User Tag List

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    VeteranWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by HorrorHiro View Post
    So how much information is needed to make speculation not "useless" in your opinion.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to denigrate you or anybody else on the forum. I guess I just felt like we were jumping the gun a little bit is all; I can't imagine the Mallers attacking Fort Irwin. While Scratch did want to find out where Pegs and co. are, she doesn't know that they're in Boulder and that Michael is in this fortified compound.

Actually honestly I have found Scratch's tenacity probably the biggest flaw in the plot of We're Alive. The Mallers attacked the Tower in the first instance because they wanted to take over it - essentially they wanted to do to the Tower what they did to the Colony; subordinate all the original population and control it themselves. But then they destroyed the lobby with a pipe bomb? Was that because it all just descended into warfare? In the second instance Scratch attacked purely to get Pegs. I can kind of understand this, as if you looked up the word "bitch" in the dictionary you'd find "See 'Scratch'", but I just think that this notion of revenge is a little too weak to build this story around. The Tower people have only ever defended themselves, so you can understand their antagonism towards them, but I think sometimes the explanation for the Mallers' aggressiveness is a bit lacking.

This goes hand in hand with how the zombies turned away in Episode 13 just because they successfully put out the fire...why did Pin Stripes reverse the horde? Whatever.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

PSN ID: HorrorHiro
    Quote Originally Posted by fridginators View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to denigrate you or anybody else on the forum. I guess I just felt like we were jumping the gun a little bit is all; I can't imagine the Mallers attacking Fort Irwin. While Scratch did want to find out where Pegs and co. are, she doesn't know that they're in Boulder and that Michael is in this fortified compound.

Actually honestly I have found Scratch's tenacity probably the biggest flaw in the plot of We're Alive. The Mallers attacked the Tower in the first instance because they wanted to take over it - essentially they wanted to do to the Tower what they did to the Colony; subordinate all the original population and control it themselves. But then they destroyed the lobby with a pipe bomb? Was that because it all just descended into warfare? In the second instance Scratch attacked purely to get Pegs. I can kind of understand this, as if you looked up the word "bitch" in the dictionary you'd find "See 'Scratch'", but I just think that this notion of revenge is a little too weak to build this story around. The Tower people have only ever defended themselves, so you can understand their antagonism towards them, but I think sometimes the explanation for the Mallers' aggressiveness is a bit lacking.

This goes hand in hand with how the zombies turned away in Episode 13 just because they successfully put out the fire...why did Pin Stripes reverse the horde? Whatever.
    I don't think Pin Stripes (or whatever you wanna call it) was what called the horde back, I don't think Pin Stripes is capable of creating that kind of noise. As for attacking the fort, remember Scratch is 2nd in command, Durai is immediately above her, and while we don't know much about Durai I don't think it would be out of character for him to order an attack on the fort.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    VeteranWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    But then who else was controlling the horde? Because someone definitely was, and the zombies definitely retreated. Not all zombies are that smart in this story; they respond to orders. Either way I still think it is a bit of a faulty plot point for them to retreat... when have they ever retreated?

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    I don't think Pin Stripes (or whatever you wanna call it) was what called the horde back, I don't think Pin Stripes is capable of creating that kind of noise. As for attacking the fort, remember Scratch is 2nd in command, Durai is immediately above her, and while we don't know much about Durai I don't think it would be out of character for him to order an attack on the fort.
    Pin Stripes is able. He did a cry during the attack of the First Tower.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    But then who else was controlling the horde? Because someone definitely was, and the zombies definitely retreated. Not all zombies are that smart in this story; they respond to orders. Either way I still think it is a bit of a faulty plot point for them to retreat... when have they ever retreated?
    The details were not clear from the story, but it sure sounded like a lot of zombies got killed during the fighting around the Tower. If the zombies were being controlled by some one/thing then it would make sense to back off before those losses became critical. I'm curious too how much the use of the sweat bottles influenced the zombies. Could the zombies have generally lost interest as the sweat concentration went down?

The other curious instance of the zombies retreating was when they had CJ cornered at the Other Tower.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    The details were not clear from the story, but it sure sounded like a lot of zombies got killed during the fighting around the Tower. If the zombies were being controlled by some one/thing then it would make sense to back off before those losses became critical. I'm curious too how much the use of the sweat bottles influenced the zombies. Could the zombies have generally lost interest as the sweat concentration went down?

The other curious instance of the zombies retreating was when they had CJ cornered at the Other Tower.
    after the sweat bottles started to wear down, they still had actual live people they could see, i don't theink the zed would've backed off unless they were called.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    there have been a couple of different instances, but specifically, we know they have a sense of self preservation because when they were clearing out the few after lizzy arrived, one dodged and hid behind a desk. also the tommy zombie tried to flee after he turned. i think as a horde they have always always sucumbed to a group think, but they can be controlled. and if pin stripes is able smart enough to pretend to be paul and play dead, then he should be smart enough to realize when throwing his army at a well fortified enemy is not going to do the trick, and strategize a better way of getting to them.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

[quote =fridginators]Originally Posted by fridginators
    But then who else was controlling the horde? Because someone definitely was, and the zombies definitely retreated. Not all zombies are that smart in this story; they respond to orders. Either way I still think it is a bit of a faulty plot point for them to retreat... when have they ever retreated? [/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post

Re-listen to Chapter 13-3. Angel says that the fire is the only thing keeping them at bay. At 5:40 Michael narrates that he sees a tall figure arching its back and let out a scream. The mob changes direction towards the lobby and away from the fire truck. This is while Burt, Angel and Riley are on the fire truck fighting off the zombies and trying to figure out a way back into the tower. At 8:43 there is a familiar zombie howl and Burt says that they are running away. Michael, then, narrates that the mob scatters off into varying directions. Burt starts singing as he shoots zombies. Things get quiet at this point.

So, Pinstripes does direct them and called them off. But, what is more interesting is that they avoided the FIRE and Pinstripes sent them to the tower AFTER the fire was out.

I don't know if Durai planned to use the tankers to fire bomb the arena from the beginning but he sure could have gotten the idea to use fire after that encounter.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

PSN ID: HorrorHiro
    I personally think that it's something non-human that's controlling all the zombies and creatures that may or may not have ever been human, I think that a lot of the "zombies" being described in the story now shouldn't be called zombies, Like the Little Ones (or not-so little anymore,) the Behemoths, the "Jumpers" (that's what Bill called it.) And I doubt Pin Stripes is the only "smart" zombie out there, it would make more sense if some zombies were generally smarter than others.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    I personally think that it's something non-human that's controlling all the zombies and creatures that may or may not have ever been human...
    Which brings us back to the Mole People.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast