User Tag List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1274 View Post
    I just had another awful thought about the ending..

The story is a Novel. We are hearing it play out as the author writes the book.
    At the end. We hear a type writer or keyboard taps as Michael's narrative fades out, an in KC's voice, as he types, He says "The End."
    And as Kc finishes printing the script, he see's the glow of fire from the giant mob carrying pitchforks and torches....
    Likes Storm, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by Duffusmonkey View Post
    Dallas knew how to do a good dream sequence. Honey I haven't been dead sll season, you just had a bad dream....

Ooh this means that Angel, Tommy, Lizzy, Brcks, Tardust, Kalani, Fernando & Even Shirley (gun & wife) can all come back on the last episode. YEAH!!!
    But, if it was a dream sequence, Nicholas wouldn't be born, and all the survivors wouldn't of become the friends they are now (although, the prevention of the deaths kinda counters this...)

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Assuming that this is a standard action / reaction / counter / etc., the last thing that really kicked Ink's butt is the high mobility and fire power of the Chopper.

This can be countered in several ways.

Armor
    Further increase the armor to defeat the bullets. We got a glimps of this with the treeomuth. This mechanism can protect, but lacks offensive measures against the chopper. Trying to get close enough to hold on is more a lottery ticket than a viable stratagem.

Stealth / cover / concealment
    Stay hidden. Our heroes have pretty much only shown direct fire weapons. It is much harder to hit what cannot be seen. They have not used anything like mortars. Artillery or carpet bombing. Many of us have speculated that there has been several times where the little ones were "nearby" watching when they were much smaller. Working below ground also exploits this. The Germans of World War 2 called this Rattenkreig when they encountered it at Stalingard. The Russians would use the Sewars and tunnels to suddenly appear and ambush. We have also encountered this several times. However, once the attack is initiated, they still have to deal with ranged weapons. It sure would be nice if Ink had something that could attack while not presenting a part of the body that can result in a lethal wound. Long tentacles like Saul's squid could do this. If a limb is damaged the unit may become combat ineffective, but still able to retreat.

Greater mobility.
    Underground, increased burrowing speed. To not just use the existing tunnels, but make new ones. On the surface, think super Jumpers. Jump from building to building like the hulk in the Avengers. Might be able to get to the chopper when it is off the ground. Even better, a flyer. Jumping has the disability that it is not very easy to change direction once initiated. Flying is something that goes deep into the human psyche. A very desirable superpower in humans and evolution. Clams, starfish, crabs, sea cucumbers are stuck on hard surfaces. Fish learned to swim and open up true three dimensional movement. This is so advantageous that it has naturally evolved independently in diverse lineage of animals. Insects, birds, mammals each did it independently.

Increased range
    Thrown weapons. A frog's tongue. It allows attacking from cover and surprise. Hell, even throwing a normal biter.

Redundant command / sensory organs
    Going all the way back to Chapter one.
    Saul: "They are not going down"
    Michael: "Aim for the head"

Multiple heads counter this

Later, in season one, Riley gets a bullseye, literally. By Season two, they start trying to cover their eyes while attacking. Increased survivability, but decreased efficiency. Multiple heads is probably a bridge too far, but multiple eyes is doable.

Last, many have noticed similarity to the Bible. One of the beasts has several heads and the body of a lion. The Devil comes in the shape of a dragon and is slain by Michael with a sword.

Michael? Check!
    Sword? Check!
    Dragon? Stay tuned...

St__Michael_slaying_the_Dragon_by_tegehel.jpg
    Likes Storm, katlero liked this post

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsLoved1 year registered

Gamertag: MickGinger
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    About 20% of the fans will not be satisfied with the ending.

/prediction.
    Is that all?!! Is this 20% also 75-90% of the vocal minority?!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsLoved1 year registered

Gamertag: MickGinger
    Quote Originally Posted by duffusmonkey View Post
    i almost forgot the obvious one. Ink will get into dunbar by going through the open windows on the 7th floor. Cj isn't worried about it because the fire escape ladders are two stories high when they are not pulled down??? Even pegs was smart enough to realize that is a bad idea
    oh no, jumpers!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by MickGinger View Post
    Originally Posted by Kc

About 20% of the fans will not be satisfied with the ending.

/prediction.

Is that all?!! Is this 20% also 75-90% of the vocal minority?!
    Nah, the 20% represents the fans that want to see Scratch survive and/or kill Pegs.

Go Pegs!!
    Likes MickGinger liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    There is only an hour and a half or so left in the series. I think we all know that KODI is not going to humdedum down the tunnel ank Kaboom Ink et.al. Is there an enough time to do justice to the death of Ink, Randy, the new thing, number 3 and 7 (?) and Scratch in addition to whatever casualties befall the remaining characters?

If there is one thing I have learned about storycraft is that it is hard to come up with good villains. We're Alive may be a complete 4 season story, but the intellectual property is fertile enough to generate additional stories. Therefore, I hope KC does not kill off all the villains.

Scratch is an omnipresent threat with the best planning, executing, and adaptive skills in the story. I would feel very comfortable with the ending of the Scratch Arc with the death of Tardust. It fits her very well. That threat is still out there. Kill Scratch and piss a whole bunch of fans. Let her engage in combat and then escape would piss off even more.

I would leave the enigma alone. Scratch is still out there. Waiting...
    Likes Storm liked this post

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:

I'm stupid and i don't have a clue how Kc will wrap this amazing series off. However, i'm going to reiterate my theory i've had the whole season:

Scratch mortally wounds Pegs, and dies in Michael's arms. Then either Michael or Burt confronts Scratch, and engage in fistycuffs until Scratch is ended.

Also feel like Riley will get a chance to kill Scratch, but will chicken out of it....

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    Uhm....I predict Pegs, however which way they end up there, that she has the gun to Scratches head. In this moment we hear how/why she does not like guns, regardless of her skill in using them, and does/or does not blow Scratch away....Then comes in Burt to skull-fuk that bitch!!!

( I said about 3 years ago that in her past she killed someone by accident with a gun, hence her apprehension....I'd love to see this answered)
    Likes DagnyTag liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Beloved10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Lmaosunscrotch PSN ID: Flamed (I think) Wii Code: Lol
    I predict that the person who kills scratch will be someone unexpected... Hope.
    Likes Eviebae liked this post

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast