User Tag List

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    I don't think the Mallers will be too keen on Scratch either. She killed their leader and focused on her grudge with the tower folks instead of coordinating a defense, which caused them to lose the colony. I think Michael and company should focus on finding the surviving mallers, to prevent a fresh batch of 10-20 little ones.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Cabbage Patch liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    I do not know what to make of Datu's transformation. I mean, the survivors always could rely on Datu in the past. But now, he literally has become the incarnation of a keyboard hotkey.

Victor: "The gates barely holding up."
    Saul: "Surprising it lasted as long as it did."
    Victor: "... what if..."
    Michael: "DATU! FIX! <Pressing F3>"
    Datu: "Oookay, Michael"
    Michael: "See? Done, relax."

What is this? Command & Conquer 3?
    Nah. Just Datu the ressourcefull, which is a lot more awesome than any 'puter-gamez ...
    Likes Arch_Will liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

God...I almost forgot how much fun this place can be when episodes are churned out. Yay new posts about the story!
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Maybe Little One #1's "die, die" weren't a threat against them, but rather a plea for the soldiers to kill it.
    That was and is my thought about it.
    Yes, I can understand why some of you recognize "we're alive" in what the LO says; but to me it is some gargling and burbling during the process of slowly bleeding to death; and then I think I hear it say "die" three times - as a plea to be shot or to stop its pain - time-stamps would be 4:55, 4:57 and 5:01 ...

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    My guess is that Datu has the ability to synthesize large amounts of amphetamines in his body. How can it be possible for him to be constantly running around and fixing things. Wow. Tough little guy. I did not want to sound disrespectful, my dark and evil master.
    Because he is not the average German crafstman who takes more time to get a cup of coffee, checking with his tax- and law-clerks, considering three times per hour to call it a day and finally to imagine how bad yesterday's soccer-game was ...

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    God...I almost forgot how much fun this place can be when episodes are churned out. Yay new posts about the story!
    Exactly. The whole WA-fandom is on steroids. Threads literally explode ... That's jus awesome.
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Aug 26th, 2013 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Clean up!
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Cabbage Patch liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Exactly. The whole WA-fandom is on steroids. Threads literally explode ... That's jus awesome.
    It's like as the we're alive universe goes into extinction, we thrive.
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Ok.

Some more thoughts, and something different especially.

Haven't payed any attention to the picture yet. But now it seems to support some things mentioned elsewhere on the forum about the title of chapter #37 - Balance of Power.
    In this first episode Saul tells Michael about the wounded and gives a brief classification of the people involved - almost any major group within the WA story - the Tower-poeple, the Colonists, the Mallers, and now in addition to that the Irwin-Knights (soldiers, Irwinites ...). And Victor nails it, that some peoplke won't forget easily. So the picture and those first lines about the general situation everyone is in, these things foreshadow the next challenge or conflict the survivors will have to pass.

(edit: Forget this shit within these brackets:Then we have Mallers within the Colony, of which some still may sympathize with /edit)Scratch who is on the loose. What's gonna happen? Will Scratch infiltrate the Colony again; or will there be some sabotages? With a gate that needs fixing or a Colony that needs to be fortified again there is just another conflict-line, right?

Michael speaks about eh helicopter, which needs to be put down for now, 'cause the survivors need to take care of fuel and ressources for it. What will happen with this bird of prey? Will it be sabotaged in a vital moment? Or accidentally damaged during an inner-Colony-territory-conflict?

Now we know that the Little Ones are not only Superman #1 through #12 within the ranks of the zombies; now we actually know that besides having an excellent predatory behaviour these monsters are smart as well - learning some words within those few moneths ... It is pretty likely that the Smart Ones and/ or Ink did a terrifying job ...

Ok ... Some more thoughts may follow later on ...

Best wishes!
    Liam

P.S.: Glad, that the community is still alive after this long break.
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Aug 26th, 2013 at 12:32 PM. Reason: correction about the Mallers. Sorry for the confusion
    Likes HardKor, scbubba liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post

I'm more interested in the How as opposed to the Who. I mean, can anyone imagine TOWTM singing nursery rhymes and telling bedding time stories?

"1 little-one 2 little-one 3 little-one Inklings, 4 little-one 5 little-one 6 little-one Inklings, 7 little-one 8 little-one 9 little-one Inklings, 10 Little ADLOs die die die!"
    Ok, did anyone else sing WD's nursery rhyme in their head as they read it? Huh, just me? Ok......
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Because he is not the average German crafstman who takes more time to get a cup of coffee, checking with his tax- and law-clerks, considering three times per hour to call it a day and finally to imagine how bad yesterday's soccer-game was ...
    It is called football, Liam. Not soccer. But - you are probably right. Datu seems to be capable of mending the colony's wall segments by his own craftsmanship's will power.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Ah, and one more thing:

Puck is awesome!
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Liam mentioned mallers left over: Do we know there are Mallers left over? Yes, there was a division between Durai guys and Scratch..uh...sociopaths...but would any of them remained behind? I'm pretty sure the colonists would certainly know the Mallers by now having been enslaved for months.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast