Thank you, Pillars.

Yeah, maybe 20 ... At the end of #34-1 the Ms. Uhura tells Kimmet, Michael and Puck that a few units got back into headquarters (at Boulder I assume) ... That supports small sizes for the units ...

Ok. Now, the Irwin-Knights are going to mast the impossible ... How would they try to perform the rescue-mission? Simply giving specific orders to Boulder-HQ? Or by flying there and trying to transport as many as possible out of Boulder?
And how long will this take?
Since we are already at at least half a day of zombies rampaging in Boulder and having pressed the military services there pretty hard, how much longer would Boulder be able to keep people alive?
We have noticed several situations in which zombies simply did as they pleased - they have little trouble taking down units of military personnel, and they also have little trouble with breaking into fortified houses ... So, if they have at least the scent of the regulars or - as some of us assume or fear - they retain their knowledge from their human-life than it would be a safe assumption that Boulder is already down and only a little miracle will safe lives.

Since Kelly, Pegs, Hope and Datu played a major role so far I guess they will have their share and probably survive this - well except maybe for Kelly (I would be sorry about her going down with Boulder though). And how many more people would stand a chance to survive?
Since Kelly and Pegs are in the North of Boulder and IF the North of Boulder has not been hit by 'em Zeds so far, then maybe a good portion of Boulderites could be saved - somehow-ish ... But how do you rescue people with only few choppers, planes and especially a lack of gasoline - and all of that in the middle of stormy weather-conditions?

Well ... Call me a pessimist ... But I think Boulder and the survivors there are done ... There will be no more then maybe two- or threehunded who would stand a chance to survive - if that many at all ...

Chapter #34 / December 16th is a dark hour for the survivors - even darker then what has happened on May 8th ...