omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---

tonights evelope

well, a lot of the major stuff has been covered. but theres a few subjects I think we could touch on. this episode was really, really strong. I think what got me about it is the dynamics of the action going on. actually, that's probably the word I would use to describe this episode; dynamic.

burt

it was nice to hear a bit more from burt in this one. I actually like his explanation of what he and riley have been doing all this time. for the longest time I have thought of burt as a roland deschain type character. I think burts mindset on whats going on just re-iterates that fact. burt and sauls talk really speaks to how close those two are. really kinda touching, to me at least.

austin

im not sure how many of you share this opinion, but im incredibly happy to know that "arrowhead" was Austin mckibbon. for one, it gives us the answer to who he was. for another everyone remember the end of season three? everyone remember just how angonized arrowhead sounded as burt "disarmed" him. at the time everyone was happy(on the show) to see him finally taken down. personally I almost found the scene hard to listen to.

now, think back on that scene, and know that that creature was once a man. a man named Austin mckibbon. a man who perhaps made some mistakes in life (one major one, to end up on trial). but a man none the less. putting a name to that creature really makes thinking back on last years finale difficult.

bill

jeez, just when I start to think I want to defend this fucker....I have my unicorn of a theory already in place, but I have to wonder how much of this absolute "mad-scientistry" was in place beforehand. by that I mean, how much of this sadistic behavior was present beforehand, and how much was this a latant behavioral trait that perhaps never manifested in his personality? personally, I think he (and others like him around the world) started all this..but everytime I think I can confirm this belief..Kc throws that theory a curveball. "hairy behemoths" really? neither keratin 18 nor follistatin would be a direct cause of this. im with groggy on the androgen being a root cause for that. anyone in a jail "typically" would already have high levels of testosterone, hence their aggressive behavior and bad decisions that got them there in the first place.

robbins,muldoon,carl

soooooo, hardly anything was said about there death. odd...that is all.

Kelly and lizzie

I jokingly said in the chatbox that we are gonna get some "girl talk" from them...thus weirding us dudes out.
    I can hear it now..

saul walks into room.
    Kelly; "yea, victor has this tattoo, on his stomach that says.."
    lizzie; "oh, hi saul!"
    saul; "jeez, I don't even wanna know what you two are talking about."

bob newhart

I knowthe "its all a dream, thing"is not whats going on. (hopefully) but dammit, too many things have lined up in this story to not at least put the thought in the back of my mind. the "twin towers" facility is just another example of coincidences in the story adding up to things that make the creative mind bubble over with the strange ways this story could go. its nothing major, just viewing the story with a particular mindset. the only other thing would be if bill, designed this entire thing all the way down to the details of having two people like Michael and cj in place before all this went down. then setting all this up..but that ventures into ...and that's against my religion.

going forward
    kodi. send kodi into the jail. period. I don't remember exactly, but if kodi has a video feed..it would be really fucked up if they send kodi in for a big "boom" and they get vid of say, robbins, still alive in the jail. what would they do in that situation>???

todd-0
    Likes Red Shirt, Z Sniper, Eviebae, Elisa, Jannit and 5 others liked this post
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    And why the hell is Tony Rey mentioned in the credits? For being a dead body in the background? Can I be a dead body, too?
    You don't know he's dead. He's just hiding, waiting for his time to surprise us all with him being alive still....

"Lurker"

Status
    I just want to note that Kelly and Lizzie are alone in Dunbar with Burts guns and ammo. And this has been said over the radio where other people can hear it.
    Possibly a zombie soldier (that died in the prison) could try to get in, or more likely one of Scratches crew, who would now be more armed.
    Whatever happens I believe this is an important situation.

Another thing is maybe the Behemoths and numbered ones aren't undead. Just wild mutations created by Ink. So the person inside is still alive, which Datu does not want to become.
    Likes Elisa liked this post

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by billions View Post
    Halfway into the final season, still more questions than answers.

- who is cohen
    - where is skittles
    - what will hope's role be
    - are there no other humans left on the planet? No signals on ham radio at all?
    - will our friends survive or is mikey the lone narrator
    - saul/tanya zombs
    - the baby and lizz
    - scratch's fate
    - datu and his windmill
    - randy's alignment
    - ink's role vs. "natural" evolution of zombies (breathing under water, the Crazy types kalani saw in Hawaii)
    - the significance of water (notice how neither michael nor vic drank any from the well)
    - the cracks in the ground (geological aspect might be connected with ground water)
    - angel tenudo's ties to the family
    - michaels bomb robot
    - the absence of other pregnancies

I hope all of the answers do not get shoehorned into the final chapter and we end up with a BS ending like that one show Saul and Vic really liked... "found", was it?
    There are a absence of pregnancies because
    1. It isn't wise to get pregnant in a zombie apocalypse
    2. The only other couple is Pegs and Michael, and I don't think they're at a point to even be sleeping together, never mind getting pregnant. Besides, do you see Michael as a father figure?

Also, i believe they didn't drink from the well because there wasn't enough *to* drink

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

@GOOER and Litmaster

I don't know this for a fact. just a guess.

the main characters, if you go back and listen have their names listed for all chapter "parts" even if they only appear in one. support characters (max, or RANDY for example) have their names in the credits only for the parts they have speaking roles in. why? that I haven't the foggiest on. just something ive observed over the years on the show. I think it happened with jenna once, her name was on the credits for parts one and two, and she only had a few lines at the end of part three. none in one or two (I could be mistaken there, beer is good) KC! CLEAR THIS UP, please?
    Last edited by 7oddisdead; Jan 28th, 2014 at 12:29 AM.
    Likes Litmaster liked this post
    KAW

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    @GOOER and Litmaster

I don't know this for a fact. just a guess.

the main characters, if you go back and listen have their names listed for all chapter "parts" even if they only appear in one. support characters (max, or RANDY for example) have their names in the credits only for the parts they have speaking roles in. why? that I haven't the foggiest on. just something ive observed over the years on the show. I think it happened with jenna once, her name was on the credits for parts one and two, and she only had a few lines at the end of part three. none in one or two (I could be mistaken there, beer is good) KC! CLEAR THIS UP, please?
    Yea, during the last couple of seasons they changed it from all the characters to only ones appearing in the chapter/episode. Cast list got too big. But what are you getting at with this.....? Or is it just an observation?

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

observation as to why tony rey appeared in the credits for this one, yet had no role in it
    KAW

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

The Prison Assault

Ironic how both towers fell and now the story seems to be gearing up for a final assault on "The Twin Towers" to root out Ink once and for all. Where we started with Season 1 and the defending of a tower, we end with Season 4 and the assault of a tower. It's interesting if you Google map that shit and hit Satellite View, you can actually zoom in and see the real loading dock where this episode partially took place:

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...&ved=0CLcBEPwS

Okay, but there are a bunch of problems with this prison assault idea:

A. The Prison Itself: Shit, have you seen pictures of this place? Seriously? The place is 1.5 million square feet of Zombie Horrorshow! Check it out:

Here's the original legend from a 2/1/12 L.A. Magazine article:

1. The 8th Floor
    Unlike state prisons, county jails are run by the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department, with deputies serving as guards. All told, about 120 sheriffs are on duty at one time. The top of Tower 1 is the executive floor, where the unit commanders and chiefs have their offices. AKA HELICOPTER LANDING PAD, BITCH!

2. The 7th Floor
    Convicts in L.A. with mental health needs are sent to the Twin Towers, where about 39 percent of the inmates, including the few women housed here, suffer from mental disorders. The most extreme cases are held on this floor. AKA INKY'S LAIR!

3. Inmate Reception Center
    Arrestees spend their first 10 to 24 hours at the IRC. The average sentence used to be about 40 days, but with a new policy that sends nonviolent criminals to county jails instead of state prisons, some inmates face stretches of up to ten years. WHICH IS NOW BOOBY TRAPPED LIKE A MOFO, YO!

4. Tower 2
    This tower is one story shorter than its twin. Due to budget cuts that eliminated 300 sheriff positions, Tower 2 has closed several floors and now contains about 670 inmates compared with approximately 2,230 in Tower 1. HOLY SHIT! THAT'S AROUND 3,000 MUTATED ZEDS TO 60-ODD COLONISTS!!! CAN YOU SAY, "NO-WIN SCENARIO??!?"

5. The Core
    Every detention floor in the towers features a transparent control booth at its center surrounded by six pods—dormitory-like housing units that each hold 60 to 70 inmates. This design allows the deputy manning the booth to observe three pods at a time. OR ONE ZED TO TAKE OUT A DOZEN COLONISTS BY HIMSELF!

6. The Basement
    Beneath Tower 1 is the kitchen, where a mix of civilian and inmate employees prepare more than 9,000 meals a day for the inmates and 750 for the staff. WHICH HAS SINCE BEEN TURNED INTO A DEPOSITORY FOR HUNDREDS OF CORPSES, WHICH HAVE DISSOLVED INTO A HUGE, MUTATED MEATBALL BY NOW

7. Bauchet Street
    When their sentence is completed, convicts are released onto Bauchet Street, where there is a bank of pay phones they can use to arrange transportation. OR FOR THE COLONISTS TO CALL THEIR MOMMY, ONCE THEY GET THEIR ASS KICKED!

8. The Windows
    The tall, narrow openings on the exterior of the jail are designed to maximize sunlight without allowing a person to exit or a significant amount of contraband to enter.
    LIKEWISE WITH EXPLOSIVES, ESSENTIALLY MAKING THEM MODERN-DAY ARROW SLITS, AND THE PRISON ITSELF A ZOMBIFIED CASTLE FORTRESS. OUR BOYS ARE FUCKED!

B. Personnel: They don't have the manpower to assault a place of this size and hope to overcome it.

C. Resources: Last I checked, C.J. didn't have a dozen tanker trucks stashed somewhere, so expecting them to do a truck bombing mission like the Mallers ain't gonna happen. Sure, they still have the Pelican chopper, but only one pilot left (Pegs...ugh, I guess that means the bitch gotta come back into the story; was so enjoying her absence, but I digress) and an M134 with limited ammo that ain't gonna do shit to blast through thick concrete walls. And it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than a few of Tardust's old pipe bombs to blow that place apart.

D. Strategy: So even IF they all agreed with Michael that they need to take care of Ink once and for all, how the hell are you gonna get him? That place could be booby trapped to the gills, with a hairy monster lurking around every corner. Any of you Army guys have an inkling (ha!) of what kind of strategy might be used to assault such a place?? CABBAGE PATCH!!!

E. Resolve: And there is still the political battle of getting the rest of the Colony on board that they should all be trying to assault the jail in the first place. I can see a whole lot of them just either wanting to ignore it or packing up and heading off to greener pastures elsewhere... regardless, it should be an interesting ending.
    Outstanding analysis with 1 flaw, 1 major flaw: if there are so many zombies in this building, how would they survive for an extended period of time without prey within their reach? So I think it is quite likely that there are only few zombies in this thing.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Likes Litmaster liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by billions View Post
    Halfway into the final season, still more questions than answers.

- who is cohen
    - where is skittles
    - what will hope's role be
    - are there no other humans left on the planet? No signals on ham radio at all?
    - will our friends survive or is mikey the lone narrator
    - saul/tanya zombs
    - the baby and lizz
    - scratch's fate
    - datu and his windmill
    - randy's alignment
    - ink's role vs. "natural" evolution of zombies (breathing under water, the Crazy types kalani saw in Hawaii)
    - the significance of water (notice how neither michael nor vic drank any from the well)
    - the cracks in the ground (geological aspect might be connected with ground water)
    - angel tenudo's ties to the family
    - michaels bomb robot
    - the absence of other pregnancies

I hope all of the answers do not get shoehorned into the final chapter and we end up with a BS ending like that one show Saul and Vic really liked... "found", was it?
    The most important two questions you have missed:
    "Why is there no appearance of Lady anymore?
    Where is Mr Whiskers?"
    Likes Storm liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Wait a minute: PEGS and HUMAN WARMTH... ?! Uh, are we talking about the same character??
    Certainly.
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast