User Tag List

Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    I've got feeling that there are too many (or we are at the limit of) living characters for this story to keep up with. That doesn't bode well for the colony or "Dead too", er I mean Datu.

A separate miniseries about what Burt and Riley are up to would be cool though...

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

There's still 8 full chapters left, that should be plenty of time to wrap things up.
    Likes Gooer liked this post
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

[QUOTE=Cabbage Patch;69696][QUOTE=Footbutt;69601]...i don't think the Zeds smelling the way they do (like poo) is anything to speculate...
    In Chapter 5, part 1 Saul sums it up..."Shit, they smell like shit".
    I don't know if this was ever settled, though it's telling that they don't mention him smelling like a normal biter.
    I keep thinking back to when Saul, Lizzie and Burt were investigating the site where the convoy from Dunbar had been ambushed, also in Chapter 5, part 1. Lizzie proved that a zombie drove the car that blocked the convoy's route by opening the door and pointing out that the inside smelled like zombie. I just assumed that it was Ink/TOWTHM that drove that car, so I've always thought that he smelled like shit too.
    Same thought here. I've been racking my brains trying to determine if they smelled it any other time in his presence.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    The idea of Pegs being in a position of command doesn't sit right.....She's more a follower than a leader, but then again, we haven't given her a shot, so maybe she actually is a good leader...? Also, CJ seems to prefer running everything herself, considering (I think) we haven't heard her ask anyone for help. Pegs offered it to her, but she had to persist, since CJ thinks she isn't apparently clever enough...
    I'm not saying in charge or a leader, I'm saying Pegs is her front, her public relations rep, make her feel good and then send her out to play cheerleader and such. CJ will always want to be the one making the decisions and calling the shots as far as I can see. But if things start getting really bad in the Colony (which it appears they might soon) then CJ may loose her 'majority vote' position and people may look to replace her, or bail ont he Colony all together and look for something better elsewhere.

If CJ still had full use of both legs she might actually be OK with that, but in her current physical state, she now NEEDS to have others around to help protect her. She likely can't go it solo like she was able to do at Dunbar. She needs to figure out a way to at least keep the colony members around her and at least semi satisfied with her. So in comes queen of the glass half full Pegs. Who better to make people feel good and hopeful about the future?
    Likes Tar Heel Fan, tonyhind86, Gooer liked this post
    [FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Meat and Girth [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:squint:

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

[QUOTE=Witch_Doctor;69730][QUOTE=Cabbage Patch;69696]
    Quote Originally Posted by Footbutt View Post
    ...i don't think the Zeds smelling the way they do (like poo) is anything to speculate...

Same thought here. I've been racking my brains trying to determine if they smelled it any other time in his presence.
    There are stretches of the show where the smell isn't called out at all. In some of the encounters, though, it's a life and death affair so the smell (that everyone may have kind accepted as common now) may not be worth commenting on.

I need to go back an check but when Puck mentions following a smell trail, I wonder if it is Randy that smells or other normal biters in the vicinity that smell?
    Likes Unit liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

i don't think the Zeds smelling the way they do (like poo) is anything to speculate. they simply don't have the clarity to pull down their pants when their tummybox starts rumbling. Consider TOWTM didn't 'smell', as far as we know. they even assumed he was a normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    ...i don't think the Zeds smelling the way they do (like poo) is anything to speculate...
    In Chapter 5, part 1 Saul sums it up..."Shit, they smell like shit".

I don't know if this was ever settled, though it's telling that they don't mention him smelling like a normal biter.

I keep thinking back to when Saul, Lizzie and Burt were investigating the site where the convoy from Dunbar had been ambushed, also in Chapter 5, part 1. Lizzie proved that a zombie drove the car that blocked the convoy's route by opening the door and pointing out that the inside smelled like zombie. I just assumed that it was Ink/TOWTHM that drove that car, so I've always thought that he smelled like shit too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post

Found it. Chapter 11 R&R, Part 1 at around 6:00. As they are entering the 2nd floor(?) Saul says, "You smell that?" Burt asks,"Not really, What is it, one of them?", Saul replies, "Maybe." They then come across Ink in the pinstripe suit.
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; Dec 20th, 2013 at 11:45 AM.
    Likes scbubba, Tar Heel Fan liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalJHP View Post
    Hey, there is something i have not thought about.....

What if Tanya tries giving Datu a blood transfusion from a healthy person? Could that drop his K18 levels enough to slow the infection, or even stop the infection all together?

Maybe push through a little meds as well, and it could possibly be a cure for slow turners.
    From what Tanya gathers while doing research on the girl brought back is that the K18 levels are a byproduct of whatever causes the change, and once the change is complete the K18 returns to normal. But whatever actually causes the change she has not been able to find. Also whatever causes the change also leads to a complete restructure of some organs; if I remember right she mentions enlarged lungs and heart and additional arteries and aorta and hardened skin, so despite if it starts in the blood, eventually it leads to a change in the actual tissue and muscle of the body, so I wouldn't be able to see how a blood transfusion would stop it.
    Likes Tar Heel Fan, Witch_Doctor, Storm liked this post
    [FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Meat and Girth [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:squint:

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Density and gravity are constant for the well, so we are left with depth. The water table of this well is affectively a constant for the moment. That leaves nothing. So any pump will do? Wouldnt the pump have to be strong enough to hold the weight of the prime? That weight is a function of height x width of the water column. If the pump cannot hold the prime it collapses and we have to start all over again.

Like I said, I am not an engineer, but I see two problems, one the weight of the water column, that I guess really isn't a problem, and the displacement problem of how much water is moved with each cycle.
    First, i went back an re-listened to him describe their setup, and for some reason i incorrectly remembered it being a submersible pump. the fact that it is not does complicate the scenario a bit. the height for the equation is the total vertical displacement from the level the water would be at if it were just an open hole in the ground, to the final holding tank. this is why when selecting well pumps you choose them primarily based on well depth. the pump they select will have an operating envelope of pressure differential required by the pump to move the fluid vs the flow rate it will put out for that pressure. so the displacement problem here could be an issue, as the closer you get to the maximum operating pressure of the pump, the less water it will move. It sounds like this is where their two pump setup was coming from. one pump to get the water from the water table to above ground, and the other to get it from ground level to their storage tank, wherever that is. this effectively splits the amount of hydrostatic head each pump will see.

as for holding the prime, if the pump wont hold the prime while running, it is probably too deep a well for the pump in use. it could also be that there is not check valve installed or the one they have is leaking. if its not holding prime for short shutdowns then they need a check valve (or a better one) at the pump because it is the valve that should hold the prime not the pump, during shutdowns. no check valve also makes it nearly impossible to prime up the pump initially to start it.

now the large pipe does present a unique opportunity in that if they could find the correct type of pump they could lower system into the well that is essentially two pipes in a loop with and opening at the bottom and a venturi nozzle. this is basically what is going on inside the pump but it moves the pressure generation point from inside the pump to down the well allowing you to lift water from deeper depths and also mostly eliminates priming issues. this is the setup that deep wells often use but takes a bit more know how to set up.

sorry if any of this gets wordy and confusing, and if i made any mistakes anyone please correct me. the wells i work on are much deeper and the equipment much bigger and slightly different than what is run in water wells. but the concepts are pretty much the same.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Storm, scbubba liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Almost a week late to this thread but I finally caught up.

Most everything has been covered but just a couple ideas I'll throw my name in with...

- I think CJ's care and emotional response about the colony was fake. I think she is a manipulator and she was using random facts she had documented in her files to elicit a response and get people on her side. That being said, I also don't think what happened to Glen, Jay and Datu is at all her fault.

- Pegs will become CJ's new head of PR for the Colony to keep people from ousting CJ or running off and leaving her holding the crutches alone.

- Even King Datu the Resourceful will not be able to get the water pump working. We are already moving towards running out of supplies in the Colony and we need something to force the story forward. If we have plenty of food growing and now milk and a way to get meat through animal reproduction, we are getting might comfortable... we need something to drive this story towards the end in the last 8 chapters.

- I don't think Randy had anything to do with the attack, but I do think that the attack on the pump was orchestrated. I am leaning towards a combination of depriving the colony of water and possibly of supplying water to the biters.

- I am not 100% sold on it yet, but I think there could be something to the blood type theory as to who gets turned and who gets eaten and who are the slow turners etc. Maybe some people are tastier than others and it has to do with their blood type. Maybe some people are more susceptible to turning based on blood type. Not sure yet.

- I agree Puck is getting fed up with Michael. The newlywed stage is fading. Michael is starting to pile up with mistakes in their eyes. I can see some changes in management comeing across the board (with CJ in the colony and with Michael and the soldiers). Perhaps that is part of the Ch title too? The storm coming for the different divisions within our group of survivors? Perhaps we get a glimpse of Scratch in this ch too and we see that her leadership is failing too and the remaining band of mallers are looking to replace her?

That is all for now

And I am sorry for delays in the reptrivia quizzes too, I'll get some set up tonight or tomorrow so check back and test your skills!!!
    Likes scbubba, Witch_Doctor, Elisa, Gooer liked this post

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit View Post
    Almost a week late to this thread but I finally caught up.

Most everything has been covered but just a couple ideas I'll throw my name in with...

- I think CJ's care and emotional response about the colony was fake. I think she is a manipulator and she was using random facts she had documented in her files to elicit a response and get people on her side. That being said, I also don't think what happened to Glen, Jay and Datu is at all her fault.

- Pegs will become CJ's new head of PR for the Colony to keep people from ousting CJ or running off and leaving her holding the crutches alone.

- Even King Datu the Resourceful will not be able to get the water pump working. We are already moving towards running out of supplies in the Colony and we need something to force the story forward. If we have plenty of food growing and now milk and a way to get meat through animal reproduction, we are getting might comfortable... we need something to drive this story towards the end in the last 8 chapters.

- I don't think Randy had anything to do with the attack, but I do think that the attack on the pump was orchestrated. I am leaning towards a combination of depriving the colony of water and possibly of supplying water to the biters.

- I am not 100% sold on it yet, but I think there could be something to the blood type theory as to who gets turned and who gets eaten and who are the slow turners etc. Maybe some people are tastier than others and it has to do with their blood type. Maybe some people are more susceptible to turning based on blood type. Not sure yet.

- I agree Puck is getting fed up with Michael. The newlywed stage is fading. Michael is starting to pile up with mistakes in their eyes. I can see some changes in management comeing across the board (with CJ in the colony and with Michael and the soldiers). Perhaps that is part of the Ch title too? The storm coming for the different divisions within our group of survivors? Perhaps we get a glimpse of Scratch in this ch too and we see that her leadership is failing too and the remaining band of mallers are looking to replace her?

That is all for now

And I am sorry for delays in the reptrivia quizzes too, I'll get some set up tonight or tomorrow so check back and test your skills!!!
    I agree with you mostly, but i think another change in management isn't right, considering its happened so many times....don't think either CJ or Michael will quickly relinquish their roles of power. Also, i think the slow turning/(hopefully)immunity has to do with blood type, not who gets eaten/infected. Not sure how a zombie would gather information on a persons blood type, since i don't think people with different blood types give off different smells (although i could be wrong). Would be nice to see something from Burt/Riley vs the Mallers, although I MUST FIND OUT ABOUT MICHAEL'S ARM FIRST. But, with Puck getting fed up with Michael, and the water problems, i agree with, although i'm not too sure why they would need water....we don't know if they need it themselves, or they have just gathered that humans need it and need to find ways of bringing it to them.

Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast