OK I've tried to make this as easy to read as possible, all i ask is that you forgive my spelling and grammar and actually read it

alright basically i have a new theory, that the sickness is a neurological infection of some kind, i stick to what i said in previous posts about it using body fats (the difference between trans fats and saturated fat) but i will admit maybe it needs to be revisited.

i also stand by the point that the "illness" or "virus" for a lack of a better word in my mind is effected by Iron in the body.

now i don't know how much thought KC put into the sickness but i guess we'll find out when its all said and done. i digress though.

in short what if the virus lives off trans fats and saturated fats (i need to check my old posts about that, like i said before)

what if iron in the body impedes it oppresses it completely. so seriously a massive fist full of iron supplement tablets might be a cure.

the thing that got my chain of thought on this is the chapter "separate dying embers" Tommy got covered in "crud" from the zombie or whatever and he was reluctant to get washed off by Kelly, now we know those two don't have a great relationship but maybe that was just masking the effects of a slow turner.

"Tommy only had a small cut on him" but we don't actually know for sure if it went into the wound it could of got into his nose or mouth or eyes, etc anyways! due to his seliac condition, and his intolerance to gluten he probably has a lot of vitamins and iron in his diet having a lot of meat as part of his natural diet, meaning he has a stronger immune system to some extent but its too fast for the immune system to respond, it strikes me more as a micro organism to an extent but Tommy is making a fuss with Lizzy saying he doesn't want to be cleaned, Tommy may of already known he's going to turned. Riley was saying that it happened a lot faster with people in the streets and then again everyone has said "it would of happened by now" on several occasions, i guess this means iron impedes the virus, slows it down, stops it from maxing out through the nervous system.

this brings me to Ink, who is covered in tattoos from head to toe, so what is his infection is progressing at a MUCH slower rate, causing any mutation to be maximized in a constant rate, for example, the normal ones after 5 months or however long Saul and Lizzy had been separated for, to an extent the virus would be quickly progressing and be using the bodies natural fats and such to mutate, this would explain how the infected get stronger and faster yet ever so skinner to almost super human levels. and the fat ones get tougher as even though everything is mutating it would still have to mutate the body fat as it slowly breaks it down. to use it, this i guess explains why the Behemoths just get tougher and tougher, in theory according to this, those will last the longest, maybe with the exception of INK. which also means if IRON slows down the turning process, it explains why Saul was an AMAZINGLY slow turner, even though the bullet is made of led, the fact metal is in the area, could of impeded it, but i don't know the difference between iron and lead and the relationship between them atomically, i suppose a little research should be done there. but i digress, led in the body, probably not enough for led poisoning but enough to drown out the virus something fierce. which means its not just iron its heavy metals.

so in short:

what is Tommy was the slow turner and what if Saul was an INCREDIBLY slow turner, now if Saul did get some kind of poisoning or perhaps a shard was left inside it would explain why he's still getting pain in his shoulder 5 months later in December after the tower fell, although we would be expected to have that chalked up to the wound being cortaoised. so what if a small shard is in there, he's treated any infection due to heavy medication and its just sitting there slowly slowly slowly giving off low levels of led which is running through his immune system giving him some kind of heavy metal poisoning, in fact a lot of us in our day to day lives get some kind of heavy metal poisoning and don't even know it. so when Saul and Victor went to the crack in the ground and found nothing, it didn't explain anything, maybe because we're just simply looking in the wrong place now, THEN to top it off there's a problem with the line's and Saul is fine, and we're drawing attention to the IV drip bag, and over looking the fact something small like a slither of a fragment might be all it takes to set him off. so its not just iron its all sorts of metal poisoning. Victor hasn't been sick with anything like that.

for example something triggered a thought in my mind.

when they did the experiment to track The infected. on a hot sunny day, they zip lined across to another building they dropped the bottles and it took a while to take effect, what if we're just focusing on the salt water / sweat and whats in that. what if there's something else, how about HEAT!.

a quick explination

during "seperate dying embers" there was a pile on fire on the outside of the building,

Angel threw a bottle out there it didn't break, Burt then shot it, now as far as i know Bullets which have been fired are HOT! and even if there not ITS RIGHT BY " a burning pile of trash" maybe this explains why winter, the infected are hunting them and knocking on the doors of the colony, because the cold weather is repressing it some how, i honestly don't know, its a guess / speculation, but its food for thought. we're ALWAYS looking different things, i think this has merit too it.

i believe there's a few biologists of some kind roaming the forums, i would like you guys to take a look at what I've got here and have a crack at it tear it apart, i would geek out on a mental level if i actually had it right on this post.

Iron doesn't enhance it, body fat does.
Iron Slows it down, making INK the smartest due to the number of tattoo's he has and thus the level of heavy metal poisoning he's got. heavy metal poisoning i don't think is fatal, i guess it is depending on the level and what type of metal. mercury for example will kill anyone but i digress.

i submit this and effectively throw this steak to the wolves.

you guys have fun, please discuss, i hope i actually have got something here!

Drogon