User Tag List

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    english is not my mother tong so i have to say sorry for the bad spellin stuff, but could it be that randy some how infectit Datu with he's Zombie D N A just to help the guys?
    I don't know why but somehow i think he is still in there wanting to help.
    And he some how discovered that this should be the best way.
    noing that infecting datu should give Michael a key to the markings or something :d.
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    A woman I worked with had a son born with Aphasia. He cannot and will never be able to understand language. He cannot talk, he cannot write or sign. He does not understand language spoken to him. His brain just cannot put it together. He can point at ice cream, but cannot understand would you like ice cream. But, if you point at the ice cream he will understand.

We know there are changes in the eye. So, their perception might be different. Remember those images that became popular about 20 years ago. To most people it just looks like a repeating pattern. I can see the three dimensional image that is encoded within it. It is not something I learned, I just saw it pop out while other people were saying what are you talking about???

http://www.wallsave.com/wallpaper/10...hd-250374.html

For example, this is a small helicopter, like the ones they use for local traffic.

What do you see?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    You didn't like that Ink and Bill Roberts are the same?

And just curious, but did you feel the same way when the characters theorized that they could communicate?

(BTW, I'm not saying that Verse is right or wrong about his theory, I'm just curious his reaction to something previous in the story)
    I didn't like that Bill and Ink were the same at first. I was hung up on him having issues with the key pad. I felt that someone that smart should not have that many issues with something like a Key pad. Didn't make sense..... Then we got a new keypad at work. And it took like 5-6 triesfor me to get it right. Then I went "God Dammit... KC had a point...." Then I was ok with it and it all made sense.

As far as when the Characters tossed out the ideas... I was/am ok with that. They don't have all the info we do. They are shooting blind. We know everything they know, but a lot of them do not know everything each of them know. They don't have the option of going back and listening to past episodes on the fly. Kinda like Saul not remembering Raydon labs when we went "BURT TALKED ABOUT THAT YOU JACKASS!!!!" we know b/c we have a forums with flawless ability to go back and find details where he simply didn't remember because it was something said in passing a year ago in his time.

I believe they have a "Language" like an animal does or a child. When my sons were younger (and still do as the oldest is only 4) I can tell you what each of their cries are. When they were infants I could tell you what a Hungy Cry was...a Sad Cry was.... a Lonely Cry was... ect. Same with my dog. I can tell you what each howl is. I think they can communiate much the same. With grunts/howls/crys and body language to add effect.

I am just not behind a written language that is known after a bite. Like when you are bite you learn how to read Latin. (Although there are tons of studies on Blood Memory and DNA and such)

Not brown nosing or kissing ass, but so far everything you have done I have gotten behind. Nothing done so far has made me go "Nope. This is jackassery". So if it is the case that Datu now knows Zombie Text after being bite I am sure you will have a good idea. I am just not a fan of a Magic element and I fear it oh so very much. B/C when that is added all bets are off. Anything goes. There is no longer a set of rules.

SIDE NOTE THAT IS RELATED: I am betting that Datu is seeing something in his language like Tagalog. I was looking at it when Vlarken mentioned it and beat me to posting a pic of the language. I am betting the pain was Datu's mind shutting down his language area to become more animal like.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post

For example, this is a small helicopter, like the ones they use for local traffic.
    I see it. I used to love these things. Took me a while to see them, but I learned how to refocus my eyes. It came in handy in one where's waldo (The hollywood one), trying to find the statues that were different. The changes BLINKED when you used the magic eye principle and made the pattern merge into one.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    I don't think we're going beyond the realm of plausibility with this Zed language thing, but there should be a damn good reason justifying why Zeds are suddenly 'controlled' by some markings on a wall, or tattooed on some skin, or something like that.

Kc has done an exemplary job thus far, but with this 'Zombie Language' issue, he appears to have many fans ready to cry, "Boooooooowlsheeeeiit!!!"
    Likes Verse liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:

I think we (The Fans) are jumping the gun in some regards. KC has always been really good at solid cliff hangers. Datu said they couldn't read but hinted he could and he had a head ache.... then cliff hanger. Much like when Saul sounded like he was going to give up Pegs or when Micheal went "We have to abandon the Tower!" both were hard bait and switchs. All we know is that Datu could read it and they couldn't and he had a head ache. That has turned into Symbols controlling him... Ink's Tat's controling them... his new Tree Zombie controlled via tattoos.

It could easily be a bait and switch where it is in a regular language he knows and part of his change that just so happened to happen when he started to look at something.

Still very very scared of Magic though...
    Likes scbubba, Gooer, Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    I don't think we're going beyond the realm of plausibility with this Zed language thing, but there should be a damn good reason justifying why Zeds are suddenly 'controlled' by some markings on a wall, or tattooed on some skin, or something like that.

Kc has done an exemplary job thus far, but with this 'Zombie Language' issue, he appears to have many fans ready to cry, "Boooooooowlsheeeeiit!!!"
    But, we has human are in a way controlled by marking and sign as well. When you are drive don't you stop at a red light or stop sign? Aren't you careful at a railroad when you see the railroad sign?
    Likes kent17 liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    But, we has human are in a way controlled by marking and sign as well. When you are drive don't you stop at a red light or stop sign? Aren't you careful at a railroad when you see the railroad sign?
    Thats also because we are taught that. It is something learned through teaching not a flesh wound.
    Likes skankyfish, Litmaster liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post

What do you see?
    Well, just before it caused a seizure, i am pretty sure it was a little bird-style helicopter.

That was a new one.

Now, i'm going to go write that one down.
    Likes scbubba, Storm, MrRedBeard, Grognaurd liked this post

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Verse View Post
    Thats also because we are taught that. It is something learned through teaching not a flesh wound.
    But this virus is affecting the mind, so it could be also reprogram it to see things that we normal wouldn't noticed before. I think of it like the time you a driving down the same road over and over again. But when you sit on the passenger side of the car you notice a building or area that you never noticed before.
    Last edited by UndeadSweeper; Mar 3rd, 2014 at 04:22 PM.
    Likes Merlin1274 liked this post

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast