User Tag List

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    The spread of the infection worldwide was fast, but not quite simultaneous. The colonel tells Michael that a day and a half after the outbreak in Los Angeles, the eastern seaboard was hit.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PhysicsLB View Post
    TOWTM ... seems quite durable (i think he's wearing a flak jacket correct?).
    That was never mentioned or described. It could be that he wears a flak jacket; but it is as likely that he does not suffer from hits to his chest - just the same as with regulars (harmed, no effect) or with Little Ones (hits don't go deep enough to do real damage).

Quote Originally Posted by Malador View Post
    The spread of the infection worldwide was fast, but not quite simultaneous. The colonel tells Michael that a day and a half after the outbreak in Los Angeles, the eastern seaboard was hit.
    Right. This is in line with what Lizzy found out in episode #2-3 about the TiVo-broadcasting ... The excrements hitting the ventilators had a starting point or starting area; I remember the mentioning of the "Ring of Fire" around the Pacific in one of the many WA-theories. But there is no solid evidence or fact on the show supporting this theory - at best some hidden clues pointing towards it.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    TOWTM ... seems quite durable (i think he's wearing a flak jacket correct?).
    That was never mentioned or described. It could be that he wears a flak jacket; but it is as likely that he does not suffer from hits to his chest - just the same as with regulars (harmed, no effect) or with Little Ones (hits don't go deep enough to do real damage).
    Best wishes!

Liam
    Actually Saul tells CJ that he believes that Pinstripes must have been wearing body armor. If Pinstripes is indeed Bill Roberts AND he was wearing a suit then he could have been in transport from the Court House to the Mental Hospital; therefore wearing body armor would reasonable for a high profile murderer.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    When Burt shoots him. There is a distinct metal thud. I back flack jacket.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

This has been a bit bothersome for a while. The TiVo news reporter says that there are reports of 'riots' outside of L.A., Sand Diego, Detroit, Chicago, Houston, New York and internationally. Presumably, the riots started somewhat simultaneously or within a short time period. If this is the case, then this could be what Kimmet means by 'it multiplying and spreading across the country in a day and a half'. Not linearly from West to East but radially from several locations.

But, the simplest way to interpret what Kimmet says is that it started from West Coast hot spots and spread eastward. This interpretation would require the LEAST amount of assumptions.

Who is right, Mr. TiVo reporter or Col. Kimmet? The interpretation requiring the most assumptions could make them both right, but how likely is that part of the story? Also, could Kimmet have only been talking about his knowledge of hot spots on the West Coast and Asia?
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

I'm gonna say that if a Zombie came into this discussion board and bit everyone then there would be more than enough smart ones to give Ink and Randy a run for their money.
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    I'm listening to chapter 33 again, and during the autopsy of #2, Tanya mentions that there are no deep roots on it's teeth, and underdevelopment of it's breasts in comparison to the size of the body. I think this lends a little more weight to my theory about them being children that were turned.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

I'm listening to chapter 33 again, and during the autopsy of #2, Tanya mentions that there are no deep roots on it's teeth, and underdevelopment of it's breasts in comparison to the size of the body. I think this lends a little more weight to my theory about them being children that were turned.
    Don't forget that they were once Little and moved funny when Skittles first saw them.
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsWell LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points
    ok since i last posted, the topic has moved way back towards ground zero and radon labs which is exactly what i was hoping for, this infomation all listed here in the last page or so is extremely relivent, given this infomation i'm going to do some research and print off a copy of the WA map of LA and start mapping things out and dealing with infomation relivent to the source of the outbreak. i think i might be onto something in my mind but i'll need to go through it carefully first and compile the infomation accordingly, so keep talking amungst your selves, to save me listening to the whole series over and over and over i may jump on here and ask people if they remember something like this happening, i think the infomation in the first few chapters is key to unlocking this. given infomation in the series and conversations and stuff.

personally i don't think saul did get infected when he got shot i think it was blood posioning but thats all part of everything, i'm going to sit down and thrash this out over the weekend maybe, depends if i got time or not i should be able too though.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsWell LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points
    First, i'll apologize for explaining immunity. The way you had worded previous posts seemed to imply that you didnt fully understand it. that was a mistaken assumption on my part.

As for immunity not having a bearing: It actually does, insofar as the presence of an immunity would help us determine what type of vector it is. From there we can determine communicability, possible treatments, and even begin brainstorming on how illness prgresses and why it affects people differently (other variant zeds). My point with illustrating all these things regarding immunity is that depending on what scenario is true, we can identify the culprit. So saul and tanya's possible immunity is very germaine to this discussion. There is also a hole in your logic here: saul was unaffected by ground zero, but we can't determine if it was the drugs or a natural resistance. As we pointed out earlier, this was done on purpose to keep us from learning anything of value about the infection based on that event. If his drugs truly only affected his blood poisoning, then that event shows saul has a natural immunity.

As far as profiling the infection, i thought that was what we were doing. We've been analyzing the syptoms (zeds & the variants) and trying to determine if there is a second force at play here. If you look at the progression of the variant zeds, it seems to point towards intelligent design. Who that designer is will likely never be known until the very end.

I also have a follow-up for the blood transmission question: are there any instances where someone was turned without exposure to blood? I'm asking because i don't remember, and it's a good question. Especially since Tanya found no irregularities in the blood of the infected.
    P1: no worries mate, i've said before i'm heavily dyslexic, so sometimes what i intend to get across, doesn't always happen, no hard feelings, lets move on, no bad blood, just chicken curry sauce

P2: we were you've actualy just given me something to think about in that relation,, i don't think i could of been too far off with a previous theory, needs some work though.

P3: yes you are right but we've veered off topic about saul and immunity and stuff, i wanted to veer back onto the "who saw what and when and how it all happened" thing

P4: i don't think so, Samantha was eaten, the infected are intelligent enough to hunt and track so they also have a sense of breeding as well, this is just my personal opinion its clear that those attacked are often killed it purely seems to be blood transmitted, i think there might of been a case when the team from the fort Irwin came back and that captain turned and then there's all the infected which happened at the check points leading into the base but we don't really have much of a first hand account for that, even then blood can come out of the mouth and even gums via gum disease, so even if it was transfered by a bite, we wouldn't be able to verify i think going off what i remember thus far if there was blood around the mouth to be transmitted and stuff. but something worth looking into.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast