User Tag List

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggers View Post
    I forgot to mention this in my first post...CJ freaking straight up lied, like witch doctor said, just to stay in power. I was so happy when Michael started to call her out, thinking this was where he would expose her for being a terrible choice for leader. Then she gave her weak sauce awol bull. I just wanted to smack Michael. He's so bone-headed sometimes! He needs an Angel (lol GREAT name choice btw Kc, especially with how things have ended up) at his side to keep him focused on the big picture. I'm not an Angel fan-boy, but he definitely had his moments. He would have been like "woah woah woah hold up...the awol thing isn't relevant here, this ain't the military, and you just lied to cover your ass." Then he would make a wise-crack about her being Supreme Queen CJ. I'm kinda surprised Pegs let it slide as well.
    Not surprising that CJ keeps doing what CJ has been doing all along. She lies or tells half truths or withholds information as it suits her needs/wants. In this case, she feels like the story of 2 people bugging out will undermine her authority/leadership and perhaps even induce more fear/panic in the population. She's not completely wrong in her thinking about how it could impact the Colony folks. But there are ways to communicate with people to let them know the truth and deal with it. But that's not CJ's style and may not even be within her abilities....

As for Michael, he has been steadily falling more and more under CJ's "organizational skills spell." Now he's not just complicit with the lies, he's actually been pinned with the blame. CJ has basically set it up so that if the Burt/Riley leaving turns bad, it's all Mikey's fault...

I like your characterization of Angel here. I thought back to Season 1 and Season 2 with Michael flanked by Burt on one side and Angel on the other like the old cartoon image of a devil on one shoulder and a angel on the other. With Burt and Angel not being around Michael is drifting.
    Likes Shaggers, EpiEpee, Cabbage Patch liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    i

Sooo... Patriarch? Does that imply that Saul is Family and knew Angel was too? He seemed to have a new found respect for him when he learned of his death... Is that why he was choked up about it?

I know, I know...

Yup. I know I am crazy, though.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Beloved10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Lmaosunscrotch PSN ID: Flamed (I think) Wii Code: Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post

"I've got an idea on a place we can find more ammo." Burt was a Marine and was an LA resident pre-outbreak. It is a distinct possibility that he was discharged through Camp Pendleton. Is that his idea? Or, as I suggested previously, does he have a cashe of supplies hidden away somewhere?
    He may also be going to find where his buyer lived. Chances are since yhey were buying an RPG from him they had bought many other peices from him too. If that is the case B/R my find a couple of survivors.
    Likes Condor, scbubba liked this post

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

I have been unable to visit the forums for a long time but I am still listening to the show. This was a great chapter in my opinion because it added depth and while some questions were answered more questions were created. Randy and Michaels broken arm were dangled like a chocolate bar at a fat camp. I am beginning to think this is a red herring to divert attention from some other small but more important event in the whole pumping station adventure.
    A couple of things came up about Kelly that gave me pause. First she asks Tonya "You were locked up?" How the heck does she not know Tonya was quarantined for having a bite back at Ft. Irwin. I haven't listened but I thought Michael told the whole crew after Tonya was found out. Second Kelly says something along the lines of "you think the monsters are that smart?" She should have enough emperical evidence to convince her that they aren't just shuffle and moan monsters.
    We're Not Dead proposed a theory that Glenn and Pete are thought to be working for Scratch. This is a solid theory in my opinion. That would mean that Scratch has a police radio and has heard that Burt and Riley are out on their own. Scratch probably has no idea about Riley and Angel but she should be very aware of why Burt would be out of the Colony on a mission. I think Michael is slipping a bit by assuming radio transmissions are secure.
    I am wondering if CJ knows that Tonya was bitten and what would her reaction be if/when she finds out. Do the remaining members of the original colony know Tonya was bitten. This hasn't been brought up for a while and I think it will cause a big reaction because it can only go 2 ways I think. The first way is that people will think there is a cure or the second and more likely is they will severly distrust Tonya.
    Lastly about the impending nuptials of Sual and Lizzy how the hell can Saul say Burt is the "Best Man". I would think that since Burt almost killed Saul that Burt would be a bit further down on the list. Also pretty cold of Saul to just dismiss Victor like that.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    If Glenn and Pete were working for Scratch. Saul, CJ and Vic would not have made it to the colony. Of course all I have here to utter is My Opinion..
    Also I think Saul may have been poking fun at Vic over Burt being the best man. But didn't Burt stay out there a longtime looking for Lizzy and Victor was trying to get Saul to forget about Lizzy..

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by trubkir View Post
    I have been unable to visit the forums for a long time but I am still listening to the show. This was a great chapter in my opinion because it added depth and while some questions were answered more questions were created. Randy and Michaels broken arm were dangled like a chocolate bar at a fat camp. I am beginning to think this is a red herring to divert attention from some other small but more important event in the whole pumping station adventure.
    Welcome back to the forum! "like a chocolate bar at fat camp" Now that's funny right there...

A couple of things came up about Kelly that gave me pause. First she asks Tonya "You were locked up?" How the heck does she not know Tonya was quarantined for having a bite back at Ft. Irwin. I haven't listened but I thought Michael told the whole crew after Tonya was found out. Second Kelly says something along the lines of "you think the monsters are that smart?" She should have enough emperical evidence to convince her that they aren't just shuffle and moan monsters.
    I think Kelly, Pegs, and the rest that went to Boulder knew about the bite but may not have known that Tanya was locked up for so long at Ft Irwin. Seems plausible that she didn't know.

We're Not Dead proposed a theory that Glenn and Pete are thought to be working for Scratch. This is a solid theory in my opinion. That would mean that Scratch has a police radio and has heard that Burt and Riley are out on their own. Scratch probably has no idea about Riley and Angel but she should be very aware of why Burt would be out of the Colony on a mission. I think Michael is slipping a bit by assuming radio transmissions are secure.
    I'm still not sure about Glenn but my spidey sense isn't tingling much on this theory. I think he's more of a sycophant than a spy. If Scratch took off with one of the police radios and Glenn IS NOT working for her, then most likely the codes would have been changed long before this episode (recall Glenn saying "want me to change the codes" once they knew Burt had one?). So Scratch wouldn't be able to listen in that way. Glenn would have to be in league with Scratch for her to have the codes at this point....

I am wondering if CJ knows that Tonya was bitten and what would her reaction be if/when she finds out. Do the remaining members of the original colony know Tonya was bitten. This hasn't been brought up for a while and I think it will cause a big reaction because it can only go 2 ways I think. The first way is that people will think there is a cure or the second and more likely is they will severly distrust Tonya.
    I think CJ doesn't really trust anybody at this point. She got issues with trust, you know.... I think CJ would look at the Tanya bite thing and quickly decide that nobody else needs to know and that she needs Tanya too much right now to kill her/exile her. The minute that CJ no longer needs Tanya for medical for the Colony, Tanya is out on her butt. I think the rest of the Colony would probably freak out if they found out about Tanya's bite. It would be a divisive issue with some saying "it's been so long and she hasn't turned and she's our only doctor" with the other side screaming "she's lying to us and she will be the death of us all - Burn her!!!!" (sorry - got a little Monty Python spill over there...)

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1274 View Post
    If Glenn and Pete were working for Scratch. Saul, CJ and Vic would not have made it to the colony. Of course all I have here to utter is My Opinion..
    Also I think Saul may have been poking fun at Vic over Burt being the best man. But didn't Burt stay out there a longtime looking for Lizzy and Victor was trying to get Saul to forget about Lizzy..
    Yea... ^^this^^^

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

So was Burt trying to help Saul or aasuage his guilty feeling for being the guy who kicked her out in the first place.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    KC is like a sour patch candy on those commercials!! I hate him.... And love him at the same time!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
    Likes Kc liked this post

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    So was Burt trying to help Saul or aasuage his guilty feeling for being the guy who kicked her out in the first place.
    Burt did not Kick her out.. Lizzy made him do it to help him.. He would not have done it but he went along with her. I forget the chapter and title..

I believe she was caught a sleep at her post. Burt was not gonna make a big deal out if it and brush it under the rug so to speak. But someone else made a fuss about it. Instead of having a Mutiny on their hands she opted to leave and said Burt Kicked her out.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast