Quote Originally Posted by PhysicsLB View Post
Radon Labs: Im thinking more along the lines of it being the source of mutation in the zeds (leapers/behemoths/little ones). Either in an accidental leak of something (cracks), or a base of operations for whoever is actually behind all this (assuming there IS a someone, which considering the global scale like you stated, seems unlikely). Im leaning more towards option one because these special types only seem to be in LA. Both the colony AND Boulder only ever saw ordinary, run-of-the-mill biters. And something one of the army guys said: "They're like the soldier version of biters" (talking about the Little Ones). It really makes me wonder who/what is responsible for them.

Heavy Metals: The presence of heavy metals has been shown to slow or even retard cetain infections (primarily looking at silver and it's various compunds), so I would say it's easily up for debate. As far as convenience of genetic immunity, that's completely dependent on whether the antibiotics had no actual affect. And as far as convenience goes...there have been ALOT of convenient circumstances throughtout this story. Also, to me it doesn't feel like a cop-out. More like an eventual outcome.

Celiac Disease: I can't be sure whether it would have an affect or not, so I can't rule it out. The problem is we dont know much surrounding Tommy's situation. We dont know if he was receiving special food or just eating different quantities of what was available. As far as I could tell, they had mostly frozen/canned foods like veggies, as well as processed stuff like cheetos, which he couldnt eat. What about body builders who have a similar high-protein diet? What about vegans? There are just too many unknowns here at this point, but why even have a character with this disease if it wasnt related?
Paragraph 1: Radon Labs: Yes i actually think you maybe on to something there, i think Kalani said something like "you we didn't have these other types like you do here out in hawaii" or something, i digress though. the mutations for the different types COULD be explained by Radon Labs, now i know that's specifically what you mean i have to agree a little bit

Paragraph 2: yeah, a EVENTUAL overall genetic immunity for the species will eventually happen, I'm not saying it won't, i assume that's what you meant, i can see it happening, but it would just wouldn't feel right to me is Saul's DNA was the savior of humanity or something daft like that. that's just me. KC has written everything in a very specific way we will probably only know in the very ends of the last chapter.

Paragraph 3: well Kelly told Pegs when they first arrived at the tower that he mainly eats a lot of greens, Pegs did re-iterate this to Micheal but then again meat doesn't have gluten so meat and two veg would be a common meal i would imagine for good old Tommy so just different quantities of what was available. I'm not saying it gives him immunity, just a resistance. then again to find out more I'd have to analyze the times of injury's vs turnings to really make an analysis of that.