User Tag List

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points7 days registered

Just an Observation

This might not technically qualify as a theory, but here goes:
    Whenever a character dies, it is always another character who narrates their late companion's death. Since presumably Michael and a few others are recounting these events after the end of We're Alive, this would seem correct. *SPOILERS* Narrations by characters who have died since their segment of narration were passed on through journals or in Lizzie's case an audio recording device. This is why Kalani's journals were so important. So if a character is narrating, one might be able to safely assume that they are not in immediate danger. I say immediate because Datu was bitten under his own narration. As saddened as I was by Saul's supposed death from the episode released yesterday, I was prepared for it. Michael's narration suggested that he would be safe, as well as the fact that the series seems to revolve around him (Although this doesn't cement his safeness. We're Alive's cast is so awesome across the board that even without Michael the show would still keep on chugging). Not every character is keeping a journal now. One's to consider are Victor, Pegs, Tanya, Puck, and Kelly. If any of them are narrating and don't state anything about backing up a copy of their narration in a journal or Tanya's laptop, then there's a chance that they are safe. On the other hand, since these characters (with the exception of Tanya) don't narrate much, that could suggest that they are in danger.
    Thought?
    Likes Storm, Osiris liked this post

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    If they have narrated, it usually means they have been able to write in their journal/diary/whatever about what happened. That's why we didn't hear a Lizzy narration for awhile, because she did not write in her journal before she died. Same with Datu. He survived the bite from Randy, wrote about it, but was not narrating his final hours as he did not write them down. Victor and others who don't write a journal could be an exception, meaning what i just said is worthless. Or, it could be that they do write in their journal, but it's just not mentioned in the presence of others.

Edit: the Scratch entries, while not narrated, but are still heard, like the conversation with Durai towards the end of season 3, and other examples, where none of our survivors could be there to record what they said, could also be another exception.
    Last edited by Gooer; Jun 3rd, 2014 at 12:52 PM.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    If they have narrated, it usually means they have been able to write in their journal/diary/whatever about what happened. That's why we didn't hear a Lizzy narration for awhile, because she did not write in her journal before she died. Same with Datu. He survived the bite from Randy, wrote about it, but was not narrating his final hours as he did not write them down. Victor and others who don't write a journal could be an exception, meaning what i just said is worthless. Or, it could be that they do write in their journal, but it's just not mentioned in the presence of others.

Edit: the Scratch entries, while not narrated, but are still heard, like the conversation with Durai towards the end of season 3, and other examples, where none of our survivors could be there to record what they said, could also be another exception.
    The talk she had with him was probably written Down by Lizzy since she was there too, maybe even Vic since he was spying on them at that time.
    The scenes where she's torturing Burt or killing Angel can have been told to Lizzy too by Bricks, and in Burt's case he's probably written them Down himself, or at least helped Lizzy doing it.
    The more recent one outside the colony was told to Burt and Riley by Tardust himself.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    The talk she had with him was probably written Down by Lizzy since she was there too, maybe even Vic since he was spying on them at that time.
    The scenes where she's torturing Burt or killing Angel can have been told to Lizzy too by Bricks, and in Burt's case he's probably written them Down himself, or at least helped Lizzy doing it.
    The more recent one outside the colony was told to Burt and Riley by Tardust himself.
    No, not that conversation where Scratch killed him, the one before, just before Lizzy has her scan. She is in the room with the doctor, and it's just Scratch, Durai and Bricks. Unless Bricks told Lizzy, no one would of collected the info.

And oh yea, of course i forgot about that...

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points7 days registered
    But there was a video tape that Bricks was supposed to destroy that recorded that whole scene, and a copy of that tape might have been salvaged. It would seem logical that if Durai was such good friends with Angel's father that he kept the tape of Angel's death. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Michael and Puck find it when looking through some of the rooms after arriving in the Colony?

Also Riley and Burt now know the general gist of Scratch and Angel's final confrontation from Tardust. It's safe to assume that they didn't get any specifics though.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    No, not that conversation where Scratch killed him, the one before, just before Lizzy has her scan. She is in the room with the doctor, and it's just Scratch, Durai and Bricks. Unless Bricks told Lizzy, no one would of collected the info.

And oh yea, of course i forgot about that...
    I guess that's probably Bricks WHO told Lizzy, and the video tape that one of the soldiers find after they've taken over the colony. To me it sounds like Michael sat Down to Watch it, at least from the way he's talking to Vic and Saul about it... Or maybe my memory hates me right now, haven't listened to that part for a while...

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    I came up with the theory awhile back about those who still narrate in the chapter survive that chapter. Kalani was an exception. His story had to be told based on what they read in his journal. Like a Letter in a movie from a Dead person and they start reading it and it goes into that characters voice.

Scratch side is being told by herself at the end of the story. I still feel Michael and her are there at the end. I made a thread about that theory somewhere.