User Tag List

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HardKor View Post
    It was disc 2 that was missing. That's: Homecoming, Band Candy, Revelations, and Lover's Walk. Not much to analyze there...well Lover's Walk fits, but I'm gonna call it coincidence.
    Just re-listened. You're right. Could be Homecoming, could be Revelations as well. Lover's Walk would be too obvious. Hmm. Wait. Band Candy! That's the one!
    Likes HardKor liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Very good episode. Gonna have to listen again and do some commentary/theorizing.

I will go ahead and take a big ole bite of crow for the "CJ dies on the table" prediction. Missed that one by a country mile.
    Likes Hoff4D, Z Sniper liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

I have returned from the dead! So excited about no work today. Line of the show though is: "don't push me I am pregnant!" "Can't use that for everything" In general Saul made me laugh my ass off when he was shooing Lizzie and Riley away, very good wingman bro. Pegs broke my heart, but I understand her reasoning...also Puck was amazing this episode. I have never seen Buffy, but Victor I have siblings who lose discs of seasons...I know the pain. I bet the Mallers scratched their DVD's too...check the player in case they left it there.

At first I was worried Carl had found a bomb, then a radio and we were hearing Scratch live. However the tape might be much more dangerous. I don't think Michael had an hope at this point that Angel was alive, but I wonder if Riley did. She would hold out hope that Angel and Skittles were chilling in a Costco or something, hidden but alive. How will they all react?

Lastly I may be reading too much into relationship drama, but I doubt Lizzie knows how deep the connection between CJ and Saul is. Saul talking her down in a very well acted scene shows just how close the pair are. I am not doubting Saul, he is true to Lizzie till the end, I am wondering if Lizzie will get jealous when she sees how tight the are and if CJ will use her new position of weakness to get more attention from Saul. I sense wacky hi-jinx and even more relationship drama to come.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Oh, I have a feeling we're about to read too much into that line.

Amends dealt with the murder of Jenny Calendar (Giles's girlfriend), Cordie is all "Fuck you, assholes," to everyone (cough cough Pegs cough). The Wish takes us to the doppelgangers. Hmm. Gingerbread is the episode that doesn't fit, so it clearly contains the clue.

I guess I know what I'm doing today. Buffy mini-marathon.

Dude! Over reading is what we do here. I present to you, Band Candy: "...Meanwhile, four vampires enter an unguarded hospital to remove four newborn babies. The teenage researchers arrive at the hospital a little later where Willow phones them from the library and relays to them the discovery that Lurconis eats babies, and Giles remembers that the demon may be found in the sewers.

Down in the sewers, the Mayor, Mr. Trick, and the four vampires are chanting in a ceremony to summon Lurconis. Buffy, Giles and Joyce crash the party underground, and the Mayor quickly flees unnoticed. Buffy defeats the vampires while Giles and Joyce retrieve the babies to safety. Trick escapes and the huge demon appears. Buffy pulls down a gas pipe, igniting a fire that kills Lurconis..."

ArthurLaMarche, Speculate! See that? Mystery Solved.
    Likes Grognaurd, EpiEpee liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Just where was CJ's leg cut? Sounds like she was hobbling away from the operating table. Also, I half expected to hear a, "I Love you." from either her or Saul before the operation. I'm just glad that all of screaming has stopped. One more episode of "Arrrgghhhhh!!!! Oh my God!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!" and I would have cut off my own leg.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Just where was CJ's leg cut? Sounds like she was hobbling away from the operating table. Also, I half expected to hear a, "I Love you." from either her or Saul before the operation. I'm just glad that all of screaming has stopped. One more episode of "Arrrgghhhhh!!!! Oh my God!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!" and I would have cut off my own leg.
    I'm not sure if I'm missing it, but I don't hear anything that sounds like hobbling away. I think her leg would have to have been cut fairly close to her hip, as I believe it was the femoral artery that Scratch cut.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hello.

1)
    I feel very sorry for Pegs. First her (poor?) choice with Michael; then all the trash that happened in Boulder especially with the loss of her new mate; and then she gets into emotional trouble trouble regarding Michael. I am pretty certain that she actually wants Michael back; but all those different experiences with him, the zombocalypse, their funny way of talking ... I think she really needs some real caring, a broad shoulder to rest upon. I feel bad for her. Other then Michael she has no big opportunity to evade her emotions, because currently she is not in charge of anything or has a specific task to keep her on track; Michael on the contrary has plenty of stuff to think about and take care of - even without a current position to fill in. He just "survives".
    And what Pegs needs is someone helping her to learn this way of survivng in order to either get rid of emotional stress or to get close with someone again. Michael still might be a good choice.

Up until now I just liked her character because she was very different from all the other characters and she was like an "image error" or something; but now ... I feel bad for her. And I sincerely hope that her characters gets through this without much more pain and stress.

And Michael? Well. Maybe he really needs a serious blow to his chin in order to wake up.

2)
    Victor puzzled me in this episode. On the one side he gets a lot more involved with the story of other people, which becomes especially obvious regarding Michael and his future role in the Colony. On the other he seems kind of confused to me. Why is that so? Or am I the only one here having this impression? Is he estimating the situation and creating his own plans?

3)
    Balance of Power: This episode shows a couple of interesting conflict lines appearing on the horizon of events - Puck and Victor might get in trouble considering their sympathies regarding Michael or the colony; Saul will be caught between some interesting emotional things regarding CJ and Lizzy, or Michael and Victor.

4)
    Riley and Angel ... Michael and Angel ... Riley and Scratch ... Michael and Scratch. One of my first thoughts here was that Riley might turn into a chaotic Saul like what we saw in the later parts of season #2 - a cannon ball gone loose ... Riley is going to meen trouble for the Colony. And Michael? In season #1 we learned that Michael never would have thought to consider Angel a friend and that - before all this zombo-shit-thing - he would turn around, if Angel happened to show up in the same bar in order to avoid a chatter with him. And now this ...

Episodes #1 and #2 of chapter #37 are packed with a lot of TNT and dynamite, of which I haven't mentioned everything yet. And I am very happy that #2 here cared more for the people and not so much for them zombos ... I am really, really interested in what will happen in #3 ...

Best wishes!
    Liam

tl;dr - I am kind of tired ...
    Likes scbubba, Alizée, HardKor liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    2 more thoughts about this episode:

1-Am I correct in understanding that Riley, Pegs, Lizzy, and Kelly are all sharing a house? It wouldn't have surprised me if Riley, Pegs, and Kelly were all roommates, but why aren't Saul and Lizzy sharing their own place? Or are all 5 of them in one house?

2- Why exactly has Victor been trying so hard to not have Angel's death come up? I get that he didn't want to ruin the reunion, but he still doesn't want to let Michael know now? Why does he feel so responsible? Is there something in Victor's past that is making him feel responsible now?

And finally, lame joke on balance of power: chloroform makes CJ dizzy-just one more way she's a bit off-balance now.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EpiEpee View Post
    2 more thoughts about this episode:

1-Am I correct in understanding that Riley, Pegs, Lizzy, and Kelly are all sharing a house? It wouldn't have surprised me if Riley, Pegs, and Kelly were all roommates, but why aren't Saul and Lizzy sharing their own place? Or are all 5 of them in one house?

2- Why exactly has Victor been trying so hard to not have Angel's death come up? I get that he didn't want to ruin the reunion, but he still doesn't want to let Michael know now? Why does he feel so responsible? Is there something in Victor's past that is making him feel responsible now?

And finally, lame joke on balance of power: chloroform makes CJ dizzy-just one more way she's a bit off-balance now.
    They did say that the Mallers stacked people into the houses so they'd have room. There may be no other options than to share.

Cue the over reactions to Pegs. It's a valid point she makes, and she was cold to Michael but surprise surprise: Michale still doesn't really get it. Puck is a nice addition to Michael's life because he barely knows pegs vs. other main characters.

Victor is in a tough spot. Having the Sean knowledge is hard enough, having Angel is another. He probably thinks its best to not bring it up and let everyone think Angel died in the tower collapse. He's right, there needed to be a better time to bring it up and that time was probably never.

Watch out now....Victor and Pegs characters are taking the turn into gaining depth. That means these loveable characters are going to gain a nastier edge we may not like as listeners. Especially Victor.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    My first thought was Bricks too, but you're right about the tape. Unless they had taken a number of houses worth of stuff to search at once.
    That's a good point, and it made me remember about the Mallers penchant for collecting I.D.'s. I wonder what other past Evil Schemes our guys will dig up that have been cluttering Durai's closet...

Quote Originally Posted by Pikepaw View Post
    At first I was worried Carl had found a bomb, then a radio and we were hearing Scratch live. However the tape might be much more dangerous. I don't think Michael had an hope at this point that Angel was alive, but I wonder if Riley did. She would hold out hope that Angel and Skittles were chilling in a Costco or something, hidden but alive. How will they all react?.
    Pikepaw's back! About the Angel tape, all I gotta say is they should hide all the booze in the Colony before telling Riley...

I'm not sure if I'm missing it, but I don't hear anything that sounds like hobbling away. I think her leg would have to have been cut fairly close to her hip, as I believe it was the femoral artery that Scratch cut.
    I think it's near her hip as well, somewhere along C.J.'s thigh... her young, plump, succulent thigh, glistening with sweat--

--uh, what? Er, sorry. Imagination took over a bit there. About C.J.'s leg, all I gotta say is PLEASE KC GIVE HER A LONG STILETTO PEG LEG WITH A PINK ROLLER SKATE ON THE BOTTOM!
    Likes Z Sniper, Witch_Doctor liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast