User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd

Pegs Breaks Maskirovka?

Maskirovka is russian for camoflauge. It is often used in Military Inteligence and Spy circles for deception.

Ok, So, I started another listen through. This time I was wondering if I could link the Mallers to the colony. I still have to work on that. But, something that did pop out were some comments made by Pegs.

Chapter 18 Part 1 ~5:00. Victor mentions the colony. Pegs parrots "The Colony"
    /fade scene
    /raise ominous music

This peaked my interest. Had she heard that term used as a formal name recently, say after the outbreak?

Chapter 18 Part 2 16:00 Michael and Pegs are in the hospital talking about making a round trip for Saul. Tonya Says "If Marcus allows it" Pegs stamers "Marcus is in charge?" and the conversation goes back to Michael and Tonya. Marcus is not touched on again...

Before that, Marcus is mentioned by Victor and his Partner, often in Spanish. Probably not enough for Pegs to sound afraid. Hell, it would be hard for her to just pickup on the name.

Maybe she is awesome with names. When Pegs Speaks to Angel over the CB, she calls "Latch" John. She heard Scratch yell Latch / John a few times after the shooting.

I could pass on the Latch / John. But, now that I have heard a fear in her voice because Marcus is in charge and sounding pensive at "The Colony" makes me double think it.

In summary, I now wondering why she appears to have prior knowledge of

Latch / John
    The Colony
    Marcus in charge is a bad thing

"New Arrival"

Status
    Interesting questions. I would say the biggest counterpoint is how quickly after the outbreak that Pegs and Riley joined with Michael and co. As I recall, the colony grew out of a gathering site for helicopter rescue. Because Pegs was rescued from her shop so quickly after the outbreak, she wouldn't have had time to learn about the colony. I took her comment to reflect surprise more than foreknowledge.

As for Marcus, there certainly is a possibility. The two issues I see are that (1) she only heard a first name, which is common enough to not jump to the conclusion that it's the 'Marcus' she would know and (2) that if they had a significant prior acquaintance, it seems strange that Marcus wouldn't have forced a meeting. An apocalypse is a significant enough event to quickly overlook previous bad feelings.

"Scavenger"

Status
    But she wouldnt respond by Marcus is in charge? It should be something more like who's Marcus

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    Are you suggesting that Pegs is the rat and/or killer? I'm not really following what this is about. But if it is incriminating Pegs, I have to strongly disagree. It's just not her personality to do something like that. And I love her, she wouldn't hurt me like that.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

My current assumption is that Pegs at a minimum has been ease dropping on conversations of other factions. For example. The mallers use police radios and Pegs has a police scanner

Chicken-Zombie Overlord

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Steam ID: Magrat
    When they were at the colony, did Marcus ever actually meet Pegs? I shall have to re-listen. I am intrigued.
    I wear a fedora now... fedora's are cool!
    Winner of the coveted ZOMBIE CHICKEN AWARD
    Anyone else waiting for a Doctor Who zombie? No? Huh, just me then...

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Even if pegs did have a police scanner and was ease dropping, the feeling I got was Marcus had been running the colony for quite. While ...therefore she wouldn't have reacted the way she did...i like where your going with this one though...did seem a bit strange when she said it....

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Like I said, I am still trying to pull this together. Maybe a maller spy in the colony talks about Marcus. May be Marcus is the spy. Marcus and in charge are mutually exclusive. It is possible to have only one piece of information. but the further we get from the central tenet the goodies it sounds because of the lack of supporting evidence.

Remember, Pegs is pretty much Universally hated only a few days into the outbreak because of the plant pot oops and the colony was active on lots of different types of radios in the beginning, and goes dark when Marcus takes over. It is also at this time that Bill gets bed ridden and is cared for by Pegs and Riley ... But I want to confirm that first.

Last, Burt's room is around the corner and beyond dead Paul and Ink. Every one is locked up. That could be used as a distraction.
    Last edited by Grognaurd; Jun 18th, 2011 at 07:01 AM.

Chicken-Zombie Overlord

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Steam ID: Magrat
    I like to think Pegs and Marcus know each other, and that someone new from Tower 2 will appear and link them!
    I wear a fedora now... fedora's are cool!
    Winner of the coveted ZOMBIE CHICKEN AWARD
    Anyone else waiting for a Doctor Who zombie? No? Huh, just me then...

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Don't get me wrong, like what your doing...im just having trouble linking all the pieces together...theres literally dozens of small easter eggs within the story that nobody has touched...hell, since I think your like me and in the middle of a re-listen....why does burt speak Philipino? (Chapter 13 part 2 ,1:30 mark) ....tons of small things to puzzle over....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast