User Tag List

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    Yep that is a good point with the Graffiti.. Did not think of the possibility of protesters. I was thinking on the same lines as scbubba.
    Likes ZombieWildfire liked this post

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Re: Kelly - if she were on the prosecution team that convicted evil Mr Ink, then it's a good bet that she would know a whole lot of details about his personal life. I would expect that to include his father's name and occupation. Especially if Ink had done any sort of experimentation, etc on his victims... Just my $0.02 there....

Thanks for bringing this up and earlier reminding me of Isaac's role as patriarch.

Not that I'm buying into the "Kc is going to bring everything back to the Bible" idea of where the show goes, but he does have a thing for meaningful names. And Isaac has pretty definite meaning in Jewish, Islam, and Christian religions.

Isaac had 2 sons, Jacob and Esau. Jacob was given a new name by God - Israel. Israel was the patriarch of God's chosen people, the Israelites. Israel had 12 sons - each becoming the head of one of the 12 tribes of Israel.

Isaac's other son, Esau, was the first born and should have been the more revered of the sons, as such. Two things happened. Esau basically gave away his birthright to his brother for a bowl of stew. Later, an aged and blind Isaac was tricked by Jacob into giving him the paternal blessing instead of Esau. Jacob did this by covering his arm with wool. This tricked Isaac into thinking it was Esau because Esau was known as a very hairy man.

So Isaac, father of 2 sons. One is a real hairy guy and the other had 12 sons who where to start the lineage of God's chosen people.

The rest is left as an exercise for the reader...
    I need a way to like 'favorite' this post so I can reference it later when all is revealed because.....damn.
    Last edited by Hoff4D; Nov 6th, 2013 at 09:03 AM.
    Likes scbubba liked this post
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWildfire View Post
    Something that I tried to post the other day, but it didn't seem to work.

Something struck me about the description of Raydon Labs right at the start of the episode. Michael seems to go to great lengths to describe it as a plain white building, with the only patches of colour being covered up graffiti. It seemed like a strange amount of description to me, and the covered up graffiti interests me- could there have been some sort of attack/ protest at the site? something relating to Bill Roberts/ the police tape, or something to do with the sort of testing that was going on in there (i'm thinking sort of similar to animal rights/ GMO protestors or something??)

In which case, maybe Kelly wasn't directly involved in the Bill Roberts case, but perhaps had some involvement in the trials of protesters?
    This would help the 'police taped off for a year doesnt make sense' argument, in that if Raydon was COMPLETELY shut down due to PhD Ink testing and protested outside of until it WAS shut down. Or something along those lines
    Likes Cabbage Patch, ZombieWildfire liked this post
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWildfire View Post
    Something that I tried to post the other day, but it didn't seem to work.

Something struck me about the description of Raydon Labs right at the start of the episode. Michael seems to go to great lengths to describe it as a plain white building, with the only patches of colour being covered up graffiti. It seemed like a strange amount of description to me, and the covered up graffiti interests me- could there have been some sort of attack/ protest at the site? something relating to Bill Roberts/ the police tape, or something to do with the sort of testing that was going on in there (i'm thinking sort of similar to animal rights/ GMO protestors or something??)

In which case, maybe Kelly wasn't directly involved in the Bill Roberts case, but perhaps had some involvement in the trials of protesters?
    This would also help with the little ones being former animals theory.... Maybe the Graffiti was from animal rights protestors? Protesting the experiments going on inside the building?
    Likes ZombieWildfire, Unit liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    My point is that they usually take down the tape once the investigation is over. It's up to protect the scene from contamination. Since trials generally take awhile and he was sentenced that implied to me that the investigation was way, way over. They don't just use it when there's been a murder, so this tape could represent a later break in.

I don't remember them crossing tape to get into the office so whatever happened in the office happened after the rampant destruction there. So, maybe, he came back to the office after his escape or someone else broke in to get him what he needed.

It's a mystery--"Zombies He Wrote"
    Or possibly Radon Labs was still under investigation for something and Bill Roberts was just a piece of that?
    Likes Red Shirt, Unit liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoff4D View Post
    This would help the 'police taped off for a year doesnt make sense' argument, in that if Raydon was COMPLETELY shut down due to PhD Ink testing and protested outside of until it WAS shut down. Or something along those lines
    If Raydon was completely shut that long before I doubt it would sit untouched for a whole year. Also anything that wasn't taken into evidence would have probably been reclaimed and moved/sold by the company; so there wouldn't have been pallets of 'butt cream' in the warehouse and paperwork all over the place. Also there would have likely been a sign or police tape at the front entrance rather than just on the one office door.

I still agree there could have easily been a protest or something but my bet is that it would have happened at a much later date. I am not 100% convinced that Dr. William I. Roberts is the same as Ink but assuming it is, then perhaps a protest happened when details of Ink's trial became public in the media. But that would have been later after the arrest, investigation, long waiting period etc. So it may have only been days/weeks before Z-Day rather than a year.
    Likes Cabbage Patch liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered
    And with that last post I moved out of Lurker status. YES! I am now Fresh Meat... not much of an improvement but I'll take it haha
    Likes Red Shirt, scbubba liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve1911 View Post
    Hi everyone, my first post on the forum which I know should go in the introductions section but I just couldn't keep quiet about the latest episode!

so here's my theory....

Dr Bill (Ink) Roberts is/was a bit of a mad scientist who lost the plot - henct the police tape at his office.

He was conducting experiments into {dont know what yet} and doing tests using chimps. These have 'changed' into the little ones due to the testing - hence the numbers on them, they are their id numbers from the lab!

This is also why Ink is still in charge, he's their "daddy"!

Everything went tits up, the chimps kicked off and their bite turns humans into Z's.

Sorry for brief sentences, I'm typing this on my phone while driving but i nust listened to this episode and had to share my thoughts!!!
    Hi everyone, so now I'm back at my laptop so I can really go to town on my idea (s)....

I'm sure I read in one my Z-books that Formaldehyde (sp?) damages healthy cells but preserves dead cells, hence its used on corpses to keep the skin looking half decent. It also toughens the skin....

MAYBE... Ink is now trying to develop an army of zompanzees (I'm claiming that word!!) and in an attempt to make them bulletproof he's having Randy & others raid Raydon Labs to stock up on formaldehyde?

Bit random I know, but when I heard that the smashed bottles in the bag were For*****, it got me wondering why Z's would want formaldehyde, and then I remembered the thing about it being a skin-thickener...

Oh, and I think I heard someone mention "jumpers" and "climbers" in the latest episode? Reminded me about the latest Planet of the Apes film (can't remember what is called, but the prequel one), where the apes free themselves and it all kicks off on the bridge - climbers and jumpers.....

Probably a load of crap, but isn't it all speculation?!

Thanks for listening!!

Oh - and I've not said this yet, but I LOVE the podcast! I live in the UK and I've told tons of people about it.
    Likes Cabbage Patch, Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Beloved10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Lmaosunscrotch PSN ID: Flamed (I think) Wii Code: Lol
    Something popped into my head do to the contest. Someone will have to correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't one of the effects of K18 or the "FO" one was harder nails? Isn't there something in nail polish that strengthens nails? Chloroform that Micheal made the 1st time was with nail polish and Lizzy was overly exposed to it. Crap.. Suddenly I lost my thoughts on where I was going exactly do to typing on a phone is slower then a keyboard. Hopefully that might trigger some idea for someone else.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by pmchawk View Post
    Something popped into my head do to the contest. Someone will have to correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't one of the effects of K18 or the "FO" one was harder nails? Isn't there something in nail polish that strengthens nails? Chloroform that Micheal made the 1st time was with nail polish and Lizzy was overly exposed to it. Crap.. Suddenly I lost my thoughts on where I was going exactly do to typing on a phone is slower then a keyboard. Hopefully that might trigger some idea for someone else.
    Nail Polish is lacquer and can be used to protect the nail beds, several coats can strengthen the nails. Some varieties do have formulations that are intended to strengthen the nails and are marketed as such. The ingredient in Micheal's chloroform was nail polish remover or acetone. They are essentially the same thing except nail polish remover tends to have additives like moisturizers, dyes, fragrances and odor reducers. (Do note that there are some removers that are acetone free.)

Finger nails are made of Keratin... Stands to reason that part of the body changes during zombification, is the drastic strengthening of the fingernails. This further explains the part of the Devil's Workshop scene when Kalani and Riley discover they are walking on the litter of fingernail trimming and they are loudly crunchy.

"Ugh, was someone grooming a Great Dane in here?"
    Likes zombie Danny liked this post
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast