User Tag List

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    Also.. Everyone is bent on the Z-Language.. everything being grounded with science to back it up.. After all we are talking about a Fictional Zombie Podcast. Isn't the Zombie thing a little supernatural anyway? I feel there is a bit of a biblical aspect to this along with science. Maybe a little ancient Voodoo.

KC I love it keep it coming...

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    I have read a few posts about this being an "Insta-language" the minute you get bitten, or that when Datu saw the marks he started "changing".....

personally I don't think that is the case either way.

As far as the "Insta-language" thing. I think Ink knew something was coming and he planned ahead by Tattooing himself with multiple different symbols, signs, etc, etc... I believe that Ink knew that once someone was "Infected" that their mental state would severly decrease, they would lose the ability to speak, etc, etc..... But I think Ink either knew(or thought) that they would still be able to obey commands or understand symbols, signs, etc.... I feel that the zombies can understand the symbols/signs and that is what is being used to control them, order them, and ultimately keep them under control.

Now, as far as Datu Turning when looking at the symbols/signs. I don't believe he was turning, but more that he was in pain. Datu begins to read the page and gets hit with sharp pain as he stares at the page, he then looks away from the page and immediately begins to feel somewhat better. I think what is happening here is there is a symbol/sign on the page that will cause pain to any zombie that looks at or reads it.

Think about it like this, Ink may have some marking on his face that will immediately make zombie's less aggresive around him. Like something on his face that calms them, or causes them to follow him, or obey commands. But what happens if they start to get out of control?? It could be possible that Ink has some other tattoo(inside his palm or somewhere else) that he can show whenever the zombies are getting out of control that will immediately cause pain and get them back in line. Almost like those collars for dogs that shock them when they get too far away from the house, it is training them with pain..... Ink could be using certain symbols to train the zombies with pain....... If you try to attack me, you will experience great pain when I open my hand, once you back down, I will close my hand and you will be fine again.

Now.................................... time for the

What if............. Someone(Randy) was still smart enough to figure out what Ink was doing with the symbols. What if Randy is still working to shut down Ink. If Ink was sending zombies to Raydon Labs in order to collect supplies, it could be possible that Randy went there and put markings around the certain areas, so that when any zombies would look for ingrediants they would experience pain. This would severly slow down Ink's ability to gather ingrediants, and would bring his zombie experimenting to a creep. This could also explain why the Colonists have seen a decrease in the amount of zombies in the area. If Randy has also figure out how to control them(or cause them pain at least) he could very well be placings symbols/signs in certain areas to help protect the colony. Imagine a zombie walking down a street, and turns a corner, next thing you know there is a symbol on a door, or parked car, or Billboard that causes them great pain........ they are going to turn around and get away from that area as fast as they can.
    Last edited by Gnex; Mar 4th, 2014 at 06:15 AM.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gnex View Post
    I have read a few posts about this being an "Insta-language" the minute you get bitten, or that when Datu saw the marks he started "changing".....

personally I don't think that is the case either way.

As far as the "Insta-language" thing. I think Ink knew something was coming and he planned ahead by Tattooing himself with multiple different symbols, signs, etc, etc... I believe that Ink knew that once someone was "Infected" that their mental state would severly decrease, they would lose the ability to speak, etc, etc..... But I think Ink either knew(or thought) that they would still be able to obey commands or understand symbols, signs, etc.... I feel that the zombies can understand the symbols/signs and that is what is being used to control them, order them, and ultimately keep them under control.

Now, as far as Datu Turning when looking at the symbols/signs. I don't believe he was turning, but more that he was in pain. Datu begins to read the page and gets hit with sharp pain as he stares at the page, he then looks away from the page and immediately begins to feel somewhat better. I think what is happening here is there is a symbol/sign on the page that will cause pain to any zombie that looks at or reads it.

Think about it like this, Ink may have some marking on his face that will immediately make zombie's less aggresive around him. Like something on his face that calms them, or causes them to follow him, or obey commands. But what happens if they start to get out of control?? It could be possible that Ink has some other tattoo(inside his palm or somewhere else) that he can show whenever the zombies are getting out of control that will immediately cause pain and get them back in line. Almost like those collars for dogs that shock them when they get too far away from the house, it is training them with pain..... Ink could be using certain symbols to train the zombies with pain....... If you try to attack me, you will experience great pain when I open my hand, once you back down, I will close my hand and you will be fine again.

What if............. Someone(Randy) was still smart enough to figure out what Ink was doing with the symbols. What if Randy is still working to shut down Ink. If Ink was sending zombies to Raydon Labs in order to collect supplies, it could be possible that Randy went there and put markings around the certain areas, so that when any zombies would look for ingrediants they would experience pain. This would severly slow down Ink's ability to gather ingrediants, and would bring his zombie experimenting to a creep. This could also explain why the Colonists have seen a decrease in the amount of zombies in the area. If Randy has also figure out how to control them(or cause them pain at least) he could very well be placings symbols/signs in certain areas to help protect the colony. Imagine a zombie walking down a street, and turns a corner, next thing you know there is a symbol on a door, or parked car, or Billboard that causes them great pain........ they are going to turn around and get away from that area as fast as they can.
    If this isn't the case in WA...It'll be an epic idea for another story

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnex View Post

So Randy tries to capture Tanya (was she wearing her lab coat?) to find someone who could work on the chemicals.

Also I think it clear that the headache is connect to the ability to reading the symbol. Since Datu make a point to said "There an address there but you unable to read it."
    Last edited by UndeadSweeper; Mar 4th, 2014 at 10:47 AM.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    I so want to comment at this point, but I think I'll just let this play out and let you all figure it out as we go. All I'll say is I don't like "magic" stuff or telepathy, or hive-mind stuff.
    That's why I like your style of storytelling so much. You may have some very few examples of "interesting" coincidents, but that's about as much as "magic" was going on ...

As for the zombie-language - just some weird mad-scientist's perspective:

We know that the zombie-adgent(s) change a hell of a lot of shit in the bodies of the infected. Why would we exclude certain changes to the brains? And remaining all biological: considering how different animals have specialized in certain ways of seeing, hearing, "understanding" the world, why would we exclude the (unlikely) possibility that the zombie-agent(s) change the zeeh-brains in ways that at least the smarter zombos would be able to "understand" pictograms or symbols as kind of a lanuage-substitute? R2Da2 is a very smart guy; maybe we have witnessed a first moment of the passing incubation; and now R2Da2 grabs the proper or full understanding of Inklish (Ink's language) ... I just say: maybe, maybe not. Time will tell, and as of now we have too little tow ork with.

Let's assume furthermore that zeeh-agents "skill" you in Inklish, wouldn't this be kind of an aid for the survivors as well? Add symbols of warning everywhere Ink uses himself; and if one of the survivors would be wounded by zeehs, the other survivors would know: "As long as he does not understand these symbols properly, we are somewhat safe, and there is no need to kill him/ her right now ..."
    Crazy thought maybe; and I bet and hope that something like this would be kind of a far fetch; but it is out of any possibility based on what we "know" right now? No. It is not.

But actually I wanted to write about two other things:

a) Why do the Behemoths and all these tattoo-things remind me of Shadowrun? The Behemoths would be kind of a "match" for Trolls in this game - first wave of goblinization in Shadowrung ... But I mean the real first and second edition Shadowrun roleplaying game stuff, and not this 5h1t they sell today from 3rd through latest editions of the game? Kc - are you a Shadowrunner?
    b) Burt has a truck! A MONSTER TRUCK! He works on it. It will come into play some time ... And it hurts just by looking at it. HOW! AWESOME! IS! THAT???

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Likes scbubba, Eviebae, Merlin1274 liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Concerning the symbols, there is one source of information which has not been used yet. I am talking of a man who has become a symbol himself.

TAFKAP will provide the answers we need.
    Likes ZombieWildfire, Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post

b) Burt has a truck! A MONSTER TRUCK! He works on it. It will come into play some time ... And it hurts just by looking at it. HOW! AWESOME! IS! THAT???

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Think big. Cup holders included.

Last edited by YetAnotherBloodyCheek; Mar 4th, 2014 at 10:29 AM.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    So just a head count people help me out here...

@ the Colony

-Burt
    -Riley
    -Saul
    -Tanya
    -CJ
    -Pegs
    -Puck
    -Hope
    -Max
    -(Guy with busted up hand whose name escapes me) Pete
    -(One soldier left, stayed at the Pump before the prison massacre, forget who) Puck

@ the Pump

-Michael
    -Datu
    -Victor

@ Dunbar

-Kelly
    -Lizzy
    -Lady

Please fill in who ever I missed. I just want an active roster for what Scratch and TarDust are about to drop on the Colony.
    Last edited by Kc; Mar 4th, 2014 at 10:45 AM.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Burt having a goat called dog,,,,,,,,,,,,,classic!!!

Staff of We're Alive

Status
    Achievements:
    Well LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: huskey007
    Kc, that guitar solo you inserted at the segue, timer 15:45, in this episode was fantastic! It gave me a Red Dead Redemption flashback. Is that a Brother Dan piece too?
    Active shooter diamond formation on my mark. Go go go!!!!

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast