User Tag List

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    "Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    ...Anyone get the feeling that Glenn and/or Pete might be sent to spy on Cj?
    ...When Glenn asks if Michael is still in charge and if the others (Pete even names them despite not having met them) survived, he sounds as if he's probing for info.
    ...Glenn and Pete are also surprised that Saul and Victor were looking for the helicopter too. Glenn says, "You came for the helicopter too, huh? It wasn't yours?" (9:19) Then Pete says, "Yeah, we thought it was you guys, you know, Michael and Pegs and that other girl."
    ...unless the Mallers told them, they should have no knowledge of the Tower's helicopters.
    Interesting point! Why did they assume Michael was in charge? I thought Michael, Pegs and Kelly kept all the details of the Tower secret while they were at the Colony. And why did Glenn and Pete assume the helicopter was associated with our Tower? The helicopters hadn't come up yet at that point. Were the Mallers telling tales? Interrogating people from the Colony about their experience with the Tower folk? There's something going on here we don't understand yet.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Mountlake Terrace, Washington, United States
    This was an awesome episode!! I love We're Alive!

Lizzy confirmed preggers, YEY. I wonder if Glenn still has those cigars that Victor gave him. Pass 'em out. I'm betting that it's Saul's, but there's no way to know for sure until it's born. And even if it's obviously not his (100% white baby) I'm sure Saul would treat it like his own.

Glenn's revelation about what happened to the colony after Michael's escapade took me back. I never thought about the ramifications after they left. The colony was pretty much left on a silver platter for Durai. They went from a bad leader to one that sounded worse but turned out to be a ray of hope only to be blackened out by what I can only imagine was the easiest over throw in history. I think it'll be a MAJOR factor in the liberation of the colony. Saul will want Lizzy back (putting it mildly). I'm sure Victor will want redemption after Glenn's Giga-Guilt-trip. I bet Saul will try and get his group to take a crack at it right away having done recon already and now have 2 who escaped and may know the weaknesses.

However, I would love to see Saul and Victor get Glenn to use the SAT phone to contact Michael, tell him how he let the colony got over thrown by the mallers (insert guilt trip here) who will then tell the commander that there are citizens being used as slaves ("not in my new America, Dammit") who then orders Michael to lead the mission to kill Durai, free the slaves, breakout Burt who then finds Shirley and is used to form a nice new scar on scratch, and they all get picked up just in time by Pegs who hijacked a Chinook to get back to Michael, cuz lets face it, Boulder sucks.

Ok, Long shot.

I have a feeling that CJ will not be into a rescue mission at the colony at first but I've got a feeling that when she finds out Sean was there and what he did she'll come around.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Am I the only one who thought the "big guy" could be Burt?
    When Saul's talking to CJ for pickup, he tells her to use "one of the up-armored Hummers" Apparently they figured out how to jump start a few of them.

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    Crackpot prediction: within the next three times we hear from Pete, he will either turn against the Dunbar crew in some way or do something stupid to get himself killed...just a gut feeling I have, can't explain it..but there it is.
    Not so crackpot, I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Does anyone think there is anything significant about Glenn's Winchester .30-30?
    Shaun of the Dead reference? Although I don't think that was a .30-30.
    It would get the job done, in a SHTF situation, if I couldn't get an AR/M-16 or AK that would be my rifle choice.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    so a few more bits after a couple relistens...

i really like glenn, he sounds like a lot of the old guys who would sit around in dennys drinking coffee when i was younger, but the question i have is; when saul was trying to sell glenn and pete on victor as a good guy..he mentioned his mom...why would he not say her name? just because the colony is a big place..does not mean they would not have heard of the hospital staff...the opposite i would think. knowing tayna is sauls mom could have diffused the situation much quicker i would think.

so we are kinda thinking along the lines of why would ft irwin need/want to go after the mallers/colony?..well assuming michael has any inkling of durai going down there..what do we know the mallers are capable of with semi limited resources? they managed to pull off destroying the arena with a half-dozen tankers and some well designed explosives...they pretty much destroyed the tower by simply using the towers resources and a well placed rpg shot...perhaps not a threat in the traditional sense, no....but when left to its own devices, a creatively criminal mind can really work some magic..(i secretly think tardust is awesome, or would be if not for the rapey stuff.) so yea..a minor threat is still a threat.

just thinking about all the twists this "love Quadrangle" could take is making my brain melt, seriously, think about it..
    so if saul wants to go after lizzie, how will cj actually feel about it..think back to last chapter, when saul was talking about anime and vic started giving him shit about the cj situation..saul played it off like "its not like that"...well, perhaps for saul..it isnt. perhaps vic was reffering to cj. now, how is cj and her semi-possessive nature gonna take her new boy toy wanting to run off and grab that girl that was thought lost?
    so we now have two more colony people who knew sean coming back to dunbar(assuming pete lives that long)..When(not if) sean comes up..how will cj react? and im not reffering to the news of his death. but rather, the fact that all this time victor knew...and said nothing..
    the unknown factor of the lizzie/bricks relationship..to be honest, lets think back to just how quickly liz got over....todd. hell, cabbage put a nice little timeline together in this thread giving dates and all..whos to say she hasnt assumed saul dead and moved on?..(i cant remember if she was still at the scene when the rpg hit the hummer, but i know most everyone else in the story assumes saul/vic did not survive that...was she still there?)...while im sure getting over saul (baby daddy) is a little different than some dude who liked to work on bikes and...yea....that stuff,( i HATE talking about todd)..three months is along time in a situation like this.

ive also been thinking this since part one of this chapter..but since we started a "flash forward" progression in the storyline..it seems perfectly reasonable for us to actually reach a point in this story where lizzies baby is at the least a toddler. (thats quite a jump, yes. but i have a point to this)....many times throughout this story we have seen the use of what i like to think of as "traditional storytelling" elements. what i cant help thinking about is scratch wanting the baby as her own..and in the end..a few years from now. we get a prince mordred thing going, ultimately..the child that was raised to hate him is the one who kills saul..where all others..including the undead have failed. would be awesome....or it is in my head at least.
    Last edited by 7oddisdead; Jun 12th, 2012 at 01:25 AM.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post

I'm sure Scratch ordered Bricks to be Lizzy's bodyguard, and the baby is Saul's for sure given that Tardust never actually got his sausage in the oven...
    How do you come to know this?

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by wh33t View Post
    How do you come to know this?
    By read into Scratch the first time she knew that Lizzy was a prisoner. I think it was an act, the last part of the talk where she said that she didn't care what happen to her but Scratch seem to have some sense in her. Also Lizzy is act differently from a person who would be a prisoner. If she was "touched" by Tardust I believe she would she would repulse by the mallers.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    pete returns! and lizzy is pregnant but no one mentioned angel or burt

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    Am I the only one who thought the "big guy" could be Burt?
    When Saul's talking to CJ for pickup, he tells her to use "one of the up-armored Hummers" Apparently they figured out how to jump start a few of them.
    I think you were the only one. If you let Burt wander around, I'd imagine that would result in dead Mallers, and general rebellious feelings among the populace.

And don't forget how much more organized Cj was than our Tower. She probably already had Hummers, or found non-military grade hummers and hijacked them.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Quote Originally Posted by mageftw View Post
    pete returns! and lizzy is pregnant but no one mentioned angel or burt
    I gotta feeling that's coming up. Gleen said, "You don't want to know about them (the people they brought with tjem)." I feel like it has to be the fact that Angel was hurt and dying and shot. And that Burt is there.

I just realized something! Saul and Victor had no idea who was on the chopper right? They think that everyone made it who was in the tower.

"Gatherer"

Status
    The helicopters might not have come up yet in the converstation, Im willing to bet that when the mallers got back they were like "Holy Sh*t they had two helicopters!" and everyone in the colony heard that story. I know from past deployments that people talk about things that happen, and finding out the opposing faction had helicopters would be big news.
    As for the .30-.30 I wouldn't read to much in to that. Dude is an old man, it is what he grew up and shot all his life. Probably thinks of the .30-.30 like Burt thinks of his Desert Eagle. When I shoot I shoot a .308, all my friends tell me I should get a 7mm, .300 Win Mag, etc. But you grow up with a gun that you like, and that becomes your baby.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast