User Tag List

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Got a chance to listen once yesterday evening. Wow! Blown away by this episode. The music and atmosphere were incredible. The suspense build up was great. I felt like stuff could happen at any moment and was prepared for a "jump scare" thing to happen.

But the way the encounter developed and played out was even better. Way to throw the curve ball, Kc!

Clues, clues, clues....

I can't really add anything to the chemical and biological discussions being had in here other than to say this, at least for me, strengthens my thought that some controlling agent is "improving" on nature's zombie design.

Quick brain dump:
    - Dr William I Roberts is not Bill Roberts aka Ink. I'm thinking a father-son link.
    - Either Dr Roberts or Bill have been making the special zombies using chemicals (biological or synthetic) to do things like toughen the skin and increase size and strength
    - All the specials before the Little Ones were "failed" experiments. So far, the original Little Ones are "progressing nicely"

- Randy and "Zombie Maker" Roberts are in cahoots. Randy, the smart one, was on the courier mission because he could read (which means someone else has mastered writing), follow directions to a location, and figure out how to find specific things with big sciency names.

- Raydon and Ground Zero are not related. Ground Zero has to do with zombie origin. Raydon has to do with special zombies.

I also thing we are getting very close to the death (or living death) of a major named character in the story. I really thought it was gonna be Robbins (please don't do that, Kc!) when he got off the truck to save the piece of paper.

Please keep going on the theories and chemistry classes, y'all. This place is awesome!
    Likes Merlin1274 liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Biology is really about homeostasis. A big word that means trying to keep things the same. It takes some serious effort to break the equilibrium. For a pop-culture reference what we see at Raydon Labs is someone trying to make a super soldier serum. A cocktail of "steroids" blended just right to turn a toddler into Andre the Giant

Wilt-Chamberlain-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-and-Andre-the-Giant.jpg

The "little one" in the middle is Arnold. Flanked by Wilt Chamberlain and Andre.

But why? Is it just science run a muck? What is the threat that needs to be countered by these constructs?

In old school biochemistry we would take a bunch of thyroid, pituitary, or whatever and put it in a blender and try to purify something out and put it back in the body to see what happened. Then we got to recombinant DNA where we could clone out a gene and make a whole bunch of the protein in the lab. But, the subject has to keep coming back for more injections and it is not contagious.
    Likes scbubba liked this post

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    You see, the problem with running an illegal human clinical trial is that the rest of the medical community tends to frown on that... and they also tend to revoke your medical license too.

While still technically having a Ph.D., after losing his license, the news channels probably didn't want to give him the honorific of calling him a doctor. Also, continuously referring to him as "Doctor William I. Roberts" probably got repetitive... "Bill Roberts" or "Ink" would seem easier for news anchors to say and also easier for them to paint as sinister.

It's also possible that they weren't allowed to call him "Doctor" in news casts. The medical licensing board of California may have weighed in on that and made the request. (After all, we only heard one tiny segment of one news report.)
    That was my reaction, I posted that back a few pages somewhere, but yea, I think the 'multiple murders' lead to his revocation and him no longer being called doctor. He went more crazy in jail, and continued theorizing his tests, but to remember them, he tattooed himself. So the tattoos came later. I think it lines up
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurLoved3 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by Hoff4D View Post
    , I think the 'multiple murders' lead to his revocation and him no longer being called doctor.
    I'm not convinced by this argument- I think the media would be more than happy to jump on a juicy Dr-As-Serial-Killer story.

As a real-life example, look at Andrew Wakefield (he of the fraudulent MMR research). He's been entirely discredited, is no longer a Dr after being struck off due to multiple counts of abuse of learning disabled children, yet the press still insist on referring to him as "Dr".

Likewise with Harold Shipman. I would see the media jumping on the Dr thing with glee and reporting on it constantly.

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoff4D View Post
    That was my reaction, I posted that back a few pages somewhere, but yea, I think the 'multiple murders' lead to his revocation and him no longer being called doctor. He went more crazy in jail, and continued theorizing his tests, but to remember them, he tattooed himself. So the tattoos came later. I think it lines up
    Imagine if the tattoos are really the formulas to his experiments?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Beloved10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Lmaosunscrotch PSN ID: Flamed (I think) Wii Code: Lol
    Perhaps Raydon may have been trying to find a cure or antidote for this but instead stumbled on things that make it worse. I believe the chemicals that mixed may have been what caused the gas haze at ground zero houses were burned down when Saul and Victor went there.

Interesting thought just occurred to me, what if ink is the one being controlled and is patent zero. And the one controlling ink is in the center of the haze where it is livable, and the haze is just a moat of un breathable gas ment to keep people and "them" out.
    Likes Footbutt, Merlin1274 liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Could the tattooing have been done at the mental hospital where the tattoo gun was found?
    I originally just thought that was used to tattoo the Little Ones or whomever became the Little Ones, but maybe that's where Ink got his tattoos. When they look at that slip of paper doesn't Michael say "some of these symbols look familiar"? Maybe he remembered them from TOWTM.
    Likes Storm liked this post

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan531 View Post
    Could the tattooing have been done at the mental hospital where the tattoo gun was found?
    I originally just thought that was used to tattoo the Little Ones or whomever became the Little Ones, but maybe that's where Ink got his tattoos. When they look at that slip of paper doesn't Michael say "some of these symbols look familiar"? Maybe he remembered them from TOWTM.
    maybe TOWTM Tat self then the little ones with same niddle.?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    This episode was awesome! Maybe this doctor was treating ink in that mental hospital, because they did say they where transporting him to a hospital. maybe this dodctor in the lab trated ink and ink did something to him thats why there is police tape all over.

"Lurker"

Status
    great episode questions questions questions. The chemistry is gnarkey. I am looking forward to the next episode.
    Likes zombie Danny liked this post

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast