User Tag List

Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    I agree with you mostly, but i think another change in management isn't right, considering its happened so many times....don't think either CJ or Michael will quickly relinquish their roles of power.
    They wouldn't have to relinquish it really. CJ is not in a position physically to stop anyone from doing anything, all she has is a mental edge over people. If she loses that or it becomes insignificant in the face of other mistakes, she has nothing left. For michael it is kinda the same boat. We saw what happened with Burt in the tower, once nobody wanted to follow Michael anymore he really didn't have anything over them. You are only a leader if there are people willing to follow you. If Puck, Muldoon and Robbins decide not to follow Michael anymore then honestly what can he do? He has nothing on them.

Perhaps not so much a change in leadership, more of a collapse in leadership is a more appropriate way of saying it.

Not sure how a zombie would gather information on a persons blood type, since i don't think people with different blood types give off different smells (although i could be wrong).
    Maybe it is not intentional before hand on who turns and gets eaten. Perhaps they sink their teeth in, if it tastes good they keep eating, if not they move on to the next one? I don't know just spitballing some ideas here
    Likes kent17 liked this post
    [FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Meat and Girth [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:squint:

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit View Post
    From what Tanya gathers while doing research on the girl brought back is that the K18 levels are a byproduct of whatever causes the change, and once the change is complete the K18 returns to normal. But whatever actually causes the change she has not been able to find. Also whatever causes the change also leads to a complete restructure of some organs; if I remember right she mentions enlarged lungs and heart and additional arteries and aorta and hardened skin, so despite if it starts in the blood, eventually it leads to a change in the actual tissue and muscle of the body, so I wouldn't be able to see how a blood transfusion would stop it.
    - I am not 100% sold on it yet, but I think there could be something to the blood type theory as to who gets turned and who gets eaten and who are the slow turners etc. Maybe some people are tastier than others and it has to do with their blood type. Maybe some people are more susceptible to turning based on blood type. Not sure yet.
    Also, i think the slow turning/(hopefully)immunity has to do with blood type, not who gets eaten/infected. Not sure how a zombie would gather information on a persons blood type, since i don't think people with different blood types give off different smells (although i could be wrong).
    I thought I might have a deeper look into this... I am of the train of thought that transfusions from specific people just might confer at least slow turner status, if not actual immunity. Given that transfusions are already used for the treatment of many conditions, such as the lack of certain antibodies, it seemed plausible.
    Maybe, just maybe I thought there could be a rare blood factor that may contribute to this. I already know there is more to blood typing than just the letter and +/- as in addition to my ABO type and Rh type, I also know my RhD type. (A subset of Rh)

So, I looked up Human blood group systems for some insight... F*ck, what a can of worms this turned out to be.

Blood typing and Human blood factors are a mire of complex sub types. First, the ABO blood group system yields part of the blood type scheme that everyone is familiar with: A, B, AB and O. Then there is the Rhesus or Rh factor, that is identified with the +/-, the other part we are familiar with. Then there's RhD factor I mentioned above. Then I found out that in ABO, there are the A1, A2, A1B and A2B subtypes, four of the more "common" of the more than 200 minor blood groups. Then, there's the Oh (Bombay) blood type. Lastly, there are thirty more blood group factor identifiers.

I'm not going to bother with the math, but I think that comes out to be something on the order of a few hundred million different combinations of blood type factors.

So... could it be possible that someone may have antibodies in their blood, a blood type factor (known or unknown) that grants immunity? Given the complexity of human blood, sure. I'll buy that for a Dollar.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    I thought I might have a deeper look into this... I am of the train of thought that transfusions from specific people just might confer at least slow turner status, if not actual immunity. Given that transfusions are already used for the treatment of many conditions, such as the lack of certain antibodies, it seemed plausible.
    Maybe, just maybe I thought there could be a rare blood factor that may contribute to this. I already know there is more to blood typing than just the letter and +/- as in addition to my ABO type and Rh type, I also know my RhD type. (A subset of Rh)

So, I looked up Human blood group systems for some insight... F*ck, what a can of worms this turned out to be.

Blood typing and Human blood factors are a mire of complex sub types. First, the ABO blood group system yields part of the blood type scheme that everyone is familiar with: A, B, AB and O. Then there is the Rhesus or Rh factor, that is identified with the +/-, the other part we are familiar with. Then there's RhD factor I mentioned above. Then I found out that in ABO, there are the A1, A2, A1B and A2B subtypes, four of the more "common" of the more than 200 minor blood groups. Then, there's the Oh (Bombay) blood type. Lastly, there are thirty more blood group factor identifiers.

I'm not going to bother with the math, but I think that comes out to be something on the order of a few hundred million different combinations of blood type factors.

So... could it be possible that someone may have antibodies in their blood, a blood type factor (known or unknown) that grants immunity? Given the complexity of human blood, sure. I'll buy that for a Dollar.

As always, nice research!!

I don't believe we will find a cure for the outbreak; our only chance I think is to eliminate all current carriers or let them starve out or something and then prevent re-introduction. But I do think there may be something in the blood to form an immunity or may be what is causing the 'slow-turners'
    [FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Meat and Girth [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:squint:

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    They wouldn't have to relinquish it really. CJ is not in a position physically to stop anyone from doing anything, all she has is a mental edge over people. If she loses that or it becomes insignificant in the face of other mistakes, she has nothing left. For michael it is kinda the same boat. We saw what happened with Burt in the tower, once nobody wanted to follow Michael anymore he really didn't have anything over them. You are only a leader if there are people willing to follow you. If Puck, Muldoon and Robbins decide not to follow Michael anymore then honestly what can he do? He has nothing on them.

Perhaps not so much a change in leadership, more of a collapse in leadership is a more appropriate way of saying it.

Maybe it is not intentional before hand on who turns and gets eaten. Perhaps they sink their teeth in, if it tastes good they keep eating, if not they move on to the next one? I don't know just spitballing some ideas here
    Once again, I have to agree. You thought about it better than i did. And i think it does have something to do with blood types. Hopefully, all the answers will be revealed when this (unfortunately) ends...
    Last edited by Gooer; Dec 20th, 2013 at 04:19 PM.
    Likes Unit liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    I was talking about that with Liam in the VIP room. It seems like no matter what she says or does, as long as she shows any opposition to Michael or other established characters, she will be hated.
    I was actually pleasantly surprised by her this chapter. I'm a die-hard Michael fan but I love how she defended herself when he accused her of not caring. Like her as a person or not, I easily respect her as a leader. Especially in the position she's in right now. She's doing well!
    I was so heartbroken by this instalment and even more depressed that it's going to be two weeks for the next one. I also couldn't stop wondering what Burt and Riley are up to (probably planning a nice Christmas dinner with Scratch) and what will happen to Tanya.
    Speaking of Tanya, can someone please explain the significance of her having to cut her hair? I remember that she got it caught on something in a previous chapter but it's being brought up in a "no no" kind of way. What am I missing?
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    "Shoot that bitch in the face!"

"No fuckin' love, I tell ya. Y'all fuckin' stink anyway."
    In the words of the great scbubba: Long live the Puck!!!

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by Alizée View Post
    I was actually pleasantly surprised by her this chapter. I'm a die-hard Michael fan but I love how she defended herself when he accused her of not caring. Like her as a person or not, I easily respect her as a leader. Especially in the position she's in right now. She's doing well!
    I was so heartbroken by this instalment and even more depressed that it's going to be two weeks for the next one. I also couldn't stop wondering what Burt and Riley are up to (probably planning a nice Christmas dinner with Scratch) and what will happen to Tanya.
    Speaking of Tanya, can someone please explain the significance of her having to cut her hair? I remember that she got it caught on something in a previous chapter but it's being brought up in a "no no" kind of way. What am I missing?
    She cut it so no one would question why she had a random chunk of hair missing, so she could hide the fact that she went to Inglewood without permission, as she was not supposed to go there.
    Likes Storm, Unit liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

- I think CJ's care and emotional response about the colony was fake. I think she is a manipulator and she was using random facts she had documented in her files to elicit a response and get people on her side. That being said, I also don't think what happened to Glen, Jay and Datu is at all her fault.
    Normally she manipulates people when shit hits the fan (look at that, I can do it normally) or when things are at stake. This time, though, there was nothing like that. So in my humble opinion I would buy her seriousness about this.

- Pegs will become CJ's new head of PR for the Colony to keep people from ousting CJ or running off and leaving her holding the crutches alone.
    I don't see any necessity for this.

[
    - Even King Datu the Resourceful will not be able to get the water pump working. We are already moving towards running out of supplies in the Colony and we need something to force the story forward. If we have plenty of food growing and now milk and a way to get meat through animal reproduction, we are getting might comfortable... we need something to drive this story towards the end in the last 8 chapters.
    Agreed.

- I don't think Randy had anything to do with the attack, but I do think that the attack on the pump was orchestrated. I am leaning towards a combination of depriving the colony of water and possibly of supplying water to the biters.
    Part one: Yes, I think so, too, 'cause normally Randy is being mentioned with specific descriptions; but this time there was nothing like that.
    Part two: I tend do agree, but I am not certain.

- I am not 100% sold on it yet, but I think there could be something to the blood type theory as to who gets turned and who gets eaten and who are the slow turners etc. Maybe some people are tastier than others and it has to do with their blood type. Maybe some people are more susceptible to turning based on blood type. Not sure yet.
    Me, too. There must be a reason why turning works different on people. And except for blood or more generally spoken genetical reasons I don't see a solid ground how else this variety may be explained.

- I agree Puck is getting fed up with Michael. The newlywed stage is fading. Michael is starting to pile up with mistakes in their eyes. I can see some changes in management comeing across the board (with CJ in the colony and with Michael and the soldiers). Perhaps that is part of the Ch title too? The storm coming for the different divisions within our group of survivors? Perhaps we get a glimpse of Scratch in this ch too and we see that her leadership is failing too and the remaining band of mallers are looking to replace her?
    Yesterday I listened to the latest WA Fancast. And in that episode they talked a lot about Michael loosing control over himself. And that made me think: While Michael was kind of constructed as "the" or at least "a" hero during the season #1 through #3, he gets deconstructed since the beginning of season #4. While season #3 ended with him telling his mates and the audience that there would be a u-turn in strategy, which in return raised the expectations that the fight would be brought onto the doorsteps of them zeehs, he was reduced and limited right from the beginning of this season - only a functional role within the Colony, not a leader at all, no loyalty in front of CJ by simply ignoring her or Pegs's calls, frenzy-maniac action with Randy, this *tilt* with CJ in front of the majority of the named characters on this show, and finally letting down Victor for whatever unknown reason ... This is strange. So yes, I agree with you to a certain degree.

And I am sorry for delays in the reptrivia quizzes too, I'll get some set up tonight or tomorrow so check back and test your skills!!!
    No worries, mate. Your quizzes are awesome. If there are delays, there are delays. No reason to rush things.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Unit liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by Alizée View Post
    I loved CJ's composure. She gets manhandled by Michael and has the presence to not escalate and in fact defuses the situation. I see a lot of myself in Michael, but that scene with CJ, where there is a tinge of disgust in her voice, because she isn't Mr Spock and cannot hide it all is classic me.

Michael would fly off the handle... "Don't you touch me, don't you fuckin touch me..." and things would have gone from bad to worse.
    Last edited by Grognaurd; Dec 21st, 2013 at 05:04 AM.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Alizée, Unit liked this post

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

I'm so far behind on this thread its making my head spin trying to keep up!
    Likes Unit, Gooer liked this post
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:

Ugh, mixed emotions. In my opinion, just because you know stuff about someone, doesn't mean you care about them. I know tons of people that i hate, but i still know stuff about them. And with Michael, it's sort of the opposite, he used to care about them, despite not getting to know everybody, but since the start of the hunt for the zombies, he has been too absorbed by it, making it his one priority, or at least that's what we've been shown.
    Likes Storm, Unit liked this post

Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast