Status
    Achievements:
    VeteranWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Damnit and I thought I was so rad.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked

Gamertag: SmokeyGlaze420 PSN ID: none XFIRE ID: nope Steam ID: none Raptr ID: huh? Wii Code: nadda
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Download direct. Screw Zune and its suckiness. Www.zombiepodcast.com/episodes
    True that Voodoo, I already downloaded it, the problem is I do most of my listening at work on my phone and I would like to relisten to this episode over and over again to get my nerd on. Isn't there an app for my phone where I can get this quicker? (It finally showed up, like 12 hours after it's release)

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by clem131 View Post
    The last two episodes left me speechless. The fast pace, and all the open things getting closure, just masterful. After listening to this last one, though, I feel a bit like it's wearing me down.
    It was ok when they had massive problems and disadvantages to overcome, but now? Scratch Norris escaping execution and dodging bullets in a hallway, Ink Norris sneaking in the colony, figuring out how to open the gate (and him or Randy know how to drive a van), essentially behaving like a human foe would, Inklings Norris that can stop bullets with their skin, can resist extreme temperatures, can tear up a helicopter hull and now, apparently, tear out f-ing tanks with their bare hands?!
    Man, who cares if Saul and Lizzie got back together, they have no hope at all!!!
    In the first two seasons it was tough, granted, but at least it seemed humanly possible to survive!
    I can't wait for the finale, anyway. Irwin is gone, if they can tear through tanks they can just destroy walls and kill everyone.
    Where will they go, on the helicopter again, now that the tower is down, the colony will be overrun, as will Irwin? Dum-dum-duuuuum!
    374831_301279956566326_100000529720374_1247184_98064701_n.jpg

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

This entire season has been one great mind freak for me. When they found Irwin, I was really expecting to hear a rally of humanity, finally taking back the planet and kicking some zombie ass. It was a little reassuring to hear of Boulder and Irwin and I actually enjoyed all of the military speak.

Personally, I don't think Kimmet is that bad - the nuke decision was sound (hence "it takes only one"), as was the checkpoint (IT ONLY TOOK ONE!). He thinks with his head rather than his heart, which is exactly what the situation called for

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyZombified View Post
    So, quick question. How long does it usually take for the new episode to show up on my phone? I listened to it on here, but it's still not showing up on my phone (I listen at work via phone)..
    since your using Zune on your phone...im assuming its a windowsphone. Many times the Zune system will not refresh its system automatically. Basically about noon everyday I turn my phone off and back on...boom. New episode.

And Nik, hatin'....not cool. Zunes brought a surprising number of listeners here. (<--being a wanker)
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked

Gamertag: SmokeyGlaze420 PSN ID: none XFIRE ID: nope Steam ID: none Raptr ID: huh? Wii Code: nadda
    Someone has to die in the finale, and from the looks of it it's more than just one major character. So lets break it down like a silly clown.

People I'd like to see live but have the highest probability of dying.

Burt- My all time favorite character, but the only way he sticks around is if he is the person who finally kills Scratch. Other than that, our favorite old grumpy bad ass may be on the dead list. Lets hope if it happens its in a true Burt fashion.

Victor- Love Victor, for some reason he's just a damn good character and I hope that he can survive this. But, like Burt, the only way he survives is if he still has a purpose in the story which at this point he doesn't.

Saul- It erks me to put him on this list. From the beginning Saul was always one of my top characters and he finally found Lizzy but the way things are going I think either Saul or Lizzy will eventually die and to ensure the baby is healthy and cared for it's gonna have to be Saul. Not to mention if you listen to the very first episode when Michael introduces Saul, he talks about him in a past tense "He WAS a good soldier" which tells me that when Michael is reading his story to us, Saul is dead.

Puck- I like Puck, he was kind of an asshole at first but (like Kalani) he grows on you. Unfortunately Puck is on the short list of soldiers who survive. We know not all of them will make it out (If they make it out) so Puck may be one of those casualties.

Rogers- This guy is an entertaining one, and he's been funny from day one. I think there is a lot to build on with his character, not to mention he got his own POV, so I think out of all of the soldiers he has the highest probability to survive. He's a colorful character and can add a lot to the story.

Carl- Again like Puck he may just be another casualty, I like his character and he went out of his way to keep an eye out for Michaels friends.

Riley- She's been around forever and may be at the end of her long stay on We're Alive. I just get the feeling that if she's going to die it's going to be here. I hope not, but this is as dark as We're Alive has ever been. This does not bode well for Riley.

Look Irwin and the Colony are both pretty much doomed and casualties are expected. If any of them die, it better be in a blaze of glory or I will be sorely disappointed.

People who have the highest probability of living.

Michael- He's the main character and the narator of this story, he'll live, at least through this. There is still a whole other season to go through so Michael escapes.

Pegs- She lives, come on Kc we're not stupid. It's obvious that Pegs is still alive.

Lizzy- If I had to pick between Saul living or Lizzy living, it's going to be Lizzy and her baby. She still plays a major role and it would be pointless to kill her and Saul right after they finally meet again. So wether both or one of them survives Lizzy is going to make it out of this.

Datu- It's Datu, he still takes care of Hope and still is a pivitol character to the series. My gut feeling is that he lives along with Hope. Anyone close to that chopper will probably survive and Datu is Datu. He'll make it out of this one.

Hope- With Datu around no matter how annoying she is she will survive.

Scar Face bitch- She lives, her character is still one of the most important in the story. Until some one (hopefully Burt) puts a bullet in her head.

CJ- She may only have one leg, but I think she's going to make it out of this one. Still a lot of things her character can do for the story.

Other people that will probably die and other's that will probably live.

Kimmet- It's pretty much a done deal for our wacky leader.

Tanya- Shes right in the thick of the attack, in the middle of the Zombie onslaught. I don't think she'll make it out of this one. Then again, someone needs to take care of CJ so it's up in the air on whether Tanya will make it out or not.

Pete- Well, he may survive, but then again he's injured and vaunerable so he may die.

Glenn- He's just too old in my opinion. He served his purpose in the plot by fixing the radio and, as much as I like Glenn, he might just not have the strength left to get out of the colony in one piece.

Murtaugh (I'm not sure how to spell it, the black hawk pilot)- I think he lives, Pegs isn't there and someone needs to fly the Jolly Green Giant plus, like Rogers, He has a story that can be built around him. He can still be useful to the storyline.

Tardust- Scratch needs a friend and Tardust is her man. I think he lives through this along with Scratch. Either that or he dies and Scratch is left to fend for herself alone.

Kelly- Who knows, I think Pegs escaped but Kelly didn't from Boulder but Kelly is Kelly and she may have just survived. Either way I'm not a fan of her character so I could care less.

Well opinions? Thoughts on my assessment? Did I totally ruin it for you Kc lol?
    Last edited by SmokeyZombified; Nov 12th, 2012 at 06:43 PM.

"Lurker"

Status

Pin

KC - GRREEAAAT episode! Fully set up for the season finale. I'm looking forward to the live streaming event on 12/8. I'm likely not going to make any friends in this forum, but when I heard that WND was hosting the preshow it was like a punch in the gut. IMO, KC ought to drop/recreate the WND podcast. I'm a huge WA fan, and I can't get through 10 minutes of that podcast. I've come to the point where any podcast that begins with the hosts talking about their personal lives = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    WND, is not worthy of the quality of WA.
    Last edited by ImPaul; Nov 12th, 2012 at 06:45 PM.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    I think most of the major points from this episode have been covered. But there's one small detail that I noticed..when they were up in the tower looking out over the walls both Vic and Burt coughed...saul did not. Just a small thing, probly nothing..

Edit: correction; the coughing was before they went up the ladder. Ground level
    Last edited by 7oddisdead; Nov 12th, 2012 at 07:00 PM.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Have any deaths occurred "off-screen?" No.

Conclusion: Pegs and Kelly will return in season 4 on an epic quest to make it back to civilization--on their own. It's going to be... fucking... AMAZING.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Lurker"

Status
    It ain't looking too good for our heroes. The only way out that I can see is:
    1. Kimmet invites all of his close friends into an underground bunker, then detonates the nuke(also destroying the Pelican)
    2. The mysterious Skittles shows up at the Colony and kicks some zombie butt in some mysterious way (maybe he found a weakness)

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast