User Tag List

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi there.

About the behaviour of Randy's I started (and about an hour later recreated) a poll. You may want to vote HERE.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

And another comment:

I really, really, really like the picture for chapter #39. It really frightens the shit out of me - not only because of the beast (maybe) under the cloth, but also because of the deadly cold atmosphere.

In connection with #39-1 it reveals the dark sides of the human survivors. I mean: Hello? The woman was not turned yet, but only in the process of turning. And what, if a medication like the one Saul received months ago would have made the difference? And then, although the red-shirted woman was neither a zombie (yet) nor dead (!!!), Tanya cut her open in order to check the shit out of her ... Holy shit ... What's going to happen next? Frankenstein is a kindergarden-cop compared with Tanya ...
    Or in simpler words: Have the survivors or at least Tanya turned into a monster? Or do scientific causes justify any means?

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Likes HardKor liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    And another comment:

I really, really, really like the picture for chapter #39. It really frightens the shit out of me - not only because of the beast (maybe) under the cloth, but also because of the deadly cold atmosphere.

In connection with #39-1 it reveals the dark sides of the human survivors. I mean: Hello? The woman was not turned yet, but only in the process of turning. And what, if a medication like the one Saul received months ago would have made the difference? And then, although the red-shirted woman was neither a zombie (yet) nor dead (!!!), Tanya cut her open in order to check the shit out of her ... Holy shit ... What's going to happen next? Frankenstein is a kindergarden-cop compared with Tanya ...
    Or in simpler words: Have the survivors or at least Tanya turned into a monster? Or do scientific causes justify any means?

Best wishes!
    Liam
    I agree on the artwork. I actually didn't see it until this morning. Chilling!

I like your take on the dark side of Team Human (or at least Dr Doom over there). Someone else mentioned how quickly she went for the euthanasia on Amy (and maybe the slow turner back at the Colony) and how fast she jumped on slicing and dicing here. She even flat out says she wasn't trying to save the girl. Everyone else seems to be in the "kill for survival" mode, so it's tough to say that they are turning to the Dark Side. And Tanya (and maybe some others around her) probably feels that the (hoped for) ends justify the potentially deplorable means, but Evil has a way of creeping in like that. Baby steps to the Dark Side....

As I mentioned above, I'm not sure we have any Tanya journal entries at all in the show so far. No voice overs for sure. No times where she was the only one there. No flashbacks to her time in the Colony before breaking out to the Tower. No discussion of her isolation at Ft Irwin other than interactions with Michael. What other "main" character doesn't have any journal entries?

I feel like Tanya has a major role to play in this story. Perhaps one of the biggest behind #1 hero vs #1 villain (whoever they turn out to be....)
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

So, Tanya and Saul may end like this?

Tanya: "I am your mother."
    Saul: "Noooooo!"
    Likes Storm, scbubba liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    "Normally its protocol just to shoot her too"

Jesus no decency anymore...at least wait until she turns Michael.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    And another comment:

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Humanity is stagnating, not degenerating in WA. Tanya started by conduiting a Biopsy which turned (pun!) into an autopsy. It worries me that there already exists a so-called "procedure coding system" concering biopsies:

ICD-10-PCS 0?D???X (without force),
    0?B???X (with force)

And that is what scares me.
    Likes scbubba liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points3 months registeredLoved

I've lost track of all the sub-threads here, so hopefully nobody's already said this:

I'm starting to agree with the folks getting creeped out by Tanya. I didn't think much of it while listening, because I know what it's like to get a rush out of experimental progress in science. Now I'm wondering if perhaps she knows more about Z-day that she's said.

What we know:

1. She's a vet.
    2. She's been bitten.
    3. She's either turning slowly or not at all.
    4. She gave drugs to Saul that were supposedly potent antibiotics.
    5. She has iffy bedside manner.
    6. She's getting a rush from her autopsies and experiments.

What if she worked for Raydon, or some associated or subsidiary company? What if she was doing animal experiments that somehow precipitated Z-day? What if she didn't just give antibiotics to Saul? What if she has some idea of how to stop or reverse the transformation/mutation effects of the "zombifying" vector (be it gas, virus, bacteria, whatever) because she helped develop (or at least test) it?

Did Tanya work for Weyland-Yutani Corporation?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    --tanya and her lab--
    so in taynas lab, perhaps the most noticeable of information we got was the tests she ran on that hot girl. the numbers we are given are 195 at zero minutes, 375 at 20 minutes. so an increase of nine per minute. the figure we did not hear that probly would have been important was test number 3 at 22 minutes. at that rate typical reaction would be for this number to be 393. personally, I bet its more like 465. why? exponential growth... without getting all technical about my job, chemical reactions(seewhatididthere) in the dairy industry, primarily in the production of sour cream see that type of growth of cultures and "good bacteria" once the cultures reach a point where they have control,they essentially explode...its crazy looking in a tank of sour cream at eleven hours...then looking at twelve, hell you could probly stand there and watch it grow. want to try it at home? pour red bull in 2% milk...give it awhile//scary shit.

but the idea of tanyas unknown tests, along with my obsession with the ant thing led me down a road to find this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anion_gap

which leads to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketoacid

which, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carboxylic_acid

and so on....seeing a trend here yet?

im not 100% on any of this just yet. right now I don't feel like we have quite enough info to fully jump down this rabbithole. but im willing to hang my feet over the edge.
    So, forgive me if I parsed out your post a bit incorrectly. Here's my take: The anion gap is not what is being reported because the numbers are just so dang high. But, ketoacids are produced in large quantities in diabetic ketoacidosis resulting from....a hyperglycemic state.

Also, 3 notes about formic acid. One, it is the byproduct of methanol (moonshine/wood alcohol) metabolism that causes blindness. But, you wouldn't see the cloudiness in the eyes from the way formic acid causes blindness, unlike cataracts. Two, I think in the cases of poisoning, one of the key ingredients is a confined space, which we don't see with the turning zombies since they're usually out in the open. Three, I can't find confirmation quickly, but if what we're seeing is methanol or formic acid poisoning, neither of those would result in a hyperglycemic state, they would actually go in the opposite direction.

I guess my feet are dangling over this ledge too, but we'll see how the next couple of chapters play out.

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post

I like your take on the dark side of Team Human (or at least Dr Doom over there). Someone else mentioned how quickly she went for the euthanasia on Amy (and maybe the slow turner back at the Colony) and how fast she jumped on slicing and dicing here. She even flat out says she wasn't trying to save the girl. Everyone else seems to be in the "kill for survival" mode, so it's tough to say that they are turning to the Dark Side. And Tanya (and maybe some others around her) probably feels that the (hoped for) ends justify the potentially deplorable means
    To be fair, Tanya euthanized Amy after Michael was ready to shoot her. I interpreted that as her trying to take a more humane route for a required end, especially with someone who was still mostly human. Personally, I wonder if she didn't euthanize this girl off-screen. Unless she's gone really far over to the dark side, I think it would be difficult for a vet to intentionally cause unnecessary pain to any living/semi-living/not totally dead creature.
    Likes 7oddisdead, Cabbage Patch liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    So my "jump to" conclusion is: this all (zombie disaster) happened because of either some disaster / intentional plan of one person at Raydon labs. Surprise me writers!

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

From Liam's poll: I like the idea of Randy using humans to do his dirty work.

I'mma just leave this here for you Mikey. Now figure out a cure. Probably not the case, but I love the idea.
    Likes Merlin1274, scbubba liked this post
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast