User Tag List

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    I am very glad that this was an episode of substantial length. (still not long enough)

"Lurker"

Status
    I think the bodied where left to rot because the mallers blew up there "nest". Maybe once they get a new nest made, they will start taking there bodies again?

Definitely a connection between Fort Irwin and the chopper. But didn't Michael describe the chopper as being Coast Guard when they found it? Or was it just the type used by the Coast Guard? I am re-listening to the episodes now but haven't' gotten to that part again yet.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    there were survivors of the Twin Towers who survived the collapse from the 22nd story. So it's possible in real life.
    Angel only fell a fraction of that height at 14-15 stories.
    I'm glad you mentioned that. I had been thinking it for a while but didn't want to post it out of fear people would say, "How dare you compare the two!"

I believe the conflict between Michael's group and the Ft. Irwin survivors could spur from the Helicopter; perhaps Ft. Irwin received the final transmissions from the original JGG's crew saying they were under attack from normals. With the quickness that the Mallers raided L.A. I have very little doubt they were the one's responsible for the helicopter being riddles with bullet holes. But just to satisfy a crazy notion; what if there were two helicopters on that pad. One belongs to Ft. Irwin and the other is the Coast Guard. The CG crew says, "We'll rendezvous with you all at Ft. Irwin." The Ft. Irwin crew says, "Nuh uh. You have an infected on board your bird." They argue. The coast guard crew refuses to back down. Ft. Irwin crew opens fire. Just a random possibility...

I do believe in the long term we are going to see a Ft. Irwin/Tower Survivors vs. Mallers/Colony. I also believe that Michael might find some Intel on ground zero at Ft. Irwin. What say you Nik?
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Scavenger"

Status

Gamertag: DeeKay86 PSN ID: NeoNemesis86
    Absolutely loved this episode (like every other episode!). It raised a few interesting theories though!

Where to begin?

Ok, BURT:

I believe he's alive. If he wasnt alive, where is his body!? The mallers wouldnt drag his body away if he was DEAD! On top of that, the zombies havent taken bodies away either. Therefore, if he wasnt dragged away, he was Taken Alive or Walked away!
    I also believe that his zip line broke between him and the building his was going Towards, therefore he would have swung backwards on to the tower. Leaving 10 or so yards or rope on Michaels end, and the rest on the tower end.

I don't see Angel dying in this story, not just yet. For a character like him to just die like that wouldnt be too pleasing. Also, as mentioned before, it IS possible that he survived the tower collapse. Its also possible that he rapelled down off the rope that Burt was hanging off. Remember, they never found Angels body either!! Now, either he is under a lot of tower, or hes been taken alive or has walked away - just like Burt.

I loved the whole scenario at Ft Irwin, brilliant. However, I don't trust these 'soldiers' yet. They are, obviously, hiding some truth (about the chopper etc), but who can blame them? Also, I think its quite odd how their commander etc wasnt available right away. Maybe he doesn't exist?

The 'nice' soldier talking to Michael seems pretty cool though. He may turn out to be another character like Victor who supports our much loved group in the future.

Keep up the good work Kc and crew!!!

edit: I hope they DO go back to LA to rendezvous / search for Saul etc, but according to Michael, they are all dead! Unless Saul etc can get a word to our group at Ft Irwin, why would Michael and co go searching for them??

That leads me to the conclusion that they will Not go looking for any 'tower' survivors, BUT will go to get supplies / fuel etc! Thats when they will 'accidently' bump in to some tower survivors!!
    Last edited by DeeKay86; Jan 31st, 2012 at 08:17 AM.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    I far from trust the soldiers that they encounter on the air field at Irwin. I understand a commander not being available. Even without Zs everywhere, my commander can take days just to return a phone call. One of the things that lends credibility is the corporal that shows up says his MOS is 31B, military police. Assuming his commander is a real commander and has come up through the officer ranks, he would know that detainee operations and searching prisoners/new comers is perfectly suited to an MP unit, as opposed to sending a signal team or a pair of cooks. Fort Irwin also has plenty of MPs, as well as a Cavalry regiment, so it's not unrealistic that they were able to sustain themselves for a long time with little stress to the lower ranks. Also, geographically Fort Irwin is out in the middle of nowhere. It would be a great place to set up for a herd of Zs if you wanted to see them coming. The downside is getting back out off post to look for supplies or survivors. It would be a multiple-day excursion just to get to LA, never mind trying to accomplish a search and rescue.
    One Shot, One Kill. No Remorse. I Decide.

"Scavenger"

Status

Gamertag: DeeKay86 PSN ID: NeoNemesis86
    Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
    I far from trust the soldiers that they encounter on the air field at Irwin. I understand a commander not being available. Even without Zs everywhere, my commander can take days just to return a phone call. One of the things that lends credibility is the corporal that shows up says his MOS is 31B, military police. Assuming his commander is a real commander and has come up through the officer ranks, he would know that detainee operations and searching prisoners/new comers is perfectly suited to an MP unit, as opposed to sending a signal team or a pair of cooks. Fort Irwin also has plenty of MPs, as well as a Cavalry regiment, so it's not unrealistic that they were able to sustain themselves for a long time with little stress to the lower ranks. Also, geographically Fort Irwin is out in the middle of nowhere. It would be a great place to set up for a herd of Zs if you wanted to see them coming. The downside is getting back out off post to look for supplies or survivors. It would be a multiple-day excursion just to get to LA, never mind trying to accomplish a search and rescue.
    Agreed. My "does he exist?" theory was my weakest!! LOL

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    As for it not being possible that Angel escaped from the crumbling tower, if Burt can survive what initially seemed to be a 10 story fall, then Angel has a damn good shot of surviving a crumbling building. As for how he did it, wait and see, I'm sure Kc'll tell you.
    hahahahah! Ra1th, Ra1th, Ra1th.. Of course Angel is alive
    *shhhh ya'll. he'll hear us if we say otherwise and we don't want to make him mad at us*

So um, yah Rai1th.. Angel had better be alive since it looks like Burt is still kicking. When he does show up, he'll be the new leader too! Riley will find him and confess her undying love to him. *snicker*

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    I will have to listen again, but I do not think The Tower came down like we saw on that terrible day a decade ago. My memmory is that Saul or Victor says the wall tore away. I think the results are more like the Oklahoma Bombing. One wall collapses leaving most of the other three walls intact.

Assumption: Mr. Whiskers was in the tower. If it was a total implosion survival rate is real low. But, collapse one side and there are a lot more survivors; Angel, Mr. Whiskers, Maybe Louis possibly even a random redshirt or two.

Burt, I have been a fan of the hand break theory. I just have not posted it. Line snaps and he...

1)If the remainder of line is short enough, he squeezes the hell out of the hand break. He hits the wall like a wrecking ball and falls / slides down the building unconscious. The hand break's natural position is open. So, once Burt blacks out, it could open up and Michael would not notice much resistance.

2) If the Line is too long, he crash lands hard and skids some the line and hand break are worthless.

3)If it is the GoldieLocks Line he skids across the ground or whatever slowing him down significantly. He gets some pendulum action and does not hit too hard.

===========
    Stepping out of plot arguments, I am confident that Burt is alive. As I listen to the Podcast, I think I am supposed to be Michael, blending what is written in the journals, his own recall of the events if he was there and hearsay in a debriefing or gossip. When I hear something "in character" like a narration, I believe that it is ment to represent what is actually written in the journal. But, I might be wrong.

Once Michael gets back from the Colony, the rest of the season is only ~48 to 72 hours I think. Not a lot of time for Burt to write in the journal. In fact, from the Narration of the RPG / Hummvee to the broken zip in is a few minutes. I really do not think he wrote it all down and told Hope to take it just in case he does not make it.

Angel or a redshirt survives. We hear events leading up to the Maller attack. Angel is speaking to Stephen who is opperating the camera. We have Stephen's corpse. These events are transcribed or Michael will not be able to know of them.

Last, I "know" Burt is still alive, because that lil cu** Scratch will have stolen Shirly and we will have the Scratch and Burt Battle. There has been several back and forths between the two that serve as foreshadowing. Not the least of which is, "Dibs, on your shiny pistol. That's out here..."

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Although I favor the idea that Durai and the rest of the Mallers are headed towards the colony and we might have an eventual Mallers/Colony vs. Ft. Irwin/Tower Survivors, I can't help but think how against the idea of new comers the Colony was. If the Mallers don't have some sort of deal set up with the Colony then it could end up being the Mallers vs. the Colony. Victor could again become pivotal in the survival of our heroes. If the Mallers go to war with the Colony the Victor might be able to safely lead Saul in to free Lizzie, Burt, and Angel amid all the chaos.

Damn, there are just so many avenues this story can take!
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Michael knew he was going to Fort Irwin ahead of time, and the only piece of proof he had to being in the Army.
    Damn, thought I had something...

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast