omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---

crackpot theories and thoughts

So with all the speculation on who's the rat, and what happened at ground zero. I figured why not create a space to truly let your mind wander. Frankly, with such a diverse storyline as this has become, I'm finding it very hard to keep with the facts of what we know within the storyline. My creative brain simply wants to make shit up...(!) so here we go lets take a few facts and create some fiction....

riley did in fact know pippen, she and her girlfriend were camping with him in the canyons ( she is a pro archer,and quite outdoorsy ) when the mallers took Pippin and her girlfriend riley was the one that got away..she made contact before the party and was told if she wanted to ever see her girlfriend again to make contact at the best opportunity,which happened to be the party...now when pippin, a person specifically sent because of that connection...shows up at the tower...she knew what to do..

so there's one, feel free to rip that to shreds or, better yet elaborate on it...ill throw some more out there later.....
    Last edited by 7oddisdead; Feb 14th, 2012 at 06:55 PM.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Assumption:
    Thief == Rat == Shooter

If this is true, we can eliminate most of the cast. Most were invollved in the Arena while the theft occurred.

Pegs
    Kelley
    Lizzy -- Although she was not at the Arena, she was not in the tower at the time of the shooting
    Steven -- less fullfilling. We have no mystery to solve regarding Theif and Rat, because no actions of Steven can be parsed
    Red Shirt -- Even worse than above.

Here is my twist that I have not seen on the forum.

Pegs does not do Guard Duty, because she will not use a gun. SO, she gets double duty in her Garden. If Pegs has never done guard duty before the colony, why would she all of sudden be placed in the rotation?

It is some people's Nature to Talk. Not taking is pure torture. Guard duty is a solo activity. No one to talk to unless one has a radio... 8 ). So, I can see Kelley chatting on the radio. But, as long as I am spreading it, I might as well spread it deep.

1) Although Pippen knows there was a rat. He may not have any idea who it is. If the contact was always over the radio, the mallers may have no idea what the rat looks like. So, it blows Pippen's mind that the person who was so warm and friendly is in fact the rat and about to shoot him.

2) The Mallers did not know Pegs' voice, right? The identifications of people were done by voice. So, if Pegs is never on guard duty they would never hear her voice. This is not as much as a stretch as one may initially think. Imagine the rat in the guard room chatting. Someone else comes to the guard room. The rat better shut the hell up. But, there is a huge risk that the mallers may something over the radio. How does one prevent this? Keep the microphone keyed. If the radio is sending it is not going to recieve. If the radio is sending. Then all the voices in the room are sent to the mallers. The rat says something like Oh, Burt, What are you doing here, your shift is... Blah blah blah. The use of anothers name indicates the rat is no longer alone and it is not safe to speak down.

Art, way out on that flag pole...

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

love the "voice recognition" theory arthur..and that something we havent thought about when it comes to the rat/shooter....so how bout one for the rat is not the shooter?

pegs as the shooter

at the point right before pippins arrival at the tower, kalani had probly already tapped pegs as the second pilot. so pegs already has the weight of that responsiblity on her head, more on that in a sec..so we know that scratch has on excellent ability to remember faces correct? what if pippen was sent to the tower specifically to remind pegs that she is a dead woman, its only a matter of time..pegs would have been described to pippin in physical detail..as thats all scratch really knows of her. so with pippens arraival and the weight of flying the second chopper on her mind....the newly steely cold pegs takes matters into her own hands and takes pippen out....she easily could have had access to the barretta, and to be honest....i believe michael would cover for her....and the twist
    their never was a rat durin the war only bill stealing shit, and some red shirt (or kalani) who was on duty prior to tommy checked channel 18....the general use trucker channel and of coarse the mallers were already listening in and they woud also have known what the last freq. used was that way...(that last part is biiiig stretch, but whatev)

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

the giant ground zero theory, and what really caused all this..

art imitates life/life imitates art

so in the beginning, probly quite a while before we come into chapter one, we have ink. mr roberts has quite the group of followers on the internet. friends, associates, ex-coworkers, etc..all of which have one thing in common, zombie apocalypse. how to prepare for it, where to best hold up, all the things we all scheme about and discuss when we just watched that latest movie and see all the terrible plotholes. but,in addition to this he also has friends on the bio industry, one in particular mentions that the head of the bio-engineering dept. may have just stumbled onto the actual virus. THE virus..this of coarse peaks the interest of our antagonist. come to find out a few simple combinations of virus's when exposed to x ray radiation bursts begin to mutate, and mutate and mutate....until you are left with a virus that is as much electicity as it is a cell tissue chop shop so to speak. the spark reanimates the brain, and the brain sends the signal to the shop to build it the best machine it can with whats available....and so long as theres a spark...it will continue to produce

now among the friends of ink there are several he shares this info with. the concensus among them is "if we could actually make this happen, why wouldnt we?" and so a plan is hatched

after some considerable footwork by our bio friend, who happens to work at raydon labs...(!) he acquires the info and numerous samples of the virus. said virus's are sent piece by pieces to our conspirators around the globe. a plan is assembled for the construction of radioactive carbombs that give off a x-ray like flash...(NOTE; i seriously have no idea how this would work, but to fit into this theory i needed radiation presence and x-ray waves to penatrate the skin of the victims). so a simple method of spreading the virus.... be it spread on some rose bushes, to wafted around a crowded shopping center. to dumped into a public water fountain and the virus is spread..but it remains dormant until its exposed to radioactivity,just a nasty flu like virus......que the car bombs....wired to a cell phone...with one phone number on speed dial. the looney bin...

now good ol bill roberts had a little plan up his sleeve, see having around a hundred people across the globe eating out of the palm of your hand is quite the feeling.. a zombie apocalyse is going to put a serious damper on this situation. so if you cant beat em join em right? better yet. lead them.. millions at your beck and call..can you imagine ?
    and jus to throw the real twist on all this...skittles was the head of bio-engineering..... he created the virus.....and the place where all of these people who schemed this entire thing first met and started it all......a zombie poscast forum.....

way out there?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this question but I will ask it here. The first part of episode 1 starts as if Michael is writing his journal. Has the story moved past this point or is the story still in Michael's past?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trubkir View Post
    I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this question but I will ask it here. The first part of episode 1 starts as if Michael is writing his journal. Has the story moved past this point or is the story still in Michael's past?
    We have no godly idea. We probably won't know until either the narration stops and we are told that the journals are done, or the series ends.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Well more with the crackpot theories theme. Why is there such a "Geneva Convention" attitude towards dealing with the zombies. I am sure people with combat experience like Michael, Saul and Burt could come up with some dastardly gravity type traps, IED's and so forth to protect the tower. I know they are dealing with a bunch of civilians but the term civilian would no longer exist in my opinion. The lookout structure is totally wrong. There should have been lookouts assigned to watch adjacent rooftops because that is just sound strategy. That way hopefully a "smart" zombie wouldn't be able to assess the tower without having to at least dodge some bullets.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    It is hard to write intelligent victims.

A good defense in depth with long rifles against an enemy with a limited attack range of three feet and roughly animal cunning intelligence could be pretty dull.

But, we have not seen many attacks. The first occurred pretty early. Then, basically a stealth fighter. Mallers may have triggered any traps before Michael goes all Vercingetorix and calls the zombies to put a ring of attackers around the ring of attackers.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

a little something for the season break...

So I've been having a slow week at work. And I decided to restart the series from the beginning..one of the first purposes for this was to look at the different angles one could take when trying to put theories together...but my focus quickly changed to something a bit more outlandish and...fun

before I get to far into this. Let me say; I don't believe this to be what is happening, its simply a fun way to relisten to the series and get a different "perspective" on the whole thing.....
    Michael is in a coma, this entire story is in his head. We are listening to him write it down afterwards.....
    there's quite a few Easter eggs in the story that would support this as a theory, but its just way to crazy to think its the case....makes for an interesting listen though

Chicken-Zombie Overlord

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Steam ID: Magrat
    One thing that won't get out of my head in regards to the journals is that for now EVERYTHING we have heard has been from one persons journal or the other... but how reliable are the journals? someone else mentioned (in another thread) that if you want to keep something secret you'd just lie in the journal. As we are essentially listening not to the past but to the interpretations of the past dramatized as based on the journal entries, certain elements we've heard/witnessed could have been fictionalized. What really happened to Datu? we don't know. Did he and kalani form a pact while in the clutches of ink? are they working for him? Unlikely. but as we only have the fallible journals to go on, anything is possible when noone else was around to witness it.
    I wear a fedora now... fedora's are cool!
    Winner of the coveted ZOMBIE CHICKEN AWARD
    Anyone else waiting for a Doctor Who zombie? No? Huh, just me then...

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast