User Tag List

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurLoved3 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    Then there has to be a weakness then, right? Zombies can't move once it get to too cold. Behemoths die from tumors after a while. What would the ALDO have? I think the tied in with Raydon Labs isn't that it ground zero more like the place they were getting supplies to keep the zombie army alive.
    Could the ALDO weakness be that they're infertile? given the underdeveloped sex organs, or the cocktail or hormone/ steroid drugs?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered
    Interesting topic. Do zombies breed or can they only turn other humans.

If they can only turn, eventually they wipe out the human race and then slowly starve to death. Are the smart ones like Ink and Randy smart enough to know this? Is that why they have stopped attacking the colony? They have a stockpile of bodies to munch on already and they are leaving the colony alone for now to expand. Leaving it as a grocery store or animal pen type setup. When they run out of bodies in the pantry to feast on they will hit the colony again to stock up?

What if they can breed? Is that where the little ones come from? Are the numbers their 'birth' order? With all the drastic physical changes that Tanya has found in their bodies, perhaps they have an extremely short gestation period. I think Tanya notes diminished sexual organs, but not eliminated, they are still there.

I doubt that part will come into play in our story here but it is something curious to think about. If the biters can't breed at all then it is in their best interest not to wipe out the human race entirely because by doing so they wipe themselves out as well.
    Likes scbubba, skankyfish, Footbutt liked this post
    [FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Meat and Girth [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:squint:

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit9014 View Post
    Interesting topic. Do zombies breed or can they only turn other humans.

If they can only turn, eventually they wipe out the human race and then slowly starve to death. Are the smart ones like Ink and Randy smart enough to know this? Is that why they have stopped attacking the colony? They have a stockpile of bodies to munch on already and they are leaving the colony alone for now to expand. Leaving it as a grocery store or animal pen type setup. When they run out of bodies in the pantry to feast on they will hit the colony again to stock up?

What if they can breed? Is that where the little ones come from? Are the numbers their 'birth' order? With all the drastic physical changes that Tanya has found in their bodies, perhaps they have an extremely short gestation period. I think Tanya notes diminished sexual organs, but not eliminated, they are still there.

I doubt that part will come into play in our story here but it is something curious to think about. If the biters can't breed at all then it is in their best interest not to wipe out the human race entirely because by doing so they wipe themselves out as well.
    I'm thinking that why they when with the heavy guns to Boulder. Their pantry was running low. But they didn't except the nuke hit and then when after the base at full force.
    Likes Unit liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned previously, or maybe in another completely different thread...... but, I think there is a difference between Dr. William Roberts and Bill Roberts.

The reason I believe this is because I just listened to Chapter 11 R&R...... When Ink(Dr. William Roberts/Bill Roberts/guy in the suit/guy with tattoos/whoever) attacks the tower.......

The problem that I had is that everyone keeps making Dr. William Roberts out to be this mad scientist or evil genius that is "cooking up" zombie creations and sending them out into the world........ but, in this episode he does not seem to possess these traits.......

#1 - They call down the code to him, and it takes multiple tries before he can get the code entered correctly.
    #2 - Most of his "talking" seems to be him just repeating things that someone else has recently said.

He does seem to be genetically altered(being able to take 2 shots in the chest and get back up) but I just don't understand how you are mixing 5 chemicals and creating all the "zombie cocktails" and whatnot if you can't enter a passcode on a door.

I am leaning toward the theory that there is Bill Roberts(Ink, Guy in the suit, guy with the tattoos) and then there is the Mastermind(Dr. William Roberts, Guy creating zombies, Zombie Baby Daddy)

I think Bill Roberts has been running around controlling the zombies and cause all types of havoc, while Dr. Roberts is sitting back somewhere is his evil lair/laboratory creating new zombies and stuff...
    Likes scbubba, skankyfish, Storm, Unit liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnex View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned previously, or maybe in another completely different thread...... but, I think there is a difference between Dr. William Roberts and Bill Roberts.

The reason I believe this is because I just listened to Chapter 11 R&R...... When Ink(Dr. William Roberts/Bill Roberts/guy in the suit/guy with tattoos/whoever) attacks the tower.......

The problem that I had is that everyone keeps making Dr. William Roberts out to be this mad scientist or evil genius that is "cooking up" zombie creations and sending them out into the world........ but, in this episode he does not seem to possess these traits.......

#1 - They call down the code to him, and it takes multiple tries before he can get the code entered correctly.
    #2 - Most of his "talking" seems to be him just repeating things that someone else has recently said.

He does seem to be genetically altered(being able to take 2 shots in the chest and get back up) but I just don't understand how you are mixing 5 chemicals and creating all the "zombie cocktails" and whatnot if you can't enter a passcode on a door.

I am leaning toward the theory that there is Bill Roberts(Ink, Guy in the suit, guy with the tattoos) and then there is the Mastermind(Dr. William Roberts, Guy creating zombies, Zombie Baby Daddy)

I think Bill Roberts has been running around controlling the zombies and cause all types of havoc, while Dr. Roberts is sitting back somewhere is his evil lair/laboratory creating new zombies and stuff...

I agree with some of this. I don't think Bill Roberts and Dr. William Roberts are the same person. But Ink does say something to the effect of 'Leave Her' about CJ when attacking the first tower, which was not a repeat of what someone else already said. So he must have some power of original dialog, even if it is limited. (which brings me to a different point that I'll elaborate on below).

I also don't think that Dr. William or Bill have anything to do with the cause of the outbreak. I think ink was fortunate somehow to retain so much of his faculties after the outbreak, but I see him as a victim of the outbreak like the rest. I still believe something at ground zero is the cause of the outbreak, and I think Raydon and Dr. William's office were raided because they contained chemicals that enabled stronger zombies.

I am starting to like the father/son theory. Perhaps Dr William had a son, William Jr, aka Bill. Dr. William died with the rest of humanity during the outbreak. Bill, having retained some of his smarts remembers what dear ol Dad did for a living and went to his office to obtain some chemicals to modify his troops.

I think having smarts and the ability to mix some liquids or tattoo a large number on an arm is much easier than the dexterity required to hit some small keys on a pinpad. Heck look at Michael, in the first chapter when he goes to the reserve base to meet up with Angel and Saul he has a hard time with the pinpad and gets his code wrong the first time, and he was normal.
    Likes scbubba, skankyfish, Storm liked this post
    [FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Meat and Girth [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:squint:

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Well, just to confuse the issue, the one in the hospital caught an arrow out of the air and someone opened the gates to the colony and that is more complicated than just a four digit code.
    Likes scbubba, Storm, Gnex liked this post

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    And to further confuse the topic in the other direction.

we armchair scientists need to remember, William Roberts, while called "paranoid" schizophrenic...still had a considerable amount of wits about him if/when he turned. That is if we can count on the "smarter in life" philosophy.

google brocas area a little and learn a few things about the language center of the brain. Likely info someone at a pharmaceutical company like raydon would retain. If TOWTM could alter biters to the point of "little ones"...how far out of reason is him altering himself to regain his cognitive functions?
    Likes scbubba, Storm liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Well, just to confuse the issue, the one in the hospital caught an arrow out of the air and someone opened the gates to the colony and that is more complicated than just a four digit code.
    I agree with this too, it seems like there are points in the story where TOWTM is extremely agile, quick, strong, etc... And then other points where he is not!

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

And to amplify 7id, Ink was diagnosed that. If he tried to tell the authorities that the people he killed were zombies, he only did it in self defense because he saw them eat his golfing partner and that corpse gas erupted from nearby oil pump, well, let's just say that sounds pretty crazy.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Gnex View Post
    I agree with this too, it seems like there are points in the story where TOWTM is extremely agile, quick, strong, etc... And then other points where he is not!
    Ah, but isn't he described as having a disfigured hand? Like where Burt may have shot him. I would have to relisten to be sure.

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast