User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Pin Colored and Marked and Tattooed Ones Oh My!

I've just completed another full series listen through and a thought that had been festering before has now become a full blown nagging feeling. And that is this:

How many Pimp Ass Zombies are there?

Being strictly audio, there's a lot of information we do not currently have about the Super Pimp Bad Ass zombies we kind of all gravitate to and call kinda cool. And what do I mean by Pimp Ass Zombie? Oh you know...they are the baddies we love to hate (or hate to love...). The ones that can talk, that can run fast, can command legions, and run an entire Arena full of baddies... Lets talk through their appearances, shall we?

The Diner Zombie
    Our first encounter with A Pimp Ass Zombie is in Chapter 5 Part 1 Lizzy, Burt and Saul encounter the One standing on the roof top of the diner. This is the first one we've seen coordinate an attack. Sure, up till now we've heard a lot of howling from the zombies, but it was always an en mass attack. This was a very coordinated thing where this one wasn't involved....it was just calling the shots. The only thing we know about this one is it's quick enough to move when it gets shot at, and it calls out for the attack and calls the attack off. This one is not physically described at all so we have no idea what it looks like, but only know how it acts.

The Arena Ordeal
    After Michael apparently bites it Angel, Riley and Datu continue on towards the stadium and encounter Skittles who informs them of "The Colored One." He doesn't go so far as to describe him more than that before he runs away.

So we all know about Datu's little adventure in Zombie-Ville. He describes the one in the center of the arena's skin as "Weird looking" but never elaborates more than that. Is this the same one that Skittles was describing? More importantly, could this be the same one that Burt fired at on top of the diner? Or Is this one that no one has any knowledge of at all? It's hard to say because no one that is in the arena was also at the ambush site. So no one would be able to compare their looks. So if we think of it this way, we've encountered potentially two very dangerous and very competent zombies.

The Tower Saga
    Now we return to the Tower after freeing Datu, and picking up Kalani. And we get to meet "It's Paul" or The Tattooed One or The One With the Markings (pick your moniker....but don't call him Ink aka Bill Roberts. That hasn't been proven and is only a theory). Is it the same as the one in center of the arena? Is this a different one than that? Maybe its that colored one Skittles mentioned? Is this now the 3rd potential pimp ass zombie we've encountered?

Kalani tells us at the end of Chapter 11-1 that the Tower was lucky to escape with just Paul as a casualty because this kind of attack has happened before. He says one got in the Other Tower and it unleashed the flood gates. Was this the same as the Tattooed One that just attacked the Tower?

Because your friend and mine, Kc, has confirmed this on the forum we know The Zombie we see on top of the adjacent building in Chapter 13 is the same as the zombie we see on top of the diner in Chapter 5. So at least we know that for a fact. But because the view of that one is so obstructed by steam and smoke, Michael can't describe what he looks like. All we know about this one (again) is that it moves quick, and commands it's legion without getting its hands dirty. Could this be the Arena Zombie? The Tattooed One? Or again, is this something else altogether?

Other Bits of Information
    We haven't encountered another pimp ass zombie since chapter 13. We hear more about them from Skittles in 17-3, but all that does is confirm he was talking about the "One with Colored Markings." Kalani says he might have seen that one in the arena, but he isn't sure. Skittles has never seen it up close. The most frustrating part of all of this is no one has any concrete answers. Nothing is definite. Only supposition wrapped in a thin layer of misdirection. But I ask the question again: Is the one with the colored markings the same as the one in the Tower? The same as the one on top of the Diner and the Adjacent building?

In Conclusion
    So what do you think WA fanatics? How many Pimp ass zombies are we talking about here? Is each and every one of these experiences the same Zombie? Is the One on Top of the Diner/Adjacent Building, the same as the One in the Arena? Are either of these the same one that attacked the Tower and killed Paul? What about the one who unleashed hell on the other Tower?

I'll let you have at it for a while before I jump in with my opinion. I'm interested to hear what you have to say.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand.......GO!
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Mar 26th, 2011 at 12:27 PM.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    The Last Place You Want to be During a Zombie Outbreak

Pin

Interesting list of all the Super Zombie appearances. I'm just wondering though if the same Diner Zombie was the one that let out the Super Roar that called off the mass attack. I mean its one thing to coordinate the attack and lead but too send off such a roar that comes from a great distance leads me to think there is a Them! greater than that zombie. Then again, it could be only just me thinking there as a great, mega awesome roar and none was actually audibly heard.

Other than that, I wonder if the Tatoo zombie had something to do with the zombie Doctor that attacked Bert Gunshop. That zombie basically did the same thing that the Tatoo one basically does in the city but at a smaller scale. Another thing about that zombie was it name tag that said Randon Labs (I'm thinking that what it spelled like) which is strikingly extraordinary. I'm willing to bet they will again showup later in the story as something having to do with the outbreak. I'm willing to bet even more money that they may have something to do with the behemoths in that they created them. Maybe even the Colored one too.

Oh and one more thing. I'm thinking that Color one commands the legions of normal Them! (and some of the behemoths too) everywhere outside GROUND ZERO. I'm certain stuff that goes on there rank up higher than even him.

Afterlife of the party

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    How many Pimp Ass Zombies are there?
    Even though I kind of get what you were going at, technically, I would consider the behemoth's very "Pimp Ass". I know they don't command, but they are rare(r), operate alone, and are almost impossible to take down. They don't have other zombies waiting on them hand and foot, but hell, they can do what a small legion of zombies can do by themselves.

Because your friend and mine, Kc, has confirmed this on the forum we know The Zombie we see on top of the adjacent building in Chapter 13 is the same as the zombie we see on top of the diner in Chapter 5.
    Have a post link?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyo View Post
    Randon Labs (I'm thinking that what it spelled like)
    Since the spelling in Chapter 3 was filled in by the VaultWiki, I can't be positive, but since KC hasn't corrected it I'm pretty sure it's spelled "Raydon Labs". (not sure where you got the 'n' from. Extra tile from Scrabble?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyo View Post
    I'm thinking that Color one commands the legions of normal Them! (and some of the behemoths too)
    Is this a guess, or is there any anecdotal evidence I missed?
    Last edited by j0be; Mar 26th, 2011 at 03:57 PM.
    It's pronounced: johb
    Find me elsewhere: Reddit - j0be | PSN - jobe_tr | T - @jobe_tr | Facebook

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by j0be View Post
    Even though I kind of get what you were going at, technically, I would consider the behemoth's very "Pimp Ass". I know they don't command, but they are rare(r), operate alone, and are almost impossible to take down. They don't have other zombies waiting on them hand and foot, but hell, they can do what a small legion of zombies can do by themselves.
    Behemoths don't have the same intelligence to talk or command legions of zombies. I purposely left behemoths out of this post because they equate to The Juggernaut in the Marvel Universe. Stupid, can run forever, and can knock down just about anything in its path. I'm talking about the Magento's of the We're Alive universe with this post. That's why I had the description in the opening paragraph and titled the thread the way I did to disqualify the Behemoths. But yes, they are pretty kick ass and maybe we can start another thread dedicated to them soon.

Have a post link?
    Yes. Upon re-reading, it's not a confirmation as much as it is the evil Kc hint dropping.
    I'm thinking that Color one commands the legions of normal Them! (and some of the behemoths too)
    Is this a guess, or is there any anecdotal evidence I missed?
    You attributed this quote to me. It wasn't. I haven't made my statement on what I believe yet.
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

Afterlife of the party

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr
    You attributed this quote to me. It wasn't. I haven't made my statement on what I believe yet.
    Woops. Copypasta gone wrong. Will edit.
    It's pronounced: johb
    Find me elsewhere: Reddit - j0be | PSN - jobe_tr | T - @jobe_tr | Facebook

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I'm going on record as saying I believe Ink to be the "colored one" and also the same one that got into both towers.
    1. I think he put on clothes/suit to infiltrate both towers to appear more human. He got them to drop their defenses for a moment.

2. I'm pretty sure if he can talk and think clearly enough to remember and enter the gate code, he can drive a vehicle and set up an ambush.

3. It's already been proven (with empirical mathmatical) data how fast he can run

4. I believe he was toying (playing with his food) with tower 2 before Saul and crew arrived

Hey Nik, wouldn't the behemoths be the "Blobs" of the Marvelverse?

So far, the Behemoths haven't acted in concert with any other creatures. The only time they found close to others was during the escape from the Arena (Arrow head).. whom I shall now start calling "Custard."
    Anything else I might add has been discussed ad nauseum on other threads and I don't want to digress here.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    The Last Place You Want to be During a Zombie Outbreak
    I have a question maybe not thought of. What makes the Color one so special? I mean, is he more or less just a super doctor zombie? Like idk, beyond a I.Q. of over 200 to make him to retain a lot more of his human experience? Or could it be he was created as he seems special in that he is physcially different from other zombies in the way he looks.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Do you remember that he may have been the one who called others when Lizzy and Todd first arrived... Very early appearance.

Also, when Saul went to the Mallers' hideout, he may have responded as soon as the guard fired the first burst.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Sid View Post
    Do you remember that he may have been the one who called others when Lizzy and Todd first arrived... Very early appearance.

Also, when Saul went to the Mallers' hideout, he may have responded as soon as the guard fired the first burst.
    When I was originally writing this thread, I went back through and listened to every single zombie Howl we hear in the series. It's not just that time it could have been him. There are upwards of 20 howls that we hear in the series (not including Behemoth roars). That's the other thing that becomes confusing. We do know for a fact that zombies other than the "Pimp Ass Zombies" can howl and call others. There was one that was beginning to howl during the Flower Pot invasion that was killed before it could finish.

So I guess nows a good a time as any to say what I think. There are at least 2 different zombies that I qualify as Pimp Ass Zombies. There's the Tattooed One that murdered Paul and can talk. But, I believe that is not the same zombie that is seen hovering on rooftops and setting traps. The characteristics of the two are completely different. One is aloof, and stays out of harms way while the other is right there in the mix of it stirring up trouble. Rooftop's calls are different than any others we hear in the series. Go back and listen to Chapter 13 for the calls that you hear to change the direction of the attack from the firetruck to the lobby, and to call off the attack. These are different calls than we've heard any other time.

As for the Tattooed One that killed Paul, despite all the evidence to the contrary, I still think he's the one who runs the arena. I think he's the one who leads attacks against pockets of civilization in the Towers. He seemingly takes joy and pleasure in what he's doing and it sets him apart from even Rooftop who appears to be cold and calculating. There's a real style and flair for the dramatic with the Tattooed One's attacks. He leads a lone charge against The Tower and if he had his way, he would call others to him to finish the job. In theory, he did this against the other Tower too.

Are these the only ones of this kind? Probably not. But I believe we've only met two thus far.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Maybe The Tattooed One makes copies of himself, using other Smart Ones, marking their faces and training them to be Zods among Z's, to create the illusion that he may have been killed to other groups of survivors.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast