User Tag List

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

THE PEGS will deliver her charges to safety and THE PEGS shall live to fight another day.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    What are you, some kind of BABY SADIST?!??
    No, he's an adult sadist!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalJHP View Post
    Zombie kill of the week award goes to everyone in the chopper for taking out the behemoth.

Thanks, I needed that.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon_Tyler View Post
    THE PEGS will deliver her charges to safety and THE PEGS shall live to fight another day.
    Pegs protects her passengers

There was a powered exoskeleton power loader on the Pelican, right?

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    HOLY CRAP! This little kid isn't even ONE DAY OLD and you're already wanting to put him through hell!

What are you, some kind of BABY SADIST?!??
    having the first and only baby in a world of death and decay with lotsa zombs around ... Why would someone more of a sadist than the author?
    It turns out that currently we have just a handful of survivors available. And these are far less than what would be the least amount of people required to uphold a gene-pool of diversity. And with only one infant and none other so far on the radar it is hard to imagine that there would be a subsequent generation of humans striving for survival.

BUT: Nicholas ... I mentioned it earlier - the name has Greek origins and means "victory of the people". I am not certain, if this is why Kc has chosen this name for Saul to call the baby. But if so, than there is ... Oh, wait: HOPE! Nicholas, Hope ... Man, what a lovely picture, although Hope could be almost his mother ...
    Maybe it is time to wonder how the humans will, would, or could survive this onslaught with only one newborn alive ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Likes Cabbage Patch, Eviebae liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    It turns out that currently we have just a handful of survivors available. And these are far less than what would be the least amount of people required to uphold a gene-pool of diversity. And with only one infant and none other so far on the radar it is hard to imagine that there would be a subsequent generation of humans striving for survival.
    According to Ed Grabianowski at io9, (not just him obviously) humans have survived near extinctions before.
    There is one near-extinction event that is fairly well-known, although it remains controversial. Roughly 70,000 years ago, give or take a few thousand years, an enormous eruption occurred in what is now Sumatra, leaving behind Lake Toba (the crater lake pictured above). The eruption coincides with a population bottleneck that is often cited as the reason for the relatively low genetic diversity across Homo sapiens sapiens. Research suggests as few as 2,000 humans were left alive by the eruption and its aftereffects.
    Now, of course, every school child knows it was the first proto-zombie outbreak.

I think Ink is making a bad thing 1000x worse. Remember, people in the Colony had never seen a behemoth before. The zoms they knew were bad but unorganized. They tended to do random crowd movement type runs. Assuming that Ink isn't one of a cadre with members all over the world--we don't know what's going on everywhere.
    Last edited by Eviebae; Apr 10th, 2014 at 12:27 AM.
    Likes Elisa, LiamKerrington, Red Shirt liked this post

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalJHP View Post
    Cows milk can sometimes be too rich for babies, and right now they do not need anything causing trouble for Saul's little one.
    Saul's little one.

little one

little one

little one

*Gasp*
    Likes Elisa, Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    According to Ed Grabianowski at io9, (not just him obviously) humans have survived near extinctions before.

Now, of course, every school child knows it was the first proto-zombie outbreak.

I think Ink is making a bad thing 1000x worse. Remember, people in the Colony had never seen a behemoth before. The zoms they knew were bad but unorganized. They tended to do random crowd movement type runs. Assuming that Ink isn't one of a cadre with members all over the world--we don't know what's going on everywhere.
    The site won't let me rep you for that... so just the thumb will have to do... +1

I was thinking along similar lines earlier this evening... about a population bottleneck and the Mount Toba eruption. At this rate, are their even enough humans left to form a stable breeding population? I fear that the answer is no... but then again... still a few more chapters to go. Might not matter in the end.
    Likes Eviebae liked this post
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    I feel the Pelican will make it back to the Colony but it may never take off again.. This puts the main Characters together back at the Colony. Everyone else will be gone. That way they can all have the day of Mourning before the Real SHTF..

So That would leave us the Following people to have one last round with the Mallers before taking on Ink..

Michael, Saul, Pegs, Kelly, Burt, Riley, Victor, Tanya, Hope, CJ.. Plus the couple of people that stayed behind to help out with the Windmill (Can't Remember Names). Would be cool if they got it up and running while all the rest of this shtf stuff was going on..

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnex View Post
    I'm sure there is a way we can tie all the events back to CJ.......
    Actually, it all goes back to Alexander Graham Bell: he invented the telephone, which allowed Tanya to leave a message at the colony, which allowed Hope to relay it to CJ and Pegs. Clearly, Bell's the hero here.
    Likes Red Shirt liked this post

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast