User Tag List

Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Don't worry, that'll be addressed later. But it makes sense why you wouldn't want to bring a blind girl into a potential attack site.
    It does make sense not to bring the blind girl to the attack site...

But in the location you already have:
    1. The military intelligence sergeant
    2. the lawyer
    3. the doctor
    4. the badass ex-insurance salesman
    5. the gun-shy gardener
    6. the one legged camp commandant
    7. the helicopter pilot
    8. the MP.
    9. and others

all responding to the beloved mechanical genius' call for help and being with him as he turns/passes away, I still think that Hope should have been at least thrown in the truck and told to stay in it while she and Datu have their "I love you forever" moment. Or maybe i'm just a hopeless romantic.

Holy hell, when you break it down, this story REALLY has a motley crew.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    The only way I can accept Datu turning into a zombie is if his one final act is to take a big huge bite out of CJ!!!
    Likes EpiEpee, Gooer, Storm, Tar Heel Fan liked this post

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWiki AmateurWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnex View Post
    The only way I can accept Datu turning into a zombie is if his one final act is to take a big huge bite out of CJ!!!
    Though I may not share your view, gotta love your consistently creative CJ bashing
    Likes Unit, Footbutt liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Lots of empathy from CJ and that was really nice. I hope it was not an act.
    Indeed. Though she did seem a bit choked up explaining to Micheal that she did care.

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    "I've been in his shoes. I remember all too well.", "People can still be useful after they've been bitten." Tanya is making this personal, with good reason.
    I imagined her holding her arm up to punctuate that line.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1274 View Post
    Heavy heart. Out of all of the shit the guy has been through. I thought he would be one of the ones to make it to the end.
    I will have a Beer tonight in Honor of King Datu: The Resourceful.
    Before you pour one out for the homies... remember... he's still alive. There is still hope.

Sorry I meant Michael's version of the tuna fish sandwich story.
    That might be some thing I start saying as comfort with a pat on the back when talking to people about histories.
    It's OK, everybody has a tuna fish sandwich story.

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I agree with those who are curious about Hope and why he didn't call for her.
    He probably doesn't want her to see hear him like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnex View Post
    All I know is the minute I heard Pegs voice, I said Pegs??!?!?? Really?!?? Why the heck is Pegs here?!?? Where is Hope?!???
    See below. I was really expecting Riley and Burt to show up... they did have a radio with them when they left.

I have to agree with a lot of the sentiment about CJ here... I didn't hate her per se, but I didn't like her either.
    I think that Michael and CJ might have put each other in their respective places. Michael with his outburst and CJ telling him he was wrong.

One thing that I hope is remembered by the characters and needs to be remembered by us here on the forum, is that Michael has known Datu since the very beginning. He started all of this on Z-Day with Angel, Saul, Pegs, Riley and Datu. He "lost" Datu, Pegs and Angel for four months and later found out that Angel was gone for good. Now, Riley is off in the wilderness of post Z-Day LA with Burt and has been gone for four months. These original six are as close, if not closer, to Michael as family. If the information we have gleaned from the show is to be trusted, they are more family to him than his own ever was. I think that Michael can be forgiven to a degree when it comes to Datu.

Multiple meanings for the title:
    • The storm itself.
    • The fallout at the Colony from the revelation of the attack at the well.
    • Michael and CJ aren't "done" with each other yet.
    • As the cover art may imply, Michael's "storm" at the water works.

images.jpg
    Not yet.
    Likes scbubba, EpiEpee, Storm, Tar Heel Fan liked this post
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWiki AmateurWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    OK, so Jay walks away without attacking Datu. Presumably because Datu was exposed. But do the other bitters avoid Saul and Tanya? Since their exposures, they have only been attacked in the presence of other humans who might be the real targets, EXCEPT: Randy snatching Tanya and the Inkling attacking Saul. Have they been attacked or chased by any regulars, by themselves?
    There must be significance to Jay leaving Datu alone... I mean, the scene played out before the opening credits!

