Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: ArkumsRazor13 PSN ID: ArkumsRazor Steam ID: Arkum1313
    I’m thinking Pippen convinced Latch and Scratch to dump Kalani on the side of the road or plant him near LAX and keep his daughter as motivation for Kalani to do what they want.

Scratch has that voice that is iconic. The second you hear it all the emotion it can stir up in you goes crazy. Excellent job casting her KC.

I don’t think the Mallers thought flying was a viable option anymore, or they thought that Kalani being a pilot would make it that much easier for him to be accepted into a new group. Scratch and the leader of the Mallers (Sorry I am blanking on his name at the moment) seem to always have a good plan so I doubt they would just hand a pilot over to “the enemy” without a concrete plan.

"Lurker"

Status

Gamertag: SerenityKry PSN ID: SerenityKry
    Aw, so bummed I couldn't jump on here sooner! (Yay 12 hour work day and crashing instantly once I got home!)

Great episode! Excited to see at least some of my theory be true for once. Kalani, Hannah and Pippen being picked up by the Mallers prior to Kalani going to The Other Tower (CJ's Tower). I'm sorry Nickvoodoo, but I refuse to believe he was a Rat my accident, that man is a good ol' fashioned blackmailed rat! Why would he lie to CJ about being the only survivor off the plane? He was going to assist the Mallers in infiltrating CJ's Tower in order to get his daughter back from their captive hold.

Of course it could have very well been an accident at Michael's Tower, I do like NickVoodoo's theory there. Obviously finding himself alive and well he wanted to get in to contact with the Mallers again because let's face it, your daughter is in trouble, you're going to continue to try to save her. I guess we'll see, did he intentionally screw over Michael's Tower... or was it just pure accident?

But Kalani being the rat has to be a definite at this point, why would we be focusing on it so much. I was actually kind of bummed the theory wasn't even touched up on on the last We're Not Dead Podcast.

Now Pippen, I have a funny feeling that man screwed over Kalani a lot more, more than just leaving him at the fence during the airport escape. I have a feeling Pippen is the reason Kalani is in the situation... Even willing to bet he was rat number two for the Mallers. It will be interesting to see if Kalani was the shooter, even though it hasn't been said, I have a feeling Pippen really screwed him over at some point. REALLY need to go back and listen to those episodes.

I'm also insanely interested to see if Kalani is even alive. I remember someone saying his body wasn't in the helicopter... Did he walk away from it? Did the Mallers snag him out of there, do they have more use out of him? Could be interesting..

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Quote Originally Posted by clem131 View Post

(sidenote: I was performing tedious tasks on medical machinery late yesterday night, and I listened to the old episodes to pass time. It wasn't until I got to the Mark of the Beast chapter, that I realized I was all alone, in a dark hospital ward, with lights off except in the room I was in. Kalani and Riley exploring the mental hospital... Damn, not doing that EVER AGAIN)
    Same thing happened to me last week my grandma was having six hour surgery on her shoulder. I was loitering and the lights to the shop behind me shut off. :''0

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    VidjaGamez summed up my thoughts rather well, with the exception being at the end there. I'm am not at all inclined to believe Kalani is still alive, however, Scratch may have collected his body just to be a bastard, thinking she can return it to Michael the way John's body was returned to her.

But yes, I agree with VidjaGamez and most of what Nik is theorizing; Kalani may have contacted the Mallers when arriving at Michael's Tower, then realized that he could possibly use his new allies to take out the Mallers completely. I am assuming he fired the shot that jump started the inevitable war.

My biggest questions center around Hannah and her current state. Is she dead or alive? Here is what keeps me wondering:

1) Girl at the Golf Course This seems to be a popular theory; that Hannah was the red headed girl at the golf course who was taken in place of Lizzie. Of course if this was Hannah she is now worm food on a par 4, and this would certainly lead Kalani to sacrifice himself, both out of vengeance of his deceased daughter and to protect his good friends in the Tower. But I'm not quite sold on this thoery yet because I have no evidence that Kalani was ever told the details of what took place on the golf course. I'll have to go back and listen to chapter 24 very thoroughly. It could be that as little as "they swapped some red headed girl for Lizzie at the golf course." If Kalani heard that I imagine he could assume his Hannah was killed, but we don't have evidence that anyone told him this, yet. It would suck if the Mallers had more than one red headed girl (if Hannah is indeed a red head) and Kalani, assumed his daughter was executed but it just ended up being some random red head. This leads me to the next possibility:

2) Hannah is still Alive Not much has been mentioned about Scratch's comment in chapter 24. Nik mentioned it and forgive me if anyone else did, but anyway Scratch says she would be willing to swap two Tower members in her captive for Pegs. We know Scratch has Lizzie, but the other person in her keep is a mystery. It could be Lizzie's unborn child, Skittles, or Hannah. I'm willing to bet my Batman boxers that it is Hannah. But Kalani's line just before he kamikazes, "that girl...that was my Hannah" really throws me for a loop as it sounds as though he is talking about her as though she were deceased. Which leads me to my last possibility:

3) Hannah is D-E-D, dead When Kalani says, "that girl...that was my Hannah" my gears get turning so much that I can actually grow dizzy contemplating the meaning of this. I sometimes interpret it as though Angel is supposed to know who that girl is. I then think what girl did Angel come into contact with? Did they tell him about the red head who received a field lobotomy? Or could it be some other gal? It is a very slim chance, but I was thinking what if that girl that Riley and Angel tried to save outside the Arena was Hannah. While trying to escape the Arena Kalani may have seen her corpse. It's a very slim chance though since we didn't get any kind of emotional reaction from him at the time so I very, very much doubt this possibility. If Hannah is dead and Kalani knows it, then it would make sense as to why they find him in such a terrible state at the Arena. He could have resolved to let himself die, then settle on vengeance on the Mallers. Also, at some point he may have come to terms with her death and decided he could live on. That would explain his want to get the hell out of the Tower and go to some place else, far away from the Mallers. "That girl...that was my Hannah" could also be Kalani referencing to her in his journal, as if to say, "Hey, that girl you are going to read about, that was my Hannah...my little angel." Or it could be a reference to the red head on the golf course. It is too hard to say.

I am still leaning towards very likely possibility that Pippin is very much involved with the Mallers blackmailing Kalani into being a rat. Hell, Pippin is kind of a skeevey bastard. We may end up hearing a very difficult-to-bear rape scene. I really hope not though.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Lurker"

Status
    ohh god i cant wait for the next part of this chapter ohh god it needs to come out today.. that would be way better....

"Lurker"

Status
    ohhh god u guys hear the last part of that podcast? ohhhh god i cant believe scratch... scratch as in johns sister.....

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I really enjoyed the flashback episode. It reckons back to the beginning and hearing what people did to survive. It would be nice to hear more of these flashback stories, like Victor's. I'm sure he has an interesting story. Didn't Kelly spot a wedding ring tan line?

I also really liked how Kc juxtaposed the two story lines Saul/Victor/Chinwe and Michael/Tanya/Kalani's Journal. Even though the groups are seperated, they are both discovering more about Kalani's history and by extension, the listeners also.

Things seem to be lining up nicely to peg Kalani as the Rat/Shooter. I look forward to hearing more to see what else will be prove to be true and what will be shot to pieces.
    Last edited by Zombiphobe; Mar 6th, 2012 at 10:46 AM.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    So, in the next episode I think perhaps we can expect more from Kalani's journal. According to him he was picked up by Sean the day after he crash landed. This could be a lie but I'm going to assume it's true. So he spent a night with the Mallers.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    The funny thing is I hated most things about Kalani once we got to know him wayyy wayyy back. Now, I love the guy. I now believe that he is the best acted character, maybe close 2nd to Scratch. Being an Englishman I am a lil peeved that Pippen is really English and his accent is supposed to be genuine. His accent stinks and sounds super annoying and I was excited to find out he was faking his accent so he could be a spy. Now he is just a Scumbag.....major scumbag. I am so excited to find out what CJ has to say about the zombies. It appears as though they had tons of time at the tower to study the zombies and had plenty of scout teams who took detailed reports. I wouldnt be surprised if CJ had some reports about our tower. I expect the Bohemoth battle at the water tower will be on there as will the Arena.

I will be really upset to find out that the zombies were created by a voodoo curse..... LAME! With all of the attention to details and logic, so bring in the supernatural would be very un-natural.

Also....is there any relevance to the songs Michael was playing on his guitar...I recognized the songs but wouldnt be able to figure them out.

Well....all for now....this episode was top notch cant wait for more!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    OK.....I just had an interesting idea;

Something BAD happened to Hannah. I figure Hannah was killed when Kalani and Hannah tried to escape the mallers once they realized it was all male inmates and Kalani tried to get Hannah away from them. So Kalani became infatuated with revenge. So yes, Kalani was the rat....but he wasnt WORKING FOR THE MALLERS....he was working on a way to get back at them. He probably fired the shot during the party. So He got on the radio, lured scratch and co to the tower, and tried to take her out. Pippen got "a sunroof put in his skull" because he had a part to play in Hannah's death. So the grande finale; Kalani flies the chopper into the tanker as his last shot at getting back at the mallers and a way to payback Michael and co for thier hospitality.

Point is, I dont think Kalani changed alligence from mallers to the tower but I think Kalani's motives changed from selfish revenge to the great cause........

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast