User Tag List

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    One other exchange I found particularly intriguing was Burt and Saul. It was touching, but what I was really drawn to was Burt's

"It is my choice."

These are the same words that Tanya used when speaking to CJ, right? I know she said them, but just a little fuzzy on to whom.
    Likes Jannit liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Hart to fathom that. I wouldn't expected this little amount of diesel being capable to be as devastating as you describe it ...
    A fertilizer bomb is called an Ammonium Nitrate-Fuel Oil bomb, or ANFO bomb for short.

To put it simple terms, the ammonium nitrate fertilizer is the engine of the explosive, and the diesel fuel is just the fuel to jump start the engine. It world still need a detonator and ignition device, but Burt has all that.

It just requires a small amount of diesel per pound of ammonium nitrate. The more ammonium nitrate you have, the more diesel you need. I will not post the exact ratio here. If anyone wants more info on that, break out your google-fu.

For the colonists, they could actually construct a ANFO bomb capable of bringing down the buildings using the diesel from what they would find from the fuel tanks of a Peterbuilt Simi truck. As for the pure AN, maybe the same place they found Mrs. Maggoo has a stock...
    Likes Red Shirt, scbubba liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Pardon the wall of text. I’m trying to catch up with all of the posts I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    The Prison Assault

5. The Core
    Every detention floor in the towers features a transparent control booth at its center surrounded by six pods—dormitory-like housing units that each hold 60 to 70 inmates. This design allows the deputy manning the booth to observe three pods at a time. OR ONE ZED TO TAKE OUT A DOZEN COLONISTS BY HIMSELF!

[Redacted]

8. The Windows
    The tall, narrow openings on the exterior of the jail are designed to maximize sunlight without allowing a person to exit or a significant amount of contraband to enter. LIKEWISE WITH EXPLOSIVES, ESSENTIALLY MAKING THEM MODERN-DAY ARROW SLITS, AND THE PRISON ITSELF A ZOMBIFIED CASTLE FORTRESS. OUR BOYS ARE FUCKED!
    Can you clarify point 5 for me please? I’m not sure I understand what you’re getting at. On point 8, we might finally see a use for Riley being a “Pro Archer.” If she can bust out enough of those windows and get a few burning arrows through there, it might even the odds a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Wait a minute:
    Based on the info I came up with, that's upwards of 3,000 inmates housed at that prison at the time of the outbreak. Wow. That's a hella lotta zombie flesh to deal with...
    There may have been 3,000 originally but don’t forget we have evidence that zombies are dying off due to starvation (unless I imagined that, it’s been a while). If we assume that the “normal” ones are susceptible to starvation and that the only food source may be other zombies given the contained nature of the facility, there’d be a whole lot less than 3,000 left to contend with. Plus, the enhanced Z’s of various shapes and sizes may be nomming down on the regulars in absence of other meal choices. Either way, it evens the odds!

… Apparently Liam beat me to this as I read through the rest of the posts I’ve missed but the point stands! Liam just gets original credit. :P

On the subject of the twin towers, it would be wonderful symmetry if the first two towers that were destroyed had human inhabitants only to have it evened out with the destruction of two zombie towers.

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post

austin

im not sure how many of you share this opinion, but im incredibly happy to know that "arrowhead" was Austin mckibbon. for one, it gives us the answer to who he was. for another everyone remember the end of season three? everyone remember just how angonized arrowhead sounded as burt "disarmed" him. at the time everyone was happy(on the show) to see him finally taken down. personally I almost found the scene hard to listen to.

now, think back on that scene, and know that that creature was once a man. a man named Austin mckibbon. a man who perhaps made some mistakes in life (one major one, to end up on trial). but a man none the less. putting a name to that creature really makes thinking back on last years finale difficult.
    I agree 100% with this. Excellent job at describing it! 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    I'm coming back time and again to the "A Story of Survival" subtitle for the show. I keep wondering "whose survival?" Team Human only? Team Zombie? Ink? Scratch? Everyone?

Oh well, nothing to do but hold on for another week......
    I always wondered if “We’re Alive” was really referring to the Zombies rather than the Humans. There’s a comment somewhere about that. My vote is “survival” refers to anyone involved but the actual title refers to the Zombies.
    Likes Storm, Footbutt liked this post

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    [QUOTE=Gnex;71746]Next Episode is going to start out with Kelly and Lizzy sitting at the Table talking about Baby stuff.........

Then all of a sudden.......... We hear a BOOM BOOM BOOM knock at the Door.........

Then we hear an all too familiar voice.......... "Heeeelllllllooooooooo................. Anybody Home?!?!"[/QUO TE] I agree with this Michael did say he didn't like them being alone and the cpomment about Dunbar looking like that place puck was at.gonna be a good cliff hanger

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    @GOOER and Litmaster

I don't know this for a fact. just a guess.

the main characters, if you go back and listen have their names listed for all chapter "parts" even if they only appear in one. support characters (max, or RANDY for example) have their names in the credits only for the parts they have speaking roles in. why? that I haven't the foggiest on. just something ive observed over the years on the show. I think it happened with jenna once, her name was on the credits for parts one and two, and she only had a few lines at the end of part three. none in one or two (I could be mistaken there, beer is good) KC! CLEAR THIS UP, please?
    Yes. We have been known to include credits for people not included in a particular episode. If there's ever one area I screw up the most, it's the credits. We spend so much time on the episode that we get burnt by the chore that's credits.

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    The most important two questions you have missed:
    "Why is there no appearance of Lady anymore?
    Where is Mr Whiskers?"
    Wasn't Lady just mentioned? She's fine. In a backyard running around in the colony. Eating dog food. Doing Dog things.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnex View Post
    Does anyone know what Puck says at 2:50??? When They finally get there and Tanya ask where he is??? Sounds like "Uh.. <Something>..... By the Loading Dock...... hurt"
    Off Vigness... (Sp?) It's the road near where they were.

Quote Originally Posted by billions View Post
    Halfway into the final season, still more questions than answers.

- who is cohen
    - where is skittles
    - what will hope's role be
    - are there no other humans left on the planet? No signals on ham radio at all?
    - will our friends survive or is mikey the lone narrator
    - saul/tanya zombs
    - the baby and lizz
    - scratch's fate
    - datu and his windmill
    - randy's alignment
    - ink's role vs. "natural" evolution of zombies (breathing under water, the Crazy types kalani saw in Hawaii)
    - the significance of water (notice how neither michael nor vic drank any from the well)
    - the cracks in the ground (geological aspect might be connected with ground water)
    - angel tenudo's ties to the family
    - michaels bomb robot
    - the absence of other pregnancies

I hope all of the answers do not get shoehorned into the final chapter and we end up with a BS ending like that one show Saul and Vic really liked... "found", was it?
    I really hope I don't shoehorn those in at the end either! But really, that's not my style, or at least I hope it's not. I'll have to consult with the writing side of my brain. That guy does all kinds of crazy stuff.

Ok, a few of these I'll field. Don't get too excited. There's some things that have been explained about as much as they were intended to be. I'm gonna only pick things I feel need commenting. Looking at the outline of the rest of the story, I think you'll be fine with what comes.

"- the significance of water (notice how neither michael nor vic drank any from the well)" ---

Michael and Vic wouldn't have drank the water because it most likely looked like mud. And at that, unfiltered. Water around CA isn't that clean in its natural state. Water's significant because it's the most basic requirement for human life. Everything else can be managed as long as you have water. It's why we, as humans, settled around water sources.

"- angel tenudo's ties to the family" ----
    This story line is pretty much done. There's gray areas intentionally, but all you're supposed to know in the story is that Angel was once part of something similar to what Scratch and Durai were, but then turned his back on it and went into the military to get away from all that. I might mention it in passing, but don't expect something huge. Whatever plotlines it was part of are pretty much over.

"- are there no other humans left on the planet? No signals on ham radio at all?"
    A lot of that was covered in Season 3, so there most likely won't be any external world influences or discoveries. Are there others? Most likely.
    Likes kent17, Red Shirt, Storm, TacticalJHP, scbubba and 4 others liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Side note: The real reason no one likes Kelly and Lizzy being left alone is the two of them might actually manage to figure out how to end the Zombie Apocalypse! Thow in Tanya and it'd be a home run. That wouldn't be good for the storyline at all.

/fangirl
    Likes Cabbage Patch, scbubba, Gooer liked this post

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    Do you guys think Scratch will ever come back in to the story, becasue she was important at one time but at the same time she could have left. I just think for some reason it will show that she never comes back, just to show what a true to life story it can be and also throw us for a loop. What so you guys think? maybe they will concentrate more on the z for once.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Kc, there is no button to like your post and it seems silly to give you rep. Bleh. You're messing with my OCD brain here!

Thanks for the clarification; It's always nice to have.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Wasn't Lady just mentioned? She's fine. In a backyard running around in the colony. Eating dog food. Doing Dog things.
    Must have slipped my attention ...

Quote Originally Posted by alexcadtek View Post
    Do you guys think Scratch will ever come back in to the story, becasue she was important at one time but at the same time she could have left. I just think for some reason it will show that she never comes back, just to show what a true to life story it can be and also throw us for a loop. What so you guys think? maybe they will concentrate more on the z for once.
    Yes. She will return. I am certain. Because her deal with Pegs is not done yet.
    Likes alexcadtek liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    Maybe the arrows are for the newly turned zombies to walk out of the building, so they knew where to go, or to the testing area, where Puck and co. followed, and found Ink there....
    Maybe the arrow was created by Puck Muldoon and co - so they can find their way out?

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast