User Tag List

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Jannit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    I dunno guys. The whole Colony/Dunbar split, Who goes/Who stays thing seems too obvious as a major conflict based on CJ's grudge. Hopefully the Colonists are not so blind as to let the Military & Medical expertise leave based on one person's grudge. See how she used her new authority for personal use by telling the guys that the Colonists just elected her Empress. Talk about your benevolent dictators.

It just seems too simplistic for the conflict to result in that kind of split. Like everyone's been saying, I doubt Saul & Victor are gonna leave without saying why. When the reason get out, crap is gonna happen. This seems like the simplest course. I think KC is setting us up for crazy chaos just to reveal a simpler solution.
    The less interesting but possibly more likely scenario is that CJ ends up changing her mind about the banishment. She's got a lot more to lose than anyone else if things go down the way you mention here - and the way a lot of people have mentioned so far. Perhaps she calms down and reasons this idea through a bit more and comes to her senses. Considering all the trauma the girl has been through in the last couple of days it IS understandable that she might be a tad temperamental and overreact.
    Yes, this is exactly what I was trying to say. When I tried reading what I wrote, it made no earthly sense.
    Likes Alizée liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLovedVeteran

But but but, I loveded CJ. How could I have been so wrong? Maybe it was that sexy voice. CJ </3
    Really? You thought her voice was sexy? Lol, maybe it's 'cause I'm the same sex, but she always sounded kinda whiny or bossy to me.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLovedVeteran
    I should also say, though, no offense to Constance Parng. I have always said that if there's a character I dislike, the actor must be doing a hell of a job!

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Firstly, as with everyone else, congrats to Kc and Blaire. Marriage is a step that changes nothing and everything, in the best way.
    A few points:
    - Besides everything else that CJ is doing, I can totally see why she no longer trusts Saul and Vic and wants them out. From her point of view, Saul was the person she trusted most in the whole world, and he lied to her about how her last love died, to get to his girlfriend, and then She loses her leg (Even though she may have made the wrong choice at the hospital, she wouldn't have been there at all without the lie. And perhaps had she not gone in Burt would have died, without CJ there to distract Scratch from him). I would be removing that person from my Christmas card list as well. Even if she kept them around, what would she trust them to do. Neither Saul or Vic are wallflowers, to take a supporting role.
    - Tanya talked a lot at the start with CJ about her work being her choice. I do not think the needs of others are going to play as highly anymore, compared with her own feelings.
    - Everyone seems ready to give up on Pegs and Kelly (Yes, I know big surprise, CCZ is defending Pegs ). The situation that lead to them going to Boulder I think going to be different to this choice. Boulder was a chance at safety, they know that staying at the colony will not be be safe. Remember that Kelly and Pegs were the ones that chose to go on the mission with Michael that resulted in them getting to the colony in the first place. And their loyalty is still with the original crew, look where they live.
    Also, I still think that Pegs has to play a role in bringing the Scratch storyline to its likely bloody conclusion. Pegs will at least be key in getting Scratch out of hiding.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    First things first, A hearty congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Wayland. I wish you the best and many great years to come. Awesome guys, Awesome.
    (I'll admit, I had a look at the emoticons. I was hoping that their might have been a new one, bells. alas there is not.)

Yet again, I wasn't there as these rolled in. With what seemed to be little to no foil hat revelations, I didn't think I'd have much to contribute. I'll just go through the posts from #1 and grab quotes as I go...

Oh, only since no one else has tinfoiled this out yet... Scratch and gang are at Dunbar!

Noooo, I don't think that is the case. Just want to conspiratheorize before 7oddIsDead, Red Shirt or Grognaurd beat me too it.
    I don't think I mentioned it because it seemed to me to be generally assumed that this was the case... though I do think it may have been mentioned previously.
    Who else would it have been behind the wheel of that SWAT van? A van I might add had a fair bit of equipment, guns, ammo and CJ's maps of LA in it... maps of LA with directions to get back to Dunbar.

Cue: Bizarre emotional scene where Scratch is trying to get through the locked doors and gates of Dunbar, cursing Pegs for the death of Latch at every step.

I think that the crew that ventures bask to Dunbar are in for a nasty and terribly ironic surprise: Scratch holed up in the tower that she was looking for all along. With the tables turned, she now needs to keep them out. With a chopper at their disposal though and no more RPG rounds... they could go in through the roof and make short work of the matter.

That all depends on how protracted the return to Dunbar is. Perhaps Vic and Saul hole up in one of CJ's many safe houses for a while, feeding intel back to CJ through Michael. CJ keeps Michael on a short leash and won't act on the info. Riley and Burt vanish from the story for a few chapters. Michael decides enough is enough, pick up Saul and Vic and go full on commando to retake Dunbar. Only to discover a dying Burt in the hall and a crazed Riley standing over Scratch's pincushioned corpse.

I sense a return to LA/Dunbar Chapter titled: "Once More Unto the Breach."

Quote Originally Posted by fredrum View Post
    Was anyone else surprised at how many colonists there still are? I was picturing maybe 20 or 30, but if there were 62 votes and not everyone voted, then how many are we talking?
    From the intel that Gatekeeper gave CJ (Ch. 32 2/3 @ 13:30) 90 colonists, 20 slaves and 30 Mallers.
    (I'll also point out that it's possible that the female "Maller" that was present during their assault on the arena, might have been one of the deserters/escapees from Dunbar.)

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyZombified View Post
    2.) Riley and Burt and whoever else joins them on Operation-Kill the fuck out of Scratch
    That's too good for her. Throw her in pit with a live Inkling that was captured for study. Otherwise, I can't help but get the feeling that she's going to live out the series, even be left as a mystery at the show's conclusion. (Foil hat conjecture above aside.)

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Ah, but this is where her inexperience as a puppet master shows up. Yes, she did say that. But, she calls for Max, and then tells Saul and Victor that they have until the end of the week. Max knows she just stabbed two of the saviors in the back. From My Generation, Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Come on Max, play ball and nip this powergrab in the bud.
    But Max might not know what they "have until the end of the week" for. I don't think he was there for CJ's ultimatum.

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Leading up to that, we get resolution of the heated conversation between Michael and Victor. They are buddies now. Michael pulls in Saul and tells him about Angel before anyone else. That solidifies Saul and Michael again. Puck;s comment about being excluded was an interesting one. I don't think it foreshadows a split between Michael and his Irwinite buddies. But an interesting line nonetheless...
    Nah, that's more of an Army Buddy Brotherhood kind of thing. It's the sort of thing they needed to do as the Soldiers that knew him. Puck will understand once he learns the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    Plus, she basically threw herself at Saul only to find out he might have been looking at her as just his ride over to his Girlfriend's house. Gotta sting.
    My take is that being rebuffed by Saul is partially fueling her resentment. She lost Sean and can't have Saul so she's sending him away. Victor is getting caught in the fallout even though he was primary to the "lie of omission." I strongly suspected that this might have played out different had Saul reciprocated.

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Too many people in one place. TOWTM won't be able to resist and he'll be better prepared to take a defended position this time....

Either way, storm's a comin'
    I do believe that this is the largest (confirmed) group of people in one place since the show began. TOWTM hadn't gone south early on, but he sure has now.

An increase of activity at and around Dunbar is going to serve as a huge distraction to the zombie hordes, particularly as a distraction away from the Colony... leaving them without the chopper and heavy weapons may be moot. Leaving may just be doing them a favor.

Also, remember that Michael urged for the LA recon mission and was privy to the intel that was gathered. (Ch. 33 1/3 @ 21:46) The team's map says the naval base is clear, gives a good route, staging areas and info on the local ground wells... What wells? They already discussed early on before the first tower fell that there were no water wells in LA. Datu pointed out that he thinks LA's water came from the Colorado River. Were they talking about oil? The Naval station just might give them some of the supplies they need... Maybe fuel, but more importantly ammo for the .50 cal and M134. If I remember correctly the navy has quite the, um, "love affair" with the .50 cal and gatlings.

Whelp, I started this when there were nine pages. There's now ten. I better get this out.
    Last edited by Red Shirt; Sep 9th, 2013 at 09:58 PM.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    God damnit CJ, kicking them out of the colony, and now Burt and Riley on a rampage for Scratch, Michael not in charge, THIS ISN'T GOING THE WAY I WANT IT TO GO! ._.'
    I know what you mean! Loved loved loved the episode. My only problem is that I'm such a die-hard Michael fan that I almost want everything to go his way x.x although I know it would be boring if it did.
    I cheered when I realized that Riley and Burt are gonna go kick down Scratch's door. I think that ultimately Michael will still have power though because, like others have mentioned, once he finds out that Saul and Victor are kicked out there won't be much incentive for him to stay. Especially with the desire to get rid of Scratch once and for all.
    Who exactly is going to stay and who is going to go is still a mystery to me. I mean, I was totally kicked in the nuts by the whole "I want you gone" conversation between CJ, Saul and Victor. Did not see that coming at all.
    TO LIAM AND LITMASTER: Sorry I wasn't around this morning when the episode dropped! On the plus side though, I finally got a good nights sleep. Woot woot.
    Likes runs4theheckofit, scbubba liked this post
    "Shoot that bitch in the face!"

"No fuckin' love, I tell ya. Y'all fuckin' stink anyway."
    In the words of the great scbubba: Long live the Puck!!!

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved5000 Experience Points1 year registered

I'm an asshole.
    CONGRATS TO THE NEWLY WEDS!!!!!!!! I'm very happy for you two!
    "Shoot that bitch in the face!"

"No fuckin' love, I tell ya. Y'all fuckin' stink anyway."
    In the words of the great scbubba: Long live the Puck!!!

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    [B][COLOR="#FFFFFF"]...remember that Michael urged for the LA recon mission and was privy to the intel that was gathered. (Ch. 33 1/3 @ 21:46) The team's map says the naval base is clear, gives a good route, staging areas and info on the local ground wells... What wells? They already discussed early on before the first tower fell that there were no water wells in LA. Datu pointed out that he thinks LA's water came from the Colorado River....
    There are groundwater wells in Los Angeles. They just don't have anywhere near the capacity to support the local population, pre-Z. Here's a map showing general locations for the major groundwater wells in LA County. Don't worry about there being none near Westminster, that's in Orange County so it isn't covered on this map.

Each dot represent a district with multiple wells. BTW, there is a well right in the heart of Ground Zero in Inglewood.
    Last edited by Cabbage Patch; Sep 9th, 2013 at 10:40 PM.
    Likes Hoff4D, Hellbringer, scbubba, Red Shirt liked this post

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Gamertag: King Ricemaster
    So we have CJ taking control of the colony which puts Michael in second in command *guessing on that* while Saul and Victor are being kick out cause they were lying about Seans death..maybe yes or no....and then we have Ridley who is pretty much going badass at the moment wanting to go after Scratch after what happen with Angel....Think I have it right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    There are groundwater wells in Los Angeles. They just don't have anywhere near the capacity to support the local population, pre-Z. Here's a map showing general locations for the major groundwater wells in LA County. Don't worry about there being none near Westminster, that's in Orange County so it isn't covered on this map.

Each dot represent a district with multiple wells. BTW, there is a well right in the heart of Ground Zero in Inglewood.
    Huh. how about that. Trust a "local" to know more than a New Englander... Good to know.

Something else I nearly forgot... For those suggesting that Kelly might leave with those who are or might depart, don't forget she shattered her ankle during the escape from Boulder. She's not going anywhere for a while yet. She may leave during a second wave of departures/deserters.
    Likes Eviebae, HardKor, Cabbage Patch liked this post
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast