Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
Angel also did this to try and appease the mallers, into possibly making a sort of truce with Scratch. It didn't work, but that was also a little bit for the group. He knew how Scratch would take it.
Now, this opens up a few more questions about the mallers and Angel's relationship to them (which you may be willing to answer, since they are within the knowledge of the characters).

I do remember now that Angel was trying to get Scratch to call the mallers off and she said something like she couldn't promise him anything. But she also made it clear that Pegs is dead no matter what Angel did for Scratch and Angel said flippantly that he was sure Pegs knew that (and by extension, he knew that). So what exactly would it look like for the mallers to have no beef with the Tower but still want to kill Pegs? Since the Tower would never just give her up willingly, the mallers would be forced to attack them regardless of any truce that was made, right? Or maybe it's that if the mallers did attack the Tower, the truce would mean they would take care not to kill anyone except for Pegs?

So my questions to you, KC, are how much did Angel know about The Family? Did he understand the Rules? Did he know not only was Scratch compelled to seek revenge, but also Durai (and thus the mallers as a whole, because he led them)? The idea of a truce seems farfetched with that kind of knowledge.

Also concerning the two maller attacks on the Tower am I right in thinking Attack #1 was under Durai's leadership and the goal was to establish a new safe place for the rest of the mallers (taken by force, if necessary)? And Attack #2, which destroyed the Tower, was all Scratch's decision in order to kill Pegs, with control of the Tower completely irrelevant? In fact, Durai may not have even known that Scratch was planning on returning to the Tower and he probably had no desire to ever go back there.