User Tag List

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I expected a huge thread full of whoa! And wow! And holy sh...

Kc... You've done the near impossible.... You silenced the internet!

That was one hell of an episode. I love the exploration of the testing. I feel for Saul and Tanya knowing what they know now. I...just wow. I was an emotional wreck leading up to my daughter being born. All of a sudden I was thinking about all the things I'd have to look forward to as a parent. I can't imagine learning what Saul may have just learned. And Tanya making the comparison to the tadpole and frog. I hate that piano music. So sad.

Good for Datu's Pneumatic gun. Wonder what he had to crank it to in order to out penetrate a bullet....

I like Michael trying harder to woo pegs. He's finally taking the note, but the ship has sailed I think. He's going to have to keep it up in order to get her back.

The only thing I hated about this episode... It's going to leave us with an epic cliffhanger next Monday and we're all going to come back here and scream.

Oh! And as for Victor screwing up: He did forget to mention Angel to anyone. That might be it.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    SCBubba, Tommy may have turned more slowly than what we would expect from Riley's chapter 1 description, but he was also exposed to a special one. Not an inkling, but not a run of the mill biter, either. Ugh, so much to try and figure out.

Riley's Description is backed up by the hundred or so that attack the reserve base at Bell.
    Fernando changes quickly in season 2.

Oh and who do they fear talking? Early in the show that role was filled by Kelly. They expressed that fear of her when she spoke to Kalani
    Last edited by Grognaurd; Oct 28th, 2013 at 03:45 PM.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, scbubba liked this post

We're Alive Cast member

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    I just pissed my pants and no one can do a thing about it.
    ALL HAIL GENERAL VICTORIOUS!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    SCBubba, Tommy may have turned more slowly than what we would expect from Riley's chapter 1 description, but he was also exposed to a special one. Not an inkling, but not a run of the mill biter, either. Ugh, so much to try and figure out.

Riley's Description is backed up by the hundred or so that attack the reserve base at Bell.
    Summamuh Bish!!! You bring up a good point. Tommy was bitten by the jumper! Man, there are so many variables involved.
    Likes Grognaurd, scbubba liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

The Lit Treatise for 39-2

Alright... I've been out for awhile. And damned busy, too. But here we go:

Overall Impressions
    A very good, rich episode, with several great takes from many angles. Now, Kc has set thing up so that we can get action from:
    1. The newly-expanded Colony
    2. Mike and the Gung-Ho Army dudes on the hunt for Ink
    3. Saul/Vic trying to pass Z-Gas at ground zero
    4. Riley/Burt on the hunt for Scratch
    5. Tanya/Kelly/Lizzy on the research front

Any of those offer some rich possibilities for story development, so I like how things have expanded from the rather confined atmosphere of the last 2 chapters...

Safe House 16?!??
    Jesus! So CJ was able to orchestrate the creation of not only Dunbar itself, but 20-odd safe houses all around LA, all within a, what, 4 month period before they got overrrun? Yo, that's some serious planning..... SERIOUS planning...

Why the Behemoth's are Dying
    I got nothin. Osiris? 7odd? Bueller???

340 K
    So the concern is whether this means that Saul and Tanya are immune to the virus, or are in fact slow turners. I hope it's the former, but I credit KC on keeping us unbalanced as to the truth...

Don't Need Vic
    Looks like Michael's snub of Vic's help sets us up for yet another Saul/Vic visit to ground zero. I'm all in!

C.J.'s Planning, pt. II
    So.... video feeds from L.A.? Exansion 6 blocks south of the Colony? Heavy machinery??? Damn, CJ has really got these guys working....

Datu's "Mata-Gun"
    This is the first time we have heard Datu's last name, I think. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am having a hard time visualizing just what Datu's pea-shooter exactly looks like. And how it exactly works, and what it fires, specifically.

Pegs-Michael, pt. II
    Well, they still suck. Pegs is still bitchy, and Mike is still awkward.

Saul and Raydon Labs
    Uh, doesn't Saul even listen to his own podcast??? If he did, he would quickly recognize that it was BURT who first mentioned Raydon labs, when he observed one of those "smart fuckers" trying to get on the rooftop where he, Saul, and Angel were camping out on the first night they met. They SMFUCKA had a Raydon Labs I.D. "The smarter you are in life, the smarter you are in death", quoth Burt. That doesn't bode well for Michael's crew heading over there for RECON...

Bce!!!!!
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    CJ has pushed a major expansion of the Colony. They've occupied, "an area of commercial buildings and homes to the south" that included another park, and access to a creekbed.

Here's a look at the Colony, both in its original and expanded forms:

Note that the expansion now puts the main gate in the middle of the Colony!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    An Audio Question on Datu's Pea-Shooter:

Ok, I am curious how Kc got the sound for this device. I listened to it several times, but I can't think of how they recorded the sound for Datu's shooter. What was it? A baseball pitching machine? I can't place it at all...
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post

Damn! Fine point, Grog. Completely forgot that Tommy was done in by a jumper and not a Z 1.0.... That may be the only non-1.0 turn other than LOs. Could skew the results dramatically. Ugh, too many damned variables in this equation!

Switching gears... Something I forgot to point out from the episode

- CJ's planning vs execution: she obviously had an awesome plan for securing and expanding the Colony. But when it came down to execution she falls short once again. Low on fuel and ammo with a much bigger perimeter to defend. And defense depends on both fuel and ammo. Again, it looked good on paper but left something to be desired on the field.

Now, this does work to set up the importance of Datu's Little One Slayer Mark I...
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved

My thoughts:

1) I think Saul and Tanya are fine. I could be off base, but my guess/understanding is that fluids is what spreads the infection. Bites and Blood. Bite would mean odds are you get sick from the spit. Tanya said when you catch it, you catch it. It is what it is. If they are "Slowly Turning" as she put it, then I would think they can spread it. I find it hard to believe that Saul and Lizzy have not kissed or had sex sense they have gotten back together. I could be making a leap in my guess, but if fluids in a bite can turn you, Blood can turn you, scratches can turn you then sexual fluids can. Again, I may be taking a jump and they have not "Been Together" sense they have gotten together, but I doubt that. My guess there is something there, but not the fact they are slowly turning and have the illness. I think it is a ruse. We will get the ole "Ah!!! I had you thinking it was this.. but it was really that!" later on.

2)I think CJ's leadership is fine. Based on the tone of the people I would guess she is doing fine. It sounded more like they didn't want to have to deal with the Red Tape. Also based on what Jay said she may not be happy with progress. Not as in "I hate you guys", but more of a "You haven't found anything to justify me not using you for other stuff". No one likes to get yelled at. My guess if people know she will call them out. At the end of the day no one likes being told what to do. She is getting results though and the tone people use tends to lead me to believe that they are just doing the normal Water Cooler Bitching you see people do at work. Michael made it sound like she would let him do what he wanted... but he would have to listen to her and he didn't want to.

3) I think the Victor foul up isn't a big deal as well. Odds are he didn't listen and it almost got bad. It wasn't a "After what you did? After what you did? No Jackass.... away with you!" Seemed more like Michael would just rather deal with his soldiers. We know Victor and Michael are no BFF's. Odds are he was out with them... didn't listen... something got jacked up... and Michael just would rather have soldiers that he knows will listen and not back talk. If it was a major mess up they would have said more. Like "Not after your foul up. He is worried you will get another person killed" Victor didn't fight or argue to much. If it was to bad we would have gotten the "I told him I was sorry that XYZ happened! He can't hold that on me forever!". If we find out what it was (I think we will) it will turn out it wasn't to bad.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Damn! Fine point, Grog. Completely forgot that Tommy was done in by a jumper and not a Z 1.0.... That may be the only non-1.0 turn other than LOs. Could skew the results dramatically. Ugh, too many damned variables in this equation!
    Saul's first exposure?..
    Chapter 3, with Burt and Angel. A smart one from Raydon Labs. "Oh, he's got my leg. I am ok though." Or something like that. I will have to go back and listen.
    Likes zombie Danny, Storm, Witch_Doctor, scbubba liked this post

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast