Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
That's what I was saying.
It's an issue complicated by the fact this is the way our brain works. It's the factory default to use a sort of shorthand when dealing with "other." It's faster; as in we don't get et or kilt.

I think I've finally decided how Pegs story arc could have played out without being so annoying (at least to me). It's just such a stretch that she could have seen what she saw and not been convinced of the need to defend herself or others. She could have tried and not been able to do it--had an anxiety attack or just frozen. She could have done fine on targets but her hands could have shaken or she could have had a jerk to the side when shooting at zomboids.

As to females in the story: I agree that there are some excellent examples of feminine strength in the story. There's some interesting twinning of story arcs (Saul and Riley's searches, Kelly and Datu's non-traditional (gender) reactions). The females' stories do tend to happen in the background or in the past. Michael and Saul are the main heroes in a way that none of the females are.
Define and explain Riley's arc.