Perhaps those with elevated K18 levels are not attractive to zombies. My guess: hearing the detail about Jay leaving Datu alone is going to trigger Michael's story about the pump station, where he encountered a slowly-turning Randy. Michael's favorite zombie had not yet fully turned and was in a similar state as Datu. The zombies ignored Randy, too, which is what allowed him to so effectively help Michael survive a place overrun with zombies and a behemoth. At the time, Randy's eyes were clear, too, which was why Michael was being so trusting of Datu.
    Last edited by Tar Heel Fan; Dec 16th, 2013 at 08:15 PM.
    Likes Storm, Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: ZombieMorbid
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikepaw View Post

Very effective episode. I did like the re-emergence of "Dark Michael". Anyone else get the mental image of him grabbing CJ by the back of the neck to drag her to see the devastation.
    I had the same image in my head! It was awesome.

Wow....havn't posted here much lately, due to work, family and such...but man...this one was rough! King Datu has been a favorite of mine since the start and i was hoping for more Datu...but not like this, lol. The poor guy has been through so much...i just hate it for him, and havn't been this upset since he lost Samantha...I mean the man was digging his own grave!

Glad to see that CJ does care about the people around her, but would still smile if a little one ripped her spine out in the next episode.

Here is my thought...I dont see Datu making it through this....he might, but just not in my opinion..I really dont see King Datu going out by being put down like a dog either... King Datu will do something EPIC saving everyone with his ingenuity one last time!!!

After listening the the first 3 season all at once, this keeping up with shows as they release is really hard! lol The wait each week is KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to hearing about the water works soon too! That cover art is awesome!

BTW, we really need more Vic, Saul and a little Burt and Riley soon!!!!!
    Likes Unit, scbubba, Storm, Witch_Doctor, Z Sniper liked this post
    "You may find me dead in a ditch one day...But by God you'll find me in a pile of brass!"

The hardest part about the Zombie Apocalypse will be pretending that i'm [I][B]NOT [/B][/I]excited!

We're Alive Cast member

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    Don't encourage them.

Also your status said you have only killed 40 zombies?! That what you do before breakfast.
    OF COURSE!,...doesn't every typical Marine?,..err, insurance salesman?!
    Likes Unit, scbubba liked this post
    ALL HAIL GENERAL VICTORIOUS!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Z Sniper View Post
    OH COME ON!,....not just one little kissy-kissy?.......an elbow nudge?,........a cheesy wink? Nothing?!
    At least let Micheal cop a feel if CJ stumbles.
    Likes Unit liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    What did you guys think of the attitude of Puck and Robbins, a little callous towards Datu no? I am so glad that Michael went at CJ and gave her a piece of his mind. Team Michael
    Their attitude was chilling. They were too cold and without compassion. I felt horrible for Datu by thinking that he could hear them talking about him. Imagine, the total sum of your whole life brings you to one point in time and others around you are matter-fo-factly talking about ending your life as if your whole existence was only about that one instance. It seems to them that you had no past to remember, you have no future to dream of. You're just some guy in the here-and-now.
    Likes Unit, Red Shirt, HardKor, scbubba, Storm liked this post
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    So, let us fix the pump / well problem for poor Datu. He cannot get the right current/voltage to the pump to lift the hydrostatic head up out of the ground. He keeps trying to supply more power to lift the head. Let's turn that around. Shrink the weight of the head.

The weight of the head is a function of the length of the pipe and the pipe diameter. Can he put pipes or sticks inside the pipe to occupy space to reduce the effective diameter of the pipe? They do not have to run the big generator 24/7 to get enough water for the colony, it seems they just have to use it because it is the only thing with enough power. My guess, it is over engineered. Shrink the head Datu...

just a guess...

We have this ( ).... Maybe we can turn it into this (o) and reduce the amount of power required

I have no idea if it will work, I am not an engineer, I am a general manager that lives outside of the box, helping techies redefine their problems with fresh eyes
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    Exactly right.

also could explore the idea of an aquaduct type system once the water is out of the ground well. A large storage vessel above ground close to the pump would lessen the front strain of pushing water to the colony. From there allow gravity to do the work for you
    Now, if we only had a way to get this message to Datu.
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast