User Tag List

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    "Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by airrunner View Post
    2. What the heck is the fan for during Scratch's burial reveal scene? And why does Burt say it's what's keeping her alive? I know nothing about making concrete so I'm guessing it has something to do with that.
    The way I understood it was that it would bring her air to breathe..........It's not like there's that much in a coffin after all...
    Likes airrunner liked this post

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    OMG. I've now listened to the finale 6 times. I'm obsessing about the show as much as Tanya obsessed about the zombie origins before she passed away.

Some new thoughts, questions, and observations:

1. How does Scratch know that Riley killed Tardust? Why does she think Tardust would even have come across Riley and Burt? My theory on this is that Scratch has a particular talent for understanding what makes other people tick and how to press their emotional buttons. As much as she was obsessed with taking down Pegs for the final four months of this show she must have assumed Burt was doing the same with her and probably did a good job of covering her tracks. Once Tardust got away from her she figured Burt would eventually come across him and take him prisoner.

2. What the heck is the fan for during Scratch's burial reveal scene? And why does Burt say it's what's keeping her alive? I know nothing about making concrete so I'm guessing it has something to do with that.

3. Saul's last words sound like "Michael. I can see them. You were right. There's more..." Assuming I'm right, was he just referring to Ink's newest creations or were there more Little Ones beyond the 13 we thought had been raised in the Arena?

4. When Michael returns to Dunbar after completing the mission, CJ says that Saul did it. Michael responds in the affirmative and around that time you hear Saul's final words replayed faintly. I thought it was a cool way to indicate what was going through Michael's head as he answered CJ's question.

5. Love that scene between Vic and Nicholas. When Vic said he was cooking Arroz Con Pollo for dinner, I started salivating, and I'm vegetarian. Sounds delicious!

6. Puck notes that Hope is a medic. Is that a civilian or military position? If the latter, does that mean Hope has been trained to shoot weapons? How awesome if she's killed some zombies with a matagun!

7. Lastly, CJ tells Nicholas that the zombies have not died off and that they don't need much food to survive. But during Season 2 when Michael and Pegs swam out to the yacht, they noted that the swimming zombies coming from the island were starving. Does this mean that zombies starve within the same timeframe as a normal human would starve, simply don't die from starvation, or were Michael and Pegs just wrong about those zombies.
    1. She could "see it in her eyes". She knew they'd be hunting her down, and with Tardust disappearing, it was mostly obvious.

2. As Storm has already mentioned, it was to bring her air, as she would of used it all up within the enclosed coffin. Also, i don't think Burt made concrete, he just piled rubble and dirt on top of it: he wouldn't of had the spare water to mix it.

3. I think he was saying, "Michael, you were right, you were right.....". I'm not sure what he was meaning by it, but i'm sure someone on here does.

6. Due to her mostly-blindness, she wouldn't of been able to aim far away with any gun. Unless her blindness was cured, which was not mentioned......

7. Think it was either a mutation that let them live with little food, or that they just got thinner due to not eating enough, but continued to live on, like some kind of minor anorexia

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

OMG. I've now listened to the finale 6 times. I'm obsessing about the show as much as Tanya obsessed about the zombie origins before she passed away.

Some new thoughts, questions, and observations:

1. How does Scratch know that Riley killed Tardust? Why does she think Tardust would even have come across Riley and Burt? My theory on this is that Scratch has a particular talent for understanding what makes other people tick and how to press their emotional buttons. As much as she was obsessed with taking down Pegs for the final four months of this show she must have assumed Burt was doing the same with her and probably did a good job of covering her tracks. Once Tardust got away from her she figured Burt would eventually come across him and take him prisoner.

3. Saul's last words sound like "Michael. I can see them. You were right. There's more..." Assuming I'm right, was he just referring to Ink's newest creations or were there more Little Ones beyond the 13 we thought had been raised in the Arena?

4. When Michael returns to Dunbar after completing the mission, CJ says that Saul did it. Michael responds in the affirmative and around that time you hear Saul's final words replayed faintly. I thought it was a cool way to indicate what was going through Michael's head as he answered CJ's question.

5. Love that scene between Vic and Nicholas. When Vic said he was cooking Arroz Con Pollo for dinner, I started salivating, and I'm vegetarian. Sounds delicious!

6. Puck notes that Hope is a medic. Is that a civilian or military position? If the latter, does that mean Hope has been trained to shoot weapons? How awesome if she's killed some zombies with a matagun!

7. Lastly, CJ tells Nicholas that the zombies have not died off and that they don't need much food to survive. But during Season 2 when Michael and Pegs swam out to the yacht, they noted that the swimming zombies coming from the island were starving. Does this mean that zombies starve within the same timeframe as a normal human would starve, simply don't die from starvation, or were Michael and Pegs just wrong about those zombies.
    1. What Gooer says.
    2. The vent might fulfill either of or even both tasks: get fresh air into the coffin and get CO2 out of it. Besides that: Burt mentioned something like "fresh concrete"; I have understood it the way that he not only dropped rubble on top of Scratche's grave, but he also enclosed it with cement in order to make sure that none would be able to free Scratch again.
    3. I think this will remain a secrecy for the time being.
    4. I agree.
    5. I agree.
    6. One of the recruits mentions that Hope still is limited in terms of her eyes; so I don't think she received gun-/rifle-/shooting-training.
    7. We know that the zeeh-agent changes the human body in many ways. And I hold it as likely that this may include a certain sustainability regarding the necessity to eat stuff. And I also think that the number of zeehs has decreased in such ways that there "normal" or "typical" rules of eco-systems have started to kick in, which would mean that there is enough food available for the remaining zeehs to last for a long time as a species/bread/whatever. We may also safely assume that the zeehs, like the humans, are omnivore and thus are not limited in the choice of food making it more likely for smaller numbers to survive. Besides that: We're Alive is a Story of SURVIVAL ... *g*

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Jul 27th, 2014 at 08:51 AM.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Gender, race, physical disability, sexual orientation - none of it means anything in a world of survival and that's how it should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post

And not only in a story of survival, but everywhere anytime.
    Sorry to bomb the party guys. But as long as people are still using these "attributes" as stickers to depreciate people, the situation will not improve in the foreseeable future. Though I wholeheartely agree to your points - I think that some of the prejudices will resurface once again when the social status of the survivors will start to reflect an increasing deversity.
    Last edited by YetAnotherBloodyCheek; Jul 27th, 2014 at 12:56 PM.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    Sorry to bomb the party guys. But as long as people are still using these "attributes" as stickers to depreciate people, the situation will not improve in the foreseeable future. Though I wholeheartely agree to your points - I think that some of the prejudices will resurface once again when the social status of the survivors will start to reflect a increasing deversity.
    As long as there are people to remember the differences and slurs, it won't die out.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    As long as there are people to remember the differences and slurs, it won't die out.
    Yes, I think that it is valid to ask if the future timeline is worth living in. We only got a glimpse at the world in chapter 48.
    Likes zombie Danny, Gooer liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

6. One last more general comment about We're Alive, it's depiction of women in roles the typical piece of fiction would normally reserve for men is refreshing. All the best-trained and able-bodied men are sent out to tackle one of the main villains leaving basically a ragtag team of ordinary women (they definitely weren't Project Alice, Sarah Connor or Ripley types) to hold down the fort against the other Big Baddie, who also is a woman. This was done without anyone drawing any special attention to it. Scratch was treated like any other villain would be, including a macabre fate that was warranted by her actions. Pegs, Kelly, Hope, Tanya, and CJ were left to save themselves like any other group of survivors would be. Take any of them out and throw in a different character and I would have been just as worried about their predicament and just as hopeful that they made it out alive. Gender, race, physical disability, sexual orientation - none of it means anything in a world of survival and that's how it should be.
    It was refreshing. Every major group seemed to be depicted working towards a common goal. Even the French helped. Thank you once again for several quality years of entertainment. I look forward to what the future holds.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:

Just remembered.... we never found out if Max was actually executed or not. I mean, it probably did happen, but it was not confirmed......

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    Just remembered.... we never found out if Max was actually executed or not. I mean, it probably did happen, but it was not confirmed......
    I thought the same thing. The reason he might still be alive is that the Mallers were moving as fast as they could to get to Pegs. I mean they didn't even take the time to finish off Pete.
    Likes Gooer liked this post

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by BrockDenker View Post
    Even the French helped.
    Haha...

If Riley is a representative of the French, she gave a good account on behalf of her people. Strong, courageous, fit (including defined abs), highly perceptive when it comes to emotions, excellent culinary skills, superb archery ability, bawdy sense of humor, a little drinking problem, though, but who's perfect?

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast