User Tag List

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 38-1

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    There's usually a decent conversation about the chapter art by now. Let's have one!

<clipped for space>

Obviously we see Riley who has really let herself go.......

So where is Burt, why the heavy fire power? I'm having a hard time reconciling the chapter art, the chapter title, and the action in the story at the moment.
    On a literal level, I think this is Burt working on the Ma Deuce in some "Workshop" hut in the Colony.

Now, does that point to a significant role that Burt and said machine gun will take in this episode? I have an image of Burt laying down the law about sticking together with Michael, Saul, Victor, Lizzy, et al. while The Puck "watches over" the crowd with the M-2 so nobody gets any ideas about stopping their exit from the Colony.

<insanity>
    Here's the original cover art that Kc was going to use for the episode.

He decided it gave away too much to soon - hence the change up on the artwork.
    I'm not saying how I managed to get it but there may be a leak in the Wayland compound....
    </insanity>
    Likes thisonegirl, LiamKerrington liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Mh.

Maybe Burt prepares something for CJ, and she ends up like this:

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Like untended notes on the Family? The only thing I can think of specific to Dunbar are additional notes on the mallers that CJ has and may not have properly secured with her infatuation with Saul and subsequent rage when she learned of Sean's Death. many have postulated that last chapter.

It also facilitates Lizzy meeting Skittles and postpones Hope from seeing Lizzy
    I think I missed something.. What or why is there a need for Hope to see Lizzy or Lizzy to meet Skittles? I am lost..

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Beloved10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Lmaosunscrotch PSN ID: Flamed (I think) Wii Code: Lol
    What is all in CJ's list that it could take 4 months before Micheal could start his search? Here is the list as we know it.

Fix Gate
    fix walls (reinforce walls)
    Retrieve and fix 50 cal
    Take inventory of the armory
    Parts to fix wall
    Parts to fix gate
    Remove bodies
    Clean water truck refilled
    Fix generator at water well
    Train colonists on weapons

Search for them
    Tanya's research

Here is a couple things I'm guessing are also on it.

Fuel /fluids for the bird
    Reset and add more traps
    Plumbing project Sean was doing
    Gather more food for winter

Here is some wild speculation

Build Underground tunnels to buildings outside of the colony
    Likes Hoff4D, Witch_Doctor, LiamKerrington liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by clem131 View Post
    It's actually the motto of the kingdom of Belgium ^_^'''
    edit: Sorry, I did not notice you wrote more on that later. You confused The Netherlands with Belgium, which can cause you some headaches with Dutch people The concept is the same in fascism and in the mottos you cite; in both cases it's meant to be taken as a positive feature, the difference being the implementation of the unity in question: in fascism it is through coercion.
    In the Colony it is apparently through lies.
    I am surprised at how smooth it all went. It did not convince me at all, but it's good that Vic and Saul are out the door so there will be some action during the next episode. From Michael's side I think we'll have to wait, there's at least some more prepping episodes before we get to the hunt. I was actually hoping for an episode starring Lady. At least she doesn't spend all her time being a bitch... oh wait...
    Oops, my apologies, my Belgian friend. I think it was a motto in the Netherlands in the 19th century, but not now. Kudos for making the distinction between how the positive feature of unity is implemented.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1274 View Post
    I think I missed something.. What or why is there a need for Hope to see Lizzy or Lizzy to meet Skittles? I am lost..
    It is storycraft. Let's say Skittles just happened to be a mental patient and say Lizzy was a therapist who studied in a mental hospital durring her phd program. Maybe Lizzy could get more out of Skittles since he might already feel comfortable with her. If Lizzy stays in the colony, I do not think skittles is going to show up any time soon asking to borrow a cup of sugar. So, the story would require Lizzy to be outside the colony for this to occur. Now for good measure, toss in a criminally insane dude covered with tattoos who seems to like tattooing little zombies so they grow up to be great big killing machines. Oh, and do not forget that this was done in a hospital called Canes and the plot driving the story is Fratracide; killing of a brother.

As long as i am here, I think Tanya has it wrong. The teeth are not serially replaced like a shark, those were the baby teeth; hyper accelerated growth, essentially growing from toddlers to over six feet tall in a only a few months.

Then, I get handed a tinfoil hat and I start listening for crows to have with my humble pie...

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    One little aspect / question which I probably did not notice in chapter 37 during the surgery. Irony of history, but who donated the blood for CJ. I mean, she literary ran out of gas shortly before it. What if... what if it was Victor or Saul. And now she exiles them. Hm.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Unit liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    One little aspect / question which I probably did not notice in chapter 37 during the surgery. Irony of history, but who donated the blood for CJ. I mean, she literary ran out of gas shortly before it. What if... what if it was Victor or Saul. And now she exiles them. Hm.
    Good point. I didn't ask, 'cause I already fueled the discussion with criticism about the process of her treatment and cure ...
    Likes YetAnotherBloodyCheek liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered
    Sad I didn't discover the podcast and forums sooner. Great show!!!

A couple thoughts... fix the .50 cal sounds great, but where are they getting ammo by now? We are talking almost a year into this apocalypse in probably the most gun/ammo regulated place in the US (so you aren't likely to find a ton from residential stockpiles). The gun shop and base where Michael, Angel and Saul came from were ransacked by mallers, and any ammo storage the tower had went down with the tower. Irwin and Boulder were nuked along with any stockpiles they had. The Colony had already been cleaned out by Michael and Vic previously so there would only be what was left from the Mallers but between the war with the tower, the fight during the explosion of the Arena, and fighting off zombie hoards, they couldn't have had much if anything. Basically we are relying on what would have been brought on the chopper from Irwin. At the start of season 4 we hear them chasing down little ones with the minigun and .50 cal in full auto mode.... there just couldn't feasibly be much if anything left.

What do Saul and Vic gain by going along with CJ kicking them out? If they simply say No we aren't going to do it, how could CJ convince the rest of the colony to kick them out without exposing herself as well? She couldn't. She wouldn't have a leg to stand on (pun intended). The only thing I can think of is that Saul and Vic actually WANT to get away from CJ by now and they have plans to take more people with them.

The 4 months before we can get to what Michael wants to do. We learned from the vote that between those who voted and those who weren't allowed to vote there are at least 70-80 people in the Colony if not more right? What work really needs to be done that the master planner CJ couldn't accomplish with 70-80 people in just a few weeks? Seems a ridiculous concept.

I think I'll cut myself off there haha. Despite my ramblings and incredulous nature I still love the show. Better than any TV series thats for sure :-)
    Likes runs4theheckofit, LiamKerrington liked this post

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit9014 View Post
    A couple thoughts... fix the .50 cal sounds great, but where are they getting ammo by now? We are talking almost a year into this apocalypse in probably the most gun/ammo regulated place in the US (so you aren't likely to find a ton from residential stockpiles). The gun shop and base where Michael, Angel and Saul came from were ransacked by mallers, and any ammo storage the tower had went down with the tower. Irwin and Boulder were nuked along with any stockpiles they had. The Colony had already been cleaned out by Michael and Vic previously so there would only be what was left from the Mallers but between the war with the tower, the fight during the explosion of the Arena, and fighting off zombie hoards, they couldn't have had much if anything. Basically we are relying on what would have been brought on the chopper from Irwin. At the start of season 4 we hear them chasing down little ones with the minigun and .50 cal in full auto mode.... there just couldn't feasibly be much if anything left.
    The base Michael, Saul, and Angel were out of wasn't ransacked by the Mallers. It was ransacked by CJ and her people. So all the .50 cal ammo that was there should be at Dunbar still. But otherwise you're right, ammo will eventually start running low, especially for the big guns.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast