User Tag List

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Jannit View Post
    Not necessarily. We could see a new addition to the journalers (I know that's not a real word but it works) later on that fills in the blanks the same way Kalani did with the mallers.
    I vote that Journalers be entered into the Hall of Records as an Official We're Alive Sniglet.
    Likes Hoff4D, Red Shirt, scbubba, Jannit liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    A thought has surfaced in my mind that I think the forum should look into. The PoV for season 3. We have Michael (duh), Saul, Burt, and Tanya. No one else. Pegs, Victor, Kelly, Riley, Soliders, Hope, and even Datu haven't narrated so far. I know we're only in the first chapter, but I think it should be considered when thinking about Group splits. Out of the Tower Folk there are only 4 that kept to journaling extensively. Lizzy even stopped it seems, and she was one who was all gung ho for Journaling after she was evicted from the Tower.

With this in mind it leads me to think that Burt and Riley will run off after Scratch on their own, and after she is dead, Burt will return alone with his tale.

Also Since we haven't heard from any of the solider's perspective I don't think they will survive to the end. It would make sense for Michael to have them all in the report making routine, so why haven't we heard from them. Again I understand we are only three episodes into the final season (that kinda hurt to type), but we haven't even heard a peep from their PoV.

Finally (and after a lot more thought), I'm sticking to my thinking that Michael will bargain for Saul and Victor to stay. And more over, convince her (or atleast make her very upset at the compromise) to let them stay under Michael's command (which they already are).

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

I dunno guys. The whole Colony/Dunbar split, Who goes/Who stays thing seems too obvious as a major conflict based on CJ's grudge. Hopefully the Colonists are not so blind as to let the Military & Medical expertise leave based on one person's grudge. See how she used her new authority for personal use by telling the guys that the Colonists just elected her Empress. Talk about you benevolent dictators.

It just seems too simplistic for the conflict to result in that kind of split. Like everyone's been saying, I doubt Saul & Victor are gonna leave without saying why. When the reason get out, crap is gonna happen. This seems like the simplest course. I think KC is setting us up for crazy chaos just to reveal a simpler solution.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: ZombieMorbid
    listened to the episode again... I have to say the scene with Burt. and Riley is probably in the running for most powerful scene in the series thus far.. I mean there is so much emotion in her words. especially. the lines" I can't. .I don't care..I don't care about their stupid fucking farm and their stupid fucking wall" and then the last line" ....fuck them" ... just a very powerful scene. I really can't wait to see how it goes.
    "You may find me dead in a ditch one day...But by God you'll find me in a pile of brass!"

The hardest part about the Zombie Apocalypse will be pretending that i'm [I][B]NOT [/B][/I]excited!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    I dunno guys. The whole Colony/Dunbar split, Who goes/Who stays thing seems too obvious as a major conflict based on CJ's grudge. Hopefully the Colonists are not so blind as to let the Military & Medical expertise leave based on one person's grudge. See how she used her new authority for personal use by telling the guys that the Colonists just elected her Empress. Talk about you benevolent dictators.

It just seems too simplistic for the conflict to result in that kind of split. Like everyone's been saying, I doubt Saul & Victor are gonna leave without saying why. When the reason get out, crap is gonna happen. This seems like the simplest course. I think KC is setting us up for crazy chaos just to reveal a simpler solution.
    The less interesting but possibly more likely scenario is that CJ ends up changing her mind about the banishment. She's got a lot more to lose than anyone else if things go down the way you mention here - and the way a lot of people have mentioned so far. Perhaps she calms down and reasons this idea through a bit more and comes to her senses. Considering all the trauma the girl has been through in the last couple of days it IS understandable that she might be a tad temperamental and overreact.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Th3_T3ch View Post

Just to set the story right, Victor didn't lie to CJ initially. He said the people who killed Sean were at the colony, he didn't say it was the Mallers until CJ asked directly.
    Lies of omission are still lies. Victor is very adept at this lying method thus far.

I like this episode. It makes my prediction heart warm and fuzzy. I've said Pete/Glenn would reveal Sean's demise to CJ because Victor and Saul certainly won't. Doesn't benefit them to do it. Speaking of liars, I buy Victor's apology re: Angel. It was genuine.

I am also doubling down on my theory that Scratch dies at Riley's hand and that Burt won't make it. This possibility just became about a 95% guarantee In my head.

CJ has displaced a metric boatload of anger. Think of what Riley said about angel...she's lost him again. CJ is going through the same thing but she has power which corrupts. There are millions of different punishments she could levy as leader but she's chosen the one that causes the most damage short of execution: banishment. I can understand why, but I feel like even she knows her reasoning is somewhat flawed. CJ didn't listen which resulted in CJ losing her leg. No one put her in that basement with Scratch but her. CJ assumed the Eastern Bay people killed Sean but never asked directly. Now she's mad about it.

Now as for the colonists: non resident exclusion? Really? It's so nice now that you've made the decision for them that you'll allow others to be involved. They really haven't learned a damn thing from the moment we've met them.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Big congrats to Mr. & Mrs. Wayland...aw, now I sound all late to the party and stuff...which I am...don't judge me!

It may be that we are all supposed to think the way most of you are thinking about CJ, but honestly, no matter how logically I'd try to think, I'd feel the same way she did (good writing). I think it's normal and way in character for her. She's a consistently portrayed as a passionately loyal lady. They essentially used her love and loyalty to Bricks to get what they wanted and she ended up losing her leg (It would really be interesting to learn that Bricks is still alive somewhere). She's working on her diplomacy but she still yells first, then rethinks and rejiggers.

Plus, she basically threw herself at Saul only to find out he might have been looking at her as just his ride over to his Girlfriend's house. Gotta sting.

Basically, we needed reasons for our group to separate. Looking at the voodoo stories I think Scratch and Ink will end up in some sort of final embrace.
    Last edited by Eviebae; Sep 9th, 2013 at 08:18 PM.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Lies of omission are still lies. Victor is very adept at this lying method thus far.
    But even Obi Wan Kenobi was forgiven by Luke when Old Ben admitted that he left some parts out of how Luke's father "died."

Man, I keep this up and people will accuse me of being the president of CJ's fan club. uh... no.
    Likes Bakkie-Pleur liked this post
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannit View Post
    The less interesting but possibly more likely scenario is that CJ ends up changing her mind about the banishment. She's got a lot more to lose than anyone else if things go down the way you mention here - and the way a lot of people have mentioned so far. Perhaps she calms down and reasons this idea through a bit more and comes to her senses. Considering all the trauma the girl has been through in the last couple of days it IS understandable that she might be a tad temperamental and overreact.
    This is an interesting idea, but I think it negates the setup from this episode. I think Saul and Victor at least are going to have to leave the Colony, at least for a time.

I am starting to think this is going to set up yet another Pegs/Michael argument. Because, first of all, there is no way Saul is going to be able to convince the Tower folks that he is leaving by his own choice. And once Saul lets on the reason he's leaving, Michael is going to want everyone from the old Tower/Ft. Irwin to go with them. Which is going to lead to Pegs declaring that she won't go and call Michael out on wanting to abandon everyone from the colony, again.
    And while they're fighting it out, and generally making everyone else feel all kinds of awkward, Saul will pull the same sort of thing Lizzy did when she got kicked out of the Tower: He'll say that, no, he doesn't want everyone go with them. He and Victor will go off on their own, and Michael and everyone else should stay at the Colony and defend it/take the war to the zombies/etc...But of course Lizzy will want to go with Saul and won't take no for an answer.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post

I agree it's pretty straight forward thinking. That doesn't mean it won't be true "somewhat". That is, maybe we have the splits like people are theorizing but the splits aren't permanent. Plenty of things can still happen to bring groups together or drive a wedge. I see the Colony paying a big price longer term. Too many people in one place. TOWTM won't be able to resist and he'll be better prepared to take a defended position this time....

Either way, storm's a comin'
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast