User Tag List

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalJHP View Post
    Since they have land lines, it is possible they have some form of connection.
    Like old school peer to peer or rather modem to modem connection. Yeah, I like that idea.

But I bet someone has answered this by the time I catch up with reading all the pages...
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    That would be via microwave link, set up by good old Glenn. It is mentioned in a small way in a previous episode.

I didn't want to think of a microwave link system... the logistics and maintenance of that kind of network, especially with Glenn gone... man, I need to find a TM and do some PMCS now.
    Likes scbubba, Red Shirt liked this post

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Puck should get his Purple Heart. Normally military commanders at the brigade or wing level (full colonels) can authorize awarding the medal. Michael, as the senior member of the US Military still alive, should be able to do so.

He should award the Purple Heart to Puck, to Carl and Robbins and Muldoon, as well as to Saul, and to himself. I would also give one to Burt. and consider doing so for Riley (remember that she became a soldier at Fort Irwin, though I don't know if she's been wounded since then).

Michael will have to give himself a battlefield commission and have Saul type up the proper requisition forms and award nominations for that to happen. Burt can be in charge of the medal ceremony since devil dogs are pretty good with parades and what not.
    Likes Merlin1274, scbubba, Red Shirt liked this post

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    The Prison Assault

...what kind of strategy might be used to assault such a place??[/COLOR][/U] CABBAGE PATCH!!!
    I'm going to start by laying out some assumptions:

1. Any assault on the jail will be intended to destroy it and its inhabitants. Not to secure the complex, nor to rescue anyone inside.
    2. This place is designed to keep people in. There are a limited number of access points and the rest of the complex is heavily reinforced.
    3. The defenders seem to be based inside the complex; there was no indication of guards or defenders outside of the building.

With the resources available to the Colony right now what I'd propose is a good-old-fashioned truck bombing. Find a couple of semis. Build big-ass fertilizer bombs in them. Park them along the outside walls of the towers, nowhere near the doors. Detonate by remote control. Then sweep the area using the helicopter packing the minigun to kill whatever crawls out of the rubble.
    Likes Red Shirt, Elisa, scbubba, Litmaster, Gooer and 1 others liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    If you notice one of the banish person is being allow in the complex without her give them any lip about. And I guessing no one is going to treat Micheal the same they treat CJ over for the death of soldiers? He literally put all the soldiers 'in one basket" and lost three of them. He would have lost Puck if it wasn't for the Matagun.
    The only difference is that putting one's life on the line for the greater good is in the job description of a Soldier. Not so much for support staff civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1274 View Post
    Will a Return to the Prison come with heavier weaponry? Maybe some bomb trucks or C4.. Seems that place needs to be taken out.
    I have no idea how they're realistically going to assault that place. The place is fucking huge. They would need some missiles or something just to crack that thing open. Trying to take a squad in going room by room with all those beasties inside? Suicide mission.
    I suggest Michael goes on a field trip to Pantex. It's the only way to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Verse View Post
    Willing to be that Puck's camera is just filled with horrors. He said Ink had a lot to play with. Betting they are pics of failed experiments and such. Kinda like Hairy. Like a Behemoth but not. Hairy was phase 1... and Arrow Head was phase 2.... and Little One as what he wanted.
    My question is, what new horrific forms will we find now that Ink's secondary hideout has been located?

D. Strategy: So even IF they all agreed with Michael that they need to take care of Ink once and for all, how the hell are you gonna get him? That place could be booby trapped to the gills, with a hairy monster lurking around every corner. Any of you Army guys have an inkling (ha!) of what kind of strategy might be used to assault such a place?? CABBAGE PATCH!!!
    Yes. NUKE IT. NUKE IT TO GLASS.

I won't pussy foot around with coy movie quotes for my tactical approach any more. They have what? 60-90 personnel, of which 95% are civilian. Even if they were all military... even if they were all spec ops, it would still be a massacre. It's time that Michael got that satphone charged up, opened up that directory he stole, started making calls to those 182 personnel that were in the field and figure out some serious transportation. Pantex has B-83's which are of the "Dial-a-yield" variety of warhead... there are just too many zombies and too few humans to risk a "conventional" approach. That jail needs to be turned into a crater.

[/soapbox]

At this point in the story, were I Michael's second, I'd be in danger of being relieved. I also recognize that my approach is nearing that of the Generals you see in the beginning of many outbreak stories that start to bomb cities in futile attempts to contain the outbreak.

Well, if the next episode is indeed going to be primarily a Puck-narrated flashback of what went down at the prison, then at least we'll get one more round of Robbins-Muldoon banter... at least until they are dismember by Sasquatch. That itself is worthy of a FAT GUY SALUTE!

Oh God, is that the Wonga dude?

And another thing... Burt's mailing list. It seems obvious now, having heard it. I'm stunned that this hadn't been thought of before. OF COURSE. A gun shop owner would have files on all his customers... bills of sale, background check forms, photocopies of drivers licenses. Top that off with a mailing list and that's a veritable shopping list of who owns what guns in the area and probably ammo for them too.
    Likes Footbutt, scbubba, Litmaster liked this post
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: ZombieMorbid
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Not to secure the complex, nor to rescue anyone inside.
    Unless(going against my last prediction) Ink takes advantage of a defenseless Dunbar and kidnaps Kelly and Lizzy!

I feel like them mentioning that they were alone is going to mean something not so good before Saul gets back....
    "You may find me dead in a ditch one day...But by God you'll find me in a pile of brass!"

The hardest part about the Zombie Apocalypse will be pretending that i'm [I][B]NOT [/B][/I]excited!

We're Alive Cast member

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by billions View Post
    Halfway into the final season, still more questions than answers.

- who is cohen
    - where is skittles
    - what will hope's role be
    - are there no other humans left on the planet? No signals on ham radio at all?
    - will our friends survive or is mikey the lone narrator
    - saul/tanya zombs
    - the baby and lizz
    - scratch's fate
    - datu and his windmill
    - randy's alignment
    - ink's role vs. "natural" evolution of zombies (breathing under water, the Crazy types kalani saw in Hawaii)
    - the significance of water (notice how neither michael nor vic drank any from the well)
    - the cracks in the ground (geological aspect might be connected with ground water)
    - angel tenudo's ties to the family
    - michaels bomb robot
    - the absence of other pregnancies

I hope all of the answers do not get shoehorned into the final chapter and we end up with a BS ending like that one show Saul and Vic really liked... "found", was it?
    No, no, I don't believe Vic liked "found", but memory could serve me wrong. There IS one more question though. Will Victor resurrect his dead wife and unleash her hellish fury on Ink and minions?
    ALL HAIL GENERAL VICTORIOUS!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: ZombieMorbid
    Quote Originally Posted by Z Sniper View Post
    Will Victor resurrect his dead wife and unleash her hellish fury on Ink and minions?
    Nah... Just load up the matagun and hand it to him. With Vic's awesomeness, and Datu's ingenuity, he can bring down the Mallers and Ink & Co!
    Likes Z Sniper liked this post
    "You may find me dead in a ditch one day...But by God you'll find me in a pile of brass!"

The hardest part about the Zombie Apocalypse will be pretending that i'm [I][B]NOT [/B][/I]excited!

We're Alive Cast member

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by REZombie View Post
    Nah... Just load up the matagun and hand it to him. With Vic's awesomeness, and Datu's ingenuity, he can bring down the Mallers and Ink & Co!
    I don't think Kc will make it come off that easy!
    Likes Cabbage Patch liked this post
    ALL HAIL GENERAL VICTORIOUS!

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Oh.
    The zomboids aren't attracted to the smell of Saul's sweat. Supposing that Skittles might have been a super slow turner and that's why they ignored him, that might mean Tanya, Saul and Datu are sort of invisible to the zoids as well.

Please tell me that Datu and/or anyone else isn't/aren't going to sacrifice themselves by walking into the prison and leaving a trail for someone to find Ink by.
    Last edited by Eviebae; Jan 27th, 2014 at 11:18 PM.

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast