User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Dang it. Typed a whole page of stuff and it's lost. Oh well, here is the Osiris Cliff's Version.

Randy might be the link between Inks attacks.
    1) He goes to the water works prior to CJ's tower attack.
    2) He encounters Micheal prior to the Tower's attack.
    3) He is seen at the Colony prior to the attack in Scorched Earth.

There. I had more to say but too much to re-type.
    Likes scbubba liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Which would support the theory that Randy might be one of the Smart Ones and/ or generals in Ink's Army, wouldn't it?
    But Randy is not necessarily the link between Ink's attacks - take the ambush-sites on the Mallers' convoy, the first two major assaults on The Tower ... Maybe Randy was there; but he was not mentioned.

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Hmmm, hadn't thought about the connection between Randy appearances and Zed attacks. Good one. I'll have to go back and listen to see exactly when/where the attack was after the attempted Tanya abduction....

Re-reading the last couple of pages of this thread got me thinking about the Randy v TOWTM idea (instead of Randy and TOWTM). Without going all metaphysical (see the Buddhist thread for that), what if Randy and TOWTM represent Good and Evil fighting each other for dominion over humanity?
    Evil got out to a huge lead with a direct assault and superior muscle power. But now Good is "assisting" humanity (instead of directly intervening all the time) behind the scenes. This gels with some religious beliefs throughout the world (e.g., some denominations of Christianity).

It doesn't necessarily explain everything, which is ok since we have Season 4 to do most of that work.... But, the markings (tattoos) could be "spiritual" in nature and designate the power/possession level of the one marked and we may see a few more with markings as Our Heroes start taking it to the streets....

Of course, this could all be a bunch of hooey but that's part of what makes this fun. Right?
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

In my humble opinion all of this is quite far fetched. Randy's appearance at the water pumping station and the attack on CJs may be connected; and yet both locations are quite far away from each other. Therefore a link is not really obvious and very arguable. Also we don't know for sure that this bearded zombie before the latest attack on The Colony is Randy; we only assume him to be that specific zombie, because he together with Ink are the only really individual zombies; althought the Little Ones in LA are numbered, they are not half as individualized as Ink, Randy and the bearded zombie are.

Now, about Randy VS Ink instead Randy PLUS Ink ... I have doubts. Michael does not say what has happened at the Water Pumping Station; we only guess - and that a lot, which makes anything possible. As for the attempt to kidnap Tanya things are equally uncertain - did Randy try to kidnap her in order to find a cure (then: how would he know about Tanya's skills as a doctor?) or in order to bring her to Ink for even more experiments? And finally The Colony: Why didn't Randy and the 'good zombies' interfere with the actions of the 'evil zombies', if they 'are'/'were' good zombies after all?
    Again: Anything might be possible, but I have a lot of trouble considering Randy a "zeeh good guy" ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience PointsWell Liked

Gamertag: OldtypeM87
    What if him trying to take her has to do with her being scratched and not turning when she was at the colony? Maybe they know she was scratched and not turned in a way. Maybe she have some sort of immunity to the virus or whatever caused the whole thing after all. Maybe Randy and other zed realize it as well and try to kidnap her to take her out of the picture or for some other purpose?

Edit: Sorry Liam, misread that 2nd paragraph. I've pretty much supported and agree with your theory about tanya and randy. Only 5 months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    In my humble opinion all of this is quite far fetched. Randy's appearance at the water pumping station and the attack on CJs may be connected; and yet both locations are quite far away from each other. Therefore a link is not really obvious and very arguable. Also we don't know for sure that this bearded zombie before the latest attack on The Colony is Randy; we only assume him to be that specific zombie, because he together with Ink are the only really individual zombies; althought the Little Ones in LA are numbered, they are not half as individualized as Ink, Randy and the bearded zombie are.

Now, about Randy VS Ink instead Randy PLUS Ink ... I have doubts. Michael does not say what has happened at the Water Pumping Station; we only guess - and that a lot, which makes anything possible. As for the attempt to kidnap Tanya things are equally uncertain - did Randy try to kidnap her in order to find a cure (then: how would he know about Tanya's skills as a doctor?) or in order to bring her to Ink for even more experiments? And finally The Colony: Why didn't Randy and the 'good zombies' interfere with the actions of the 'evil zombies', if they 'are'/'were' good zombies after all?
    Again: Anything might be possible, but I have a lot of trouble considering Randy a "zeeh good guy" ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Last edited by OldtypeM87; Mar 14th, 2013 at 07:18 AM.
    If the zombie invasion happens, the first place I'm going to is Taco Bell for some chalupas. It's the last place anyone would go to.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Randy is definitely a Smart One;
    1) He controlled the other Zs during the Tanya snatching. Keeping them from getting to close.
    2) He ducked away from Micheal's fire just like the Smart one encountered by Micheal and Angel in the lobby in Chapter 2.

I also addressed, in my long but lost version of the original post, Ink attacking targets without Randy. Of course he set up ambushes, but he does wander around looking from roof tops and such. My point is that he may have used Randy to find locations of large groups of people in order to attack, home invasion style. There is just no explanation of how Ink could get this info from Randy.

1) Ink wasn't involved in the flower pot dropping because the Zombies went there on their own.
    2) The Zs were CALLED to the Tower during the WAR with the sweat bottles.
    3) Ink attacked the Tower the same day the Micheal was found/rescued from/near the Water Works. This is AFTER Randy and Micheal would have parted company.

Randy is not an INKLING but he is mentioned, repeatedly, as having a marking on his face, Uruk-Hai style.
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    ... My point is that he [Ink] may have used Randy to find locations of large groups of people in order to attack, home invasion style.
    Agreed.
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

I'm still stuck on how Randy could have learned of the Tower's whereabouts from Michael, and how could he relay any info to Ink. Also, how could he get info to Ink about the colony. Runners with messages tied to their ankles? Zombies shaking their booties like bees giving directions to a food source?

Guess we'll have to wait until Season 4.
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; Mar 15th, 2013 at 11:29 AM. Reason: spelling
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

If the Smart Ones and Randy can speak, they may also be able to understand the basic concepts of maps. We had this on one of the many other discussions: it seems that zombies, especially the smart ones and Ink, may rely on shadowy mirror images of the former lives' knowledge and memories.

Now imagine: Randy as a human gets to the pumping station. By whatever reason he gets trapped and meets Michael during the attack of the Behemoth (and other zeehs). during these incidents Randy and Michael exchanged some information. And Randy gets bitten. That is where Randy might have the information about Michael's Tower from. (In all honesty I believe that the Tower-people were followed by zombies who then decided what to do with the Tower; when Tanya was captured the Tower was already targeted and attacked by the zombies several times, which is why I hold it as unlikely that Randy learned anything from Michael. I just say: assume there was some information trade in the pumping station before Randy got turned ...)

With the information the turned Randy might have gotten into kind of a zombie-esque info-exchange with Ink. They may have used real maps or just simplified maps (drawing the outlines of the city into the earth with a stick like what nature-people do when they are on the hunt...), and then decisions were made - like for example Randy being ordered to capture Towerites who were too careless ...

Actually I could live with such an explanation.

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Hey there guys im a big time fan and this is my first post so go easy

Basically the link i can put between ink and randy is that most people assume ink is bill roberts (serial killer), who is a paranoid schizophrenic.
    His control of the zombies could a more violent regime as say compared to randy.

It seems randy was a very intelligent individual, as mentioned by shawn in chapter 27-2 (13:35) as being a "techie".
    I believe it is possible that randy has a different 'endgame' so to speak, compared to ink.
    He does not kill tanya, however we do know that tanya is either a carrier or immune regarding the infection (possibly saul & his child?).

Perhaps randy is recruiting these special 'types' of people to create better classes of zombie to combat ink?

At this moment in time my theory is bill roberts died and brought about the outbreak, he may be a antichrist figure, bent on destruction.
    I believe the family may be a secret society/cult that perhaps reverred him or sought to prevent it?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast