User Tag List

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    "Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    So what this argument boils down to is "Trust Snape" or "Don't Trust Snape"

I like both sides to the argument. Randy is trying to help Michael by giving him evidence and facts to help him in his struggle against Ink.

I also really really like the idea of Randy tracking Michael to the ends of the Earth to torment him for not doing what needed to be done. That's one hell of a dynamic to have contained within a villain.
    Never trust Snape!!! or CJ!!!!
    Likes Gooer liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gnex View Post
    Never trust Snape!!! or CJ!!!!
    So... CJ kills Michael in the end???

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    I never served... Is the, I do not know what to call it, animosity, contempt, disdain, bravado, clique, between officers and enlisted men so great that Randy would not affirm gladness that Angel lived?
    Not necessarily officers per se, just incompetent and impersonal ones. Officers in the military, like the Enlisted are a mixed bag. It must be said that:

I have had the honor to serve with and for some of the best that the Army has had to offer. Men and Women who embody the spirit of the Officer's Corp's, live the Army Values and truly believe in the welfare of the soldiers under their command... that being given the command of soldiers is not a task to be taken lightly, not is it one to be taken lightly. I was once even been reminded of (then) Lieutenant Colonel Moore and I would have taken a bullet for him.

I have also experienced the unique displeasure of "serving" under incompetent, self-serving, even corrupt amateur politician hypocrites that were only in it for the next promotion. I have at least been able to bear witness to one get "passed over" for promotion. Twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    The US Army does not get called up for local law enforcement. We got people being eaten, so I can suspend some disbelief, but in my mind it is easier for a rogue element to call up a few people than it is for the massive legal bureaucracy to get moving. There are just so many levels of crap that the system has to churn through to get an order to Angel, Michael and Saul

They get called really early. Unless there is a conspiracy to contact them, we have to believe that events on the ground go up the chain of command of local law enforcement, filter to federal government, back to the military and back down to boots on the ground.

So, is Randy not surprised/Glad that Angel made it because of a conspiracy he knew was in place or just because of enlisted man bravado?
    This. ^^ This in spades.

Suspension of disbelief to get the characters into the story, write what you know... Kc was a reservist... OK, I'll buy that for a dollar.

But you're right. The mobilization of Federal Troops for what initially seems to be a matter of civil unrest is a far stretch. Not to mention that doing so skirts dangerously close to violation of several sections of the US Constitution and a lot of (I believe) USC Title 10. This is a matter that is more inline with the responsibilities of the National Guard. Mobilization of Reservists would require the order of either the President or Congress where the mobilization of the Guard would only need orders from the Governor. The thing is, even the Guard is a stretch. SHTF in LA, but the capitol is up in Sacramento. Buy the distance scale of the east coast that is three to four states away. How would the governor know to mobilize that fast, from that far away.

I've mused this point before and it leads me to believe that "The Families" had something to with it and/or had some form of prior knowledge of the event that were to unfold. I posit that "The Families" are of the ancient, secret society type with designs on bringing about the NWO. Angel knew this and disagreed, the reason he was on the outs with The Families. When SHTF, he knew what was happening and although it would be unlikely he could stop it, he had to do something. He called the CO and lied that Battalion called him because they couldn't reach him. It was all for not though, in the end all he got was two soldiers and himself.

Quote Originally Posted by HardKor View Post
    I'll admit, I was skeptical at first, but I'm starting to buy into the idea that Randy is The Starscream to Ink. If Randy has just enough of his humanity left to want to fight against what he's been turned into then maybe he could study whatever Ink is doing to look for a way out. And since he left Datu after biting him, maybe Randy will end up being the one who both infects and saves Datu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    Now just need to figure what he's selecting these people for. What does he have in mind? Ultimate payback for Michael not shooting him ? Ha?
    Don't forget the cover art for Chapter Four and the speculation behind it.
    Likes scbubba, Witch_Doctor liked this post
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Yea, I am a fan of the families and conspiracy. To that I also add that Angel has his ring with him. If it was simply something that tied him to organized crime, I do not think it is something to have with normal day to day activities. But, a birthrite from a new world order once it starts...
    Last edited by Grognaurd; Jan 2nd, 2014 at 06:07 AM.
    Likes scbubba liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

We see more of Datu's religious side. He refuses to do the deed himself because of the unforgivable nature of suicide. He has even put thought into to his situation. He wants to die BEFORE he turns and not after. It seems that, with the exception of Tommy, zombies are not able to make this and carry out this decision. When Micheal suggests that Datu do it himself, he says that he can't. I think Datu came to this conclusion by comparing his knowledge of his impending horror to the knowledge of any other impending hardship. If it is a sin to commit suicide because you feel that you cannot endure an illness, grief, poverty or any other hardship of the human condition, then turning would fall into this category.

I've thought about what happens to one when they are turning and whether it would be best to die before, knowing that your death is coming, or die in a blaze of glory afterwards, when it seems that you're no longer rational and full of rage. What goes on in the minds of the turned? How much of their humanity is left? By humanity, I don't mean simple compassion and decency, but the self awareness that is at the center of one's consciousness. Are you trapped inside, watching yourself commit gruesome acts? Are you repulsed by the things you do as if some other agent has control of your actions? Stuffing human flesh down your throat as if the gears that connect your free will to your means of acting have been stripped, and your limbs are dangling from marionette strings controlled by some internal puppet master.

Are you simply gone?
    Likes scbubba, Red Shirt, Unit, LiamKerrington liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    I'm currently typing up the episode onto the wiki, and i got to the part where Datu thinks Randy said something to him. Randy definitely tells Datu to "Go". It then sounds like Randy pats down Datu, as if searching for something, then says something else, but I can't figure out what he is saying....
    Last edited by Gooer; Jan 1st, 2014 at 07:33 AM.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

I have to hand it to all the We're Alive talent for doing such a great job, buuuuuttttt................. I'm gonna rib Jim Gleason a bit for his screaming in pain in this episode.

Here is a new poll to pick the We're Alive Scream Queen.

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/s...E-SCREAM-QUEEN
    Likes COsurvivor liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked
    We're alive a story of how Michael Cross kills the rest of humanity with his poor decisions

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Every decision we make have unexpected consequences.

RIP Datu

But I would Bite Michale for being a little bitch
    Likes kent17 liked this post
    “Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying...”

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit View Post
    One theory I just thought about. What if Randy saved Michael somehow at the waterworks but got bit/scratched in the process; he asks Michael to shoot him so he doesn't turn into a zed but Michael can't stomach to shoot his savior (similar to how he won't shoot Datu now even though the other soldiers want to). Randy turns and Michael feels guilty that he let him turn into a zombie and others have died because he couldn't pull the trigger before. Now he is trying to right his own wrong, but he can't tell anyone because then people would blame him for some of what is happening. And we know Michael doesn't like to take blame (jambalaya MRE wrapper anyone? Didn't read Carl's report about little ones turning people into other little ones?)
    Finally, I get one of my theories right

A new episode comes out and gets released early even, and I still don't get a chance to listen to it for a few days... you just can't win.

I am glad to get clarification on what happened to Michael's arm and background on Randy. I see a lot of people talking on here about Randy maybe siding with the humans and I can't seem to get my head around that. How do the actions of Randy show that he may be siding with the humans? Trying to take Tanya, attacking the Colony, biting Datu.... where/how have any of his actions benefited the humans? KC is amazing and we may find out later that that is true and I just can't seem to get above it all and see the whole picture, but for now it just doesn't seem logical.

I am hoping that the tests on Datu's blood reveal something important that show that Datu is not in fact turning, or is turning REALLY slowly. Datu says that he will fix the water pump, but he wants Michael to take him out before he has a chance to turn. That is a balancing act of how long to let him work and when to pull the plug.

I find the change in Puck's attitude interesting. Last time they seemed pissed at Michael for not blowing Datu's head off on the spot. Now he seems sympathetic and even volunteers to help draw his blood? People's mind and moods can change but it just seemed a pretty drastic swing of the pendulum. Maybe he just is seeing what Michael was feeling, or maybe he wants Datu around now after hearing CJ's story about the water situation and so he gets why we still need King Datu to finish the job. I don't know.
    [FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Meat and Girth [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:squint:

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast