User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wnd #56

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Archlycan
    Max may just be a placeholder or behind the scenes character, much like the We're Alive version of a Red Shirt. Has it's uses but ultimately no relevance to the main plot.

I want to hear more about the Baseball cards banter. Puck is obviously a Geek of sorts especially as he clearly seems to be able to estimate the value of certain types of card.... next episode.. Saul vs Puck in a Pokemón Battle Royale!. Saul's Peeked-atchoo vs Puck's Vulvix
    Likes Alizée, Witch_Doctor liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

I wonder if Michael has any "nerdy" hobbies (read: not huffing lol). Saul and Angel are gamer nerds, Puck collects baseball cards, Victor is a Buffy fan. Let me know if I'm forgetting anyone else.
    I know that the line between military and civilian life is thin for Michael but there must be something.
    Likes scbubba, Witch_Doctor liked this post
    "Shoot that bitch in the face!"

"No fuckin' love, I tell ya. Y'all fuckin' stink anyway."
    In the words of the great scbubba: Long live the Puck!!!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    The video - I always felt that the information about Angel and his ultimate end would be discovered before it was revealed by Victor. If Vic was going to tell them, he would have done it already. I know a lot has happened in a few days but he could have at least told Saul before. The knowledge of what happened to Angel and that Victor was hiding it will stir up trouble of course. Michael and the Fort Irwin Towerites hadn't had any interaction with her or the Mallers since the Tower fell. Saul and Victor (and Lizzie) did in the very recent past. Will the video stir up a big revenge impulse in our heroes? Not sure. I think we will have a Scratch story arc resolution with or without the video.
    For me the bigger story is, what was Victor really protecting? Was it the circumstances around Angel's demise (even though he was thought to be dead already) or perhaps some tie in with the Family. Maybe Victor's "insurance salesman" job was a protection racket for an organized crime group like maybe, the Family... Or even something more sinister...
    Yo Ho Ho, let's give Victor a bottle of rum for keeping secrets of dead men in a chest. Sean, Angel, Tupac & Biggie. Don't forget, "Ix-nay on the Hombre..." (Wait, did he know about the Lewis ploy?) Maybe he just doesn't like talking about dead people (Like his wife. How did she die?)

Here's Victor delivering a eulogy at a funeral:"Um,.... now is not the best time."
    Likes Raven liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Alizée View Post
    I wonder if Michael has any "nerdy" hobbies (read: not huffing lol). Saul and Angel are gamer nerds, Puck collects baseball cards, Victor is a Buffy fan. Let me know if I'm forgetting anyone else.
    I know that the line between military and civilian life is thin for Michael but there must be something.
    Hmm, CJ is obviously a Zombie/Apocalypse Prepper.
    Glenn is an Old-School, Ham Radio, Build-a-battery-out-of-a-potato, Radio Shack Junkie.
    Muldoon loves making lame wisecracks at Robins' expense.
    Remember Tanya's excitement at finding flesh on the zombie's toe bone that Michael gave her in her cell? I'm sure she would make a fun date. "Hey baby, are you gonna eat that steak or just dissect it all night?"

The only nerdy quality that I can see in Michael is that he's a grown ass hetero-sexual man who's afraid of catching cooties. Come on now Mikey, nobody is gonna tease you for liking girls.
    Likes Eviebae, scbubba, Alizée, Red Shirt liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

I guess he just doesn't care that much about it... Or maybe my little Michael/Kimmet theory is actually true, and now Kimmet's sitting all alone on the pink mushroom cloud they should have shared...
    Nah, I just think he doesn't care about it. He's probably thinking more about how to get through all the shit that's happening around them. Then again, they need to repopulate the earth at one point, after all there's only about 20 left that we know of...
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Alizée liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I guess he just doesn't care that much about it... Or maybe my little Michael/Kimmet theory is actually true, and now Kimmet's sitting all alone on the pink mushroom cloud they should have shared...
    Nah, I just think he doesn't care about it. He's probably thinking more about how to get through all the shit that's happening around them. Then again, they need to repopulate the earth at one point, after all there's only about 20 left that we know of...
    Sorry! I'm regretting deleting my comment now! I had deleted it because I remembered that at the very beginning he could "think of another thing ... but that would have to wait".

The comment just basically threw out the idea that Michael might be gay. Storm, I think you're right. He's got so much other stuff going on around him, not to mention the responsibility he carries.
    And LMAO at the Kimmet/Michael theory!
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    "Shoot that bitch in the face!"

"No fuckin' love, I tell ya. Y'all fuckin' stink anyway."
    In the words of the great scbubba: Long live the Puck!!!

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Alizée View Post
    Sorry! I'm regretting deleting my comment now! I had deleted it because I remembered that at the very beginning he could "think of another thing ... but that would have to wait".

The comment just basically threw out the idea that Michael might be gay. Storm, I think you're right. He's got so much other stuff going on around him, not to mention the responsibility he carries.
    And LMAO at the Kimmet/Michael theory!
    I'm regretting not replying with a quote But yeah...
    And yeah, he's too occupied (spelled?) in his role as a leader to really think about any kind of romantic relationship. If only he would let himself relax a bit... And now Saul's nearby again, so he can get all the pancakes he wants when he wakes up again, just like in the good old days... Or... Well, something like that.
    I'm not exactly sure how it'll go from here, but Vic is making me a little worried... Maybe he's just trying to help Michael, or... Hmm... Balance of power...
    Then again, I also have a hard time seeing the survivers split up once again, I don't really think we have time for that to happen with only one season left. They might just go to Dunbar and then just use the colony as a garden, or maybe just abbandon it.
    I'm looking forward to see what role CJ will play, though. I thought the only important thing left about her was the code to her safe... Well, and her intelligence, but still.
    Maybe she'll be the one talking to Skittles next time he shows up. I kinda like that idea, after all she knew him from when he was normal. Well, Hope did too, but still.
    What ever happens I'm sure it's going to be awesome.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Alizée liked this post

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

The Michael/Kimmet theory made me chuckle....

I believe the term for Michael is "emotionally unavailable." He's doesn't want anyone to know anything about how he feels or what his past is. He has either shame over his past or he may have lots of unresolved issues, romantic or otherwise.

PTSD can manifest in this sort of emotionally unavailability for some people. I know some guys (Vietnam Vets) who were diagnosed with PTSD (after almost 30 years) and a couple of them mentioned that they have a hard time connecting with people on more than a superficial level because of what's going on in their heads. They can get by mostly by focusing on tasks (big or small) and less on the people doing the tasks. Many simply want to work on things alone (and have had very successful single person businesses).

Anyway, my thought is that Michael realizes that he wants to have a relationship with Pegs, doesn't know how to have one, knows he royally screwed up, and is putting himself at least somewhat out there. Pegs, to her credit, recognizes the issues to some degree and figures that it can't end well. She can't effectively "save" Michael.

The horrors of the past 8 months have caused them both to grow up. Michael only a little but Pegs a whole lot. She went from insecure, clingy girl with hearts in her eyes to stronger young woman who has realized that she is stronger than she thought she was.

Anyway, that's my (totally unqualified) psychoanalysis of the situation....
    Likes Grognaurd, Witch_Doctor, Alizée, Storm liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    We have discussed balance of power between Biters and humans, mallers/colonies/towers, etc.

I also see it WITHIN the group of our main characters. I feel for Michael, the tower became his "family" the army took it away from him and once again he finds himself outside looking in.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, scbubba, Alizée liked this post

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Nurse brit should make a come back and seduce our heart broken sergeant.
    A Sig what now?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast