I've gone back and listened to a few episodes to help me fill in some blanks and I realized i've learned some new things:

1. Burt had 2 large hand guns when they first picked him up. He had a revolver, which I think was a .357 from the way Saul kept talking about how it could take out about anything. So, he's carrying around Shirley and the revolver (he used it to shoot Bill's shotgun.)
2. The creatures sleep (also from the Burt rescue epi.) This tells us they aren't "DEAD."

3. Some of them feel pain to a certain degree(Behemoth chasing Angel and Kalani uses it arms to block it's head.

4. Some have learned to respect the damage weapons cause them
a. The Behemoth chasing Angel and Saul.
b. "Ink" playing possum until he heard they were out of ammo and the fact he eyeballed Saul's "Knife" and decided to beat feet rather than try a go at them.)

4. Some take and follow orders. This is from the Datu/Sam episodes

5. Michael, Saul and Angel should know they need an alternate place/fall back/escape plan and haven't thought of that need.

6. The creatures are cannibals, so they won't run out of food for a long while.

7. The tower residents didn't go out and collect weapons or ammo from the fallen Mallers after the war.

8. They haven't made an effort to get back to Burt's even though it should be #1 on the priority list now

9. They haven't changed the gate code

10. Michael was an ass before everything went to hell.