User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredLoved

I do recall hearing Datu saying something like " Maybe THEY think WE'RE the zombies!" My first listen, I didn't catch this, but my second time around, this made me think that maybe this could be an alternate reality sort of thing or everything is someone's delusion.

Whatever it is, I hope whoever's head we're in , that they DO NOT wake up so we get to experience more, real or unreal!
    Likes thisonegirl liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi there,

Quote Originally Posted by Jay013 View Post
    While re-listening to the entire show for the past week and a half, I realized something. Back in season one, Bill Roberts was sent to the hospital, the MENTAL hospital. He was diagnosed with severe schizophrenia. Here's where my theory kicks in.

What if none of this is real? The riot started right after "Ink" was sent to the mental hospital. We know that he's relevant to the story somehow, otherwise, he wouldn't have been mentioned in the news report. What if when "Ink" was sent to the mental hospital, he couldn't handle the event, and so his schizophrenia took over and allowed him to cope. What if the first biter, all the zombies, the big ones, TOWM, pinstripes, the numbered ones...What if they are just figures of his hallucinations? Actually, it makes even more sense. Pinstripes, TOWM, and Skittle's Coloured one all act like the main leader of the creatures. If it is Bill, he would be the one to take those roles as the fantasy revolves around him. It's his world.

Take it even further, Everyone from the Tower, the other Tower, the mallers, the Colonists, Irwin, Boulder, all the human characters have one thing in common. They all talk.

Schizophrenia causes both visual and auditory hallucinations. When we put our earphones in, we listen to the voices. If you had schizophrenia, you would hear voices in your head. We're Alive is a radio show, a very well done radio show. It easily disguises the second meaning of the story.

To sum it up, the We're Alive universe was created by Bill Roberts in a schizophrenic fit. It's in the form of a radio show so that it is as if we're "Ink" listening to the voices in his head.

Thoughts?
    very interesting thought. Somehow it follows this scheme:
    - the consumer-idiots are zombies just "eating" shit (junkfood, media-junk, ...);
    - Ink would be the only one to "understand" the world properly;
    - Ink delves in night- and day-dreams in which he looks forward to the distruction of the consumer-idiot-society, while he certainly is on the lookout for the individuals fighting for "survival";
    - he has created a couple of fictious women he fell in love with - like the incredible rage-lady Scratch, or the indestructible warrior-heroine CJ with the Wolverine-Gene;
    - Ink himself rarely gets involved with the story itself; he just tests certain facilities and tries to open doors (the Tower, Dunbar, the gate in the Colony) and many times just observes the events. And when he comes in touch with the Tower people for the first time he (only) kills Paul (for whatever reason; we don't know actually), he asks for help. When he had the chance to take out Riley and Kalani, he did not do it, although he was capable of doing; and the WA audience is pretty certain that it was Ink who told his zombs to stop to attack CJ ...
    So - after all - is he the storyteller?

Yeah, interesting picture - and maybe not as far off as one might believe.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredWell Liked
    Another theory that might support it is the job titles of all the cast before Z-Day. Some of them are relevant to Bill's life.

Michael, Saul etc - Army (Authority figures)
    The Mallers - Prisoners (Similar to the people he has been spending time with while locked up.)
    Kelly - Lawyer (Figure from his court case)
    Lizzy - Therapist (I'm sure he's come across a few of those)

I'm not sure if there are any other links that might be in there.

I like the theory.

PS: Has anyone ever asked KC if there is enough info in the story so far to work out who INK is or how this all happened or are we all wondering in the dark? Maybe there just isn't enough info to get answers yet?
    Likes Sin Angel, Hanniekuma, scbubba liked this post

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    Interesting Theory. But I am not sure if I think there is enough support in the story line.. Now I think Him being Psycho. Since Burt said some are smarter. It depends on what you were when it all happened. Maybe Ink being in the state he is in was turned differently then others.. Didn't he per the news cast do experiments on people.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1274 View Post
    Interesting Theory. But I am not sure if I think there is enough support in the story line.. Now I think Him being Psycho. Since Burt said some are smarter. It depends on what you were when it all happened. Maybe Ink being in the state he is in was turned differently then others.. Didn't he per the news cast do experiments on people.
    I don't think there was any mention of him doing experiments on people. Unless I missed something.

The only thing I found funny about the news report was the mention of "The family itself", is this the same family as Scratch and Angel or is it just talking about the families of his victims? and on that note, is there any relation between INK and the characters families? Were any of their family / parents etc his victims?

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by whenallisdark View Post
    I don't think there was any mention of him doing experiments on people. Unless I missed something.

The only thing I found funny about the news report was the mention of "The family itself", is this the same family as Scratch and Angel or is it just talking about the families of his victims? and on that note, is there any relation between INK and the characters families? Were any of their family / parents etc his victims?
    Kc has come on the forum and categorically denied any link between "the families" in the news cast and The Family of Scratch, Durai, and Angel. Can't recall exactly which thread it's in at the moment. I'll edit to add it if I can dig it up.

As for a connection between Bill Robert's victims and any of the show's main cast... Not sure. Your post did spark the thought in my mind that Michael has been very secretive and misleading about his family. Maybe......
    Likes whenallisdark liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    I was thinking about this on the way home. By any chance was bill Roberts a film buff lol.

A lot of the scenarios are similar to a lot of popular films with Burt's quotes, the zombies tracking them through the cornfields (Jurassic Park) and the battle at the colony with the zombies all standing outside the walls just waiting for something to spark it all off is very similar to the lord of the rings battle. At least that's how I saw it in my head.

Might be another little part to add to this original theory? He could be creating these familiar scenarios with the characters he has made up in his own head.

I dunno, just throwing it out there. Might be BS!
    Last edited by whenallisdark; Sep 25th, 2013 at 11:17 AM.
    Likes Sin Angel, scbubba, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Originally Posted by whenallisdark View Post

Kc has come on the forum and categorically denied any link between "the families" in the news cast and The Family of Scratch, Durai, and Angel. Can't recall exactly which thread it's in at the moment. I'll edit to add it if I can dig it up.

As for a connection between Bill Robert's victims and any of the show's main cast... Not sure. Your post did spark the thought in my mind that Michael has been very secretive and misleading about his family. Maybe......
    Here is the link to KC denying the connection between the Tivo report & the Family
    Likes scbubba liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredWell Liked1000 Experience Points

It really is a nice theory, and many people who make these kinds of things er... stories usually do it horribly. If this was one of those types of stories I actually wouldn't be disappointed. It would be a fabulous twist in the "We're Alive" Universe. Of it was it would be on par with Shutter Island which was a very good disillusioned story where things went down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12