User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Remember that they had fires in the arena that they kept going on purpose.
    Very good point.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Good point about Michael knowing Randy's name!

However, Michael never wanted to go back to rescue anyone and seemed to regard the whole episode as traumatic. That spells knowing or suspecting Randy's fate to me. I suppose he could have been a slow turner...but I don't know what that would look like.

We know that he looks enough like he did when he met Michael that Michael was able to recognize him. Also, when Michael called his name he responded. He growled in response. Before this, language seemed to be Inks domain. None of the others have spoken or responded to speech except Ink's.

He wasn't marked before and only Ink's special projects get marked. He seemed to function as a general during the fight. He seems to have controlled the zombies until Ink got there. There's something about how he's written that makes him seem a counterpoint to Ink even if he's in Ink's army. Maybe it's because he has a human name where as Ink only has descriptions. He seems to be more "human" than Ink.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

what is the possiblity that 'turning' is three-fold?
    physically, biologically, and... personality?

since Ink is 'paranoid-schizophrenic' his mental state has more to do with his leadership, i believe.
    that fact that his Devil's Workshop is in Kane (Cain?) Mental Hospital, what are the odds that some of his best/willing/eager subjects were like him--mentally unstable?

i'm sure this has already been discussed at length, but given the assumption that Randy is a normal person-turned bad, i think the biggest difference between the two is their previous/current mental state. the 'change' seems to work in reverse. that whole "there's a fine line between genius and the insane" (or something like that) may have relevance.

i don't know. first post in the forums!
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Footbutt View Post
    what is the possiblity that 'turning' is three-fold?
    physically, biologically, and... personality?

since Ink is 'paranoid-schizophrenic' his mental state has more to do with his leadership, i believe.
    that fact that his Devil's Workshop is in Kane (Cain?) Mental Hospital, what are the odds that some of his best/willing/eager subjects were like him--mentally unstable?

i'm sure this has already been discussed at length, but given the assumption that Randy is a normal person-turned bad, i think the biggest difference between the two is their previous/current mental state. the 'change' seems to work in reverse. that whole "there's a fine line between genius and the insane" (or something like that) may have relevance.

i don't know. first post in the forums!
    Nice post!

I was thinking about what happens when someone "turns" in WA. At least for the normal Zeds, they definitely have a physical and mental change. They get stronger and they decide that people are food. The Little Ones seem to have a similar change: they have more extreme physical changes and they seem more intent on turning people than in eating them - but it's definitely a mental change.

TOWTM obviously is physically different from normal humans - two 5.56 rounds to the chest and he gets up, jumps out of a 2nd (3rd?) story window and still runs off, jumps up to and down from the Colony wall with no apparent harm. His mental state and intellectual capabilities are the more interesting, IMO, pieces though. Is he capable of more than "managing" a group of Zeds? Did he do any "engineering" on people to get the special ones? Is he learning and growing more intelligent?

Questions, questions! Hoping for answers in season 4.... :-)
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Even though it isn't a popular opinion...I'm sticking to the idea that Ink and Randy are leading separate zombie factions. In Season 1- Chapter 7- Part 3 after the tracers are placed on the Zombies, the Zombies separate into two groups and head in two separate directions on their way to their respective lairs. Angel hints at the idea that there zombies are cliques. Throughout the story Randy always seems to be either working alone or simply holding a position until Ink arives, either way his actions show a high level of intellegence. Perhaps Randy and Ink originally managed two separate factions of zombies. Though Randy may be the more intellegent Zombie, Ink is obviously the most powerful of the two, and therefore managed to force Randy and his squad into servitude. Just an Idea. But everything seem to hint at the possibility of Randy and Ink working separately before they started working together.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

I'm not necessarily against the Randy v. Pinstripes theory. I just think we don't have enough info. We've had Randy positively identified one time (the attempted Tanya abduction) and a possible ID on Randy outside the colony in Chapter 35.

We make assumptions that he is a "smart one" but what evidence do we have on that? The abduction doesn't seal the deal, I guess, because the Burt/Angel/Riley/Kalani trip to Cain Hospital mentioned all kinds of Zeds dragging people in there. Could be just following orders from the Head Zed...

If the bearded dude at the Colony was Randy (and I think it is), then there is something special/distinctive about him since he got "inked" somewhere along the way.

Either way, I think Chapter 36 showed that there was one major Zed force attacking the Colony. The fact that TBO (The Bearded One) wasn't mentioned again may have some significance - like being a lone operative and NOT part of Pinstripes attacking gang....

"Lurker"

Status

Gamertag: Ronin559 PSN ID: Ronin559
    I think Pinstripe is the main leader who was in the middle of ground zero when everything went down and Randy was just close enough (or even just trapped soon there after) to be turned. Or I think Randy was Pinstripe's first experiment to make a "smart one" but it was not taken far enough, which left Randy a sliver of his humanity. This sliver has him rebelling against Pinstripe trying to actually help people but balance his primal urges.

I think Randy saved Michael when Michael got his arm broken, and I think he was trying to take Tanya to help him knowing she somehow has an immunity to the virus and knowing she has some type of medical background.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I think Pinstripe is the main leader who was in the middle of ground zero when everything went down and Randy was just close enough (or even just trapped soon there after) to be turned. Or I think Randy was Pinstripe's first experiment to make a "smart one" but it was not taken far enough, which left Randy a sliver of his humanity. This sliver has him rebelling against Pinstripe trying to actually help people but balance his primal urges.

I think Randy saved Michael when Michael got his arm broken, and I think he was trying to take Tanya to help him knowing she somehow has an immunity to the virus and knowing she has some type of medical background.
    Wow I think you may have solved this puzzle, Ronin. Impressive.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

I could see how some/most of this could be the case.

I hold that Randy was part of CJ's crew and was un-turned until the waterworks went down. Whether he holds some of his humanity or not is a good point. We don't have a lot of info on him just 1 positive ID when he tried to snatch Tanya. We have a ton of speculation in Chapters 35 and 36 about one of the Zeds being Randy, but no positive ID by anyone in the show on that....

Which ever way it goes, we aren't done with Randy yet, I don't think. Too much mystery surrounding Michael at the waterworks (How the heck did he make it out alive?) and too much emphasis put on the the Bearded One in Chapter 35 for him to just fade away.... But, I have been known to be wrong (I might have been right once, too!)

"Lurker"

Status
    I can buy pinstripes is some sort of psychotic that set off a chemical bomb or something and turned a whole bunch of people into zombies to begin the whole thing. And also that he still is able to conduct experiments and created the dirty dozen inked ones. But, there are 2 things that still have me puzzled.

The first is the behemoths. There are a limited number of them, they have armadillo-thick skin, they are many times larger than people, and are clearly alive since they can be injured and get infections. So, what are they?

The second thing is, if pinstripes is behind the whole thing, then how did stuff go down in Hawaii? You recall Kalani and his daughter left Hawaii because the same thing happened there.

The only thing I can come up with is pinstripes was part of some cult or group that wanted to end the world, so he sent agents all over the globe to set off these chemical bombs to start the zombie infestation. I would be interested to see if the group got on the helicopter and when to some insignificant island like Aruba if things would still be normal. Although, if zombies can swim, they may have gotten to all the islands by now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast