User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status

Zombie Icon Boulder is going down

At the heart of any good End-of-the-World story is the idea of futility. In War of the Worlds it becomes obvious that humanity loses. All hope is gone as the once proud rulers of the planet fight with rats for living space. The hopelessness of the protagonist in I Am Legend (the book, not the film) and the discovery again, that all his work was for nothing. Boulder must lay in ruins soon. Somehow Pegs will survive, possibly with Hope but Datu and Kelly won't make it. As I listen to it, I hear these stories as happening in the past. When the Chinook barely makes it out of L.A., Michael begins the story with "the following has been pieced together." But no one from the Chinook ever makes it back to Irwin and there never is a report given over the radio or sat phone. This means that either Saul or Victor, or both, make it to Irwin to tell the tale. Boulder is going to be overrun by the "new" biters and the disease will spread eastward.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    Well, the story could end up in one of two ways I think, for simplicities sake there will either be hope for a future, or all hope will be gone....
    If Boulder is to go down, utterly, then I don't see the humans coming back from that and all hope I think will be gone and the zombies will have won. This for me will be a downer.
    I don't think Boulder is going down. Threatened? Challenged? Sure maybe, but not completely done in. I really think that a lot of things have been and are in play to end the series on a positive, hopeful note.
    Doesn't mean the kid-gobblers, behemoths, little-ones or Inks army isn't going to kick some serious ass first.
    Last edited by Robzombie; Sep 12th, 2012 at 03:24 PM.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    VeteranWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    I'm 90% confident that civilisation will survive in same way shape or form. It's going to be like Lost (spoilers ahead) - lots of people die, lots of things go wrong, but it is going to work out for at least a few people. Pegs isn't going to die, and I don't really think Michael is, unless he does at the very end or his death serves as the catalyst to spark some major battle which leads to victory. Saul might still die, if Lizzie dies she'll die with him, their baby definitely won't though. Honestly asides from it and Pegs I'm actually having difficulty coming up with characters who won't die - one of the great things KC did is to really instil this uncertainty into us.

Saul and Victor obviously get back in touch with Michael, I thought that was the entire point: figuring out how.

Also you're forgetting that the Chinook contacted Irwin in some capacity - remember Kimmet redirected them to Boulder.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Boulder down?
    No.
    Attacked and some stories to tell about it?
    Maybe, if not even with some certainty.

The WA-story is a story about survival. That is why Boulder won't fall ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Scavenger"

Status
    I don't see how you're wrong. This has some serious implications and I didn't give it much thought until now. Boulder could go down. I think Ft. Irwin will be packed with refugees. Great theory.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked
    Well I believe Griggs is still out there (the other soldier from the chinook )and he probably is a "little one" so I definitely believe at this point boulder may be in some danger. Tho I'm not sure how much of a first hand account we will get from this situation playing out. Michael disobeying orders and having #2 brought back to be looked at I feel is going to have some relationship with Griggs being found out side of boulder or infecting someone else which causes trouble. Like michael said they have to know what their dealing with , so they know how to fight it . Plus I think he wants others to see that the tower folks aren't crazy for saying they have seen the outrageous things they have seen.
    Last edited by Tielurrdee; Sep 14th, 2012 at 10:42 PM.

"Lurker"

Status
    Yeah, I've been talking about this in a few of my posts. Yeah Irwin or Boulder is going down. Think about it, all the plot points indicate it. Michael refers to something huge happening, Saul refers to something huge happening, the chapter title is Red Winter for goodness sakes. They are transporting one of the little ones back. The album art hasn't been revealed, so what ever events define this chapter cant be relived until the third chapter, and if the art is what we have already seen (the Ben Hosac piece) then "Red Winter" has something to do with Lizzy's little ones. what more evidence do you need. The Humans are about to take a dive! What I think Winston is getting at is this series is a post apocalyptic series, with the way the story is structured currently there is a lot of order (Irwin up and boulder safe with 200,000 people) and not a lot of lawless or chaos. The story is better told when humans are at the whim of the zombies, since chapter 23 the zombies haven't really been a factor other then the some small encounters with a big one in chapter 25 and one of lizzy's little ones in chapter 30. It is time to bring the zombies back into the storyline! And what better way to do that then to level the playing field. Irwin or Boulder is toast.

Other obvious things:

The point of the little ones is to break the tattooed one into Irwin or boulder. In which, either one will fall very similar to CJs tower (The tattooed one gets in and it's all over. This has been echoed in the story several times)

Saul will contact Michael during the season finale. In which the story will transtion finally to the present tense from chapter 30 part 1 3:15. (tons of evidence)

Riley will be back in combat, with either a break down in structure in the military or working for CJ.

Pegs will have to fight, I knew it at exactly 14:45 Chapter 29 part 2.

Datu will also come back or at least have a death that is detailed in the story.

Ground Zero won't be explored until Saul and Michael reconvene

Saul wasn't effected by ground zero because of a genetic predisposition or its bacterial.

The story of what happened with Randy will not be reveled this season. (this in my opinion will the biggest key in understanding what the zombies are up to, or at least a huge plot point.)

Boom HeadShot?
    Last edited by LongoriaN; Sep 16th, 2012 at 12:43 AM.

"Lurker"

Status
    Winston:

"When the Chinook barely makes it out of L.A., Michael begins the story with "the following has been pieced together." But no one from the Chinook ever makes it back to Irwin and there never is a report given over the radio or sat phone. This means that either Saul or Victor, or both, make it to Irwin to tell the tale. Boulder is going to be overrun by the "new" biters and the disease will spread eastward. "

Slow Clap!

"Lurker"

Status
    Keep in mind Winston that

"But no one from the Chinook ever makes it back to Irwin and there never is a report given over the radio or sat phone. This means that either Saul or Victor, or both, make it to Irwin to tell the tale"

This information could be concluded without the input of Saul or victor, Michael knows all the details circling Captain Long. It doesn't mean that Saul and Victor had to tell the tale.

The Force grows strong with this one!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi there,

@LongoriaN - some interesting points you raise there and which I would like to address - not all of them; thank you for sharing ideas to keep the brain-machine spinning.

1) About Saul/ Victor and the Chinook - well, I wonder what information both of them really could add. They barely witnessed what happened at the Chinook-rescue-mission; they 'only' found the dead body of a soldier, a dead little one, some ammunitation, the Fort Irwin badge, and later on they met Glenn and Pete, who maybe, just maybe were attracted to the Chinook as well, which is why they were close by. But did Saul and Victor really see what happened 'there'? I doubt that.

2) Maybe, if not probably, Saul and Michael will reconnect in the season finale. Still some episodes to go. And for Michael there is still some time to pass - like about 10 or something days. So the question here would be: What is going to happen within these 10 days?

3) As for evidence ... I am not so sure, whether your references are 'evidence' or just a mixture of hints and red herrings.

4)
    [quote]Pegs will have to fight, I knew it at exactly 14:45 Chapter 29 part 2.[//quote]
    How do you conclude this???

5) And about zombies havin' played a little role within season #3:
    Chapter #25: We learn that Zeds are nearly everywhere, in small groups at farms, awkward moving bigger groups in Barstow; also Zeds are capable of grabbing and holding at choppers in order to get to their prey. In this chapter we had two combat-situations;
    #26: nothing new about Zeds;
    #27: this episodes confirms a lot about pinstripes, the regulars, swarming attacks on different locations (LAX, CJ's Tower), capturing people to bring them to the arena, somewhat 'intelligent' behaviour of Zeds at least about basic understanding of spoken words, physical strength of Zeds;
    #28: ground zero and special Zeds are introduced in much more detail, confirming and spicing guesses from earlier shows; the whole ground zero location and the weird reaction of Saul, which seems to be part of "the flip-side" of Zombie-theories in WA-verse; also CJ mentions that she had to kill one of her former people because he probably was affected by the ground-zero-anti-biosphere;
    #29: we get the overall picture about the zeeh-pocalypse and some more hints about "slow turners";
    #30: in this one we learn a lot more information about little ones, their behaviour, some changes to their bodies, them being another zed-source for infection; also we learn that regulars have become 'scarce' to some degree;
    #31: nothing new, but only that Victor himself figured the smell-camouflage-thing;
    #32: Saul and CJ get attacked by a group of Zeds, while Victor is in The Colony; and in this encounter we learn something very special about Zeds: they bleed out, when properly wounded; also Zeds still react to heavy combat-noise, which means: they are not as scarce as one might guess in first place;
    #33: little-ones are the major topic in this chapter so far ...

Well, actually: From my point of view: the Zeds still are present all the time and affect the story at least on a subversive level; maybe it is somewhat less compared to seasons #1 and #2, but I don't take it as a lack of Zombies so far - especially not, because this 'lack' of Zombie-encounters is payed back with some really effing cool information on the little-ones on the one side and especially the big picture about the zeeh-pocalypse in general, which we really did not have in seasons #1 and #2.
    And if you compare the average zombie-situation in any chapter within season #3 with the average chapter of, let's say, season #1 or #2, then you might come to the conclusion that things are not so different actually ... Except for the outbreak in the first chapters, then the big war-situation we only have individual encounters every now and then - like in the pump-station, the military base, the fuel-station and single zombie-attacks every now and then ... At least this is what I "see" ...

6) Chaos, law and order and stuff: Actually I see chaos everywhere - the whole The Colony situation so far, no clue about Boulder works out well except for the military having to deal with reocurring Zed-attacks from the outside, and the different levels of order and 'chaos' (Michael acting on his own on several occasions) in Fort Irwin ... What we have at the moment is kind of a calm ahead of a storm with suspense piling up like crazy, 'cause Kc does such a f*ing awesome job with his hints and cliffhangers ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast