User Tag List

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by EpiEpee View Post
    2- Why exactly has Victor been trying so hard to not have Angel's death come up? I get that he didn't want to ruin the reunion, but he still doesn't want to let Michael know now? Why does he feel so responsible? Is there something in Victor's past that is making him feel responsible now?

And finally, lame joke on balance of power: chloroform makes CJ dizzy-just one more way she's a bit off-balance now.
    Victor says at the end that he wanted everything to settle down before he told them about Angel.

Also, think I heard on WND that the title for this episode is a double meaning :P

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    Victor says at the end that he wanted everything to settle down before he told them about Angel.

Also, think I heard on WND that the title for this episode is a double meaning :P

I know Victor says he wanted to let everything settle down, but I guess I agree with NikVoodoo that there was never really was going to be a good time to tell people about Angel. I just thought maybe there were additional reasons for the secrecy, especially given our lack of knowledge of Victor's back story (if you don't believe he was an insurance salesman, which I think is still up for debate).

And yes, the chloroform comment was a reference to the acknowledged double meaning. Maybe I should have been clearer :-)
    Likes Red Shirt, Z Sniper liked this post

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post

Cue the over reactions to Pegs. It's a valid point she makes, and she was cold to Michael but surprise surprise: Michale still doesn't really get it. Puck is a nice addition to Michael's life because he barely knows pegs vs. other main characters.

Victor is in a tough spot. Having the Sean knowledge is hard enough, having Angel is another. He probably thinks its best to not bring it up and let everyone think Angel died in the tower collapse. He's right, there needed to be a better time to bring it up and that time was probably never.

Watch out now....Victor and Pegs characters are taking the turn into gaining depth. That means these loveable characters are going to gain a nastier edge we may not like as listeners. Especially Victor.
    I agree. I am not sure how this is all going to go down, but my feeling is that Michael is really going to have to learn how to ask for help. He has shown us that he can, but trust and emotional connection are what I think he still needs. This includes both Pegs and Victor and the entire group of survivors he wants to lead/help.
    Last edited by cupcakezombie; Sep 2nd, 2013 at 12:24 PM.
    Likes Alizée, Red Shirt, Z Sniper, Litmaster liked this post

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I also want to say the audio "trick" with CJ going under listening to music fading into the pulsating tone was very well done.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by EpiEpee View Post
    I know Victor says he wanted to let everything settle down, but I guess I agree with NikVoodoo that there was never really was going to be a good time to tell people about Angel. I just thought maybe there were additional reasons for the secrecy, especially given our lack of knowledge of Victor's back story (if you don't believe he was an insurance salesman, which I think is still up for debate). )
    For Victor this knowledge really is power, but remember that Lizzy also has this knowledge as well, so it is not just him holding it back right now. however, given Vics reaction it may not be just that this is not the right time, but not the right time for him..

In a way there were a lot of subtle shifts of power in this episode, CJ needing Saul (even though she never said it, she was asking him for help), Michael and Pegs (he will have to chase her now if he wants anything) and Victor and Michael (I am not sure Victor is going to be content to just follow any more)
    Likes Bakkie-Pleur, Witch_Doctor, Z Sniper liked this post

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

The Lit-Treatise for 37-2

C.J. and Saul
    It definitely sounded like there was something more than mere friendship going on between C.J. and Saul just before she went under the knife. We know about her attraction, but his "I'm not going anywhere" was kind of surprising. Would add an interesting twist if C.J. tries to kiss him again and is overseen by Lizzy...

Impending Power Struggle

Something has got to be done about the leadership of the Colony; this egalitarian honeymoon period isn't going to last long. But it's true that Michael has a bit too much baggage to be an effective leader of the Colony people (how many are there, anyway?). Still, what is the alternative? Burt isn't going to do it, and there is no suitable rival to Michael's claim to leadership...

...except C.J., who is ideally suited to be the 'mind' of the operation, particularly since her body is now compromised. She was always shit at execution, anyway. My guess is there is going to be a brief period of 'divided camps' with the Towerites / Irwinites / Colonites separating in their respective groups, then a town hall meeting of sorts to vote for a suitable leader, which should end up being C.J., if any of those dumbasses value their lives...

Saul... What's Up with the Music, dude?
    What's up with Saul's shitty 1980's-era Buttrock? I would've taken him for a hip hop or R&B man... maybe 'smooth jazz' or something. But that shit was just horrible! [uh, and sorry Kc if I just insulted your cousin's band; understand you can't use licensed music in the podcast]. And did you guys catch the lyrics? Something about getting back at some 'holly roller'; could this have some deeper meaning in terms of the plot?

Actor's Recording Schedule
    This point occurred to me from hearing Riley deliver only, what, 2 lines in this episode. So in terms of a recording schedule, I'm guessing that Kc would have had Claire Dodin recording these lines in a previous session... perhaps even during the recording of last season's finale. I doubt he would ask her to drive an hour or so all the way over to the studio to just give 2 lines and that's it. I'd be interested to hear how Kc coordinates his recording schedule in these instances... [if he doesn't answer here I'll just re-post in the 'Ask Him Yourself' thread]

Pegs is a HO

It seems that Muldoon has accidentally come across a picture of Pegs from back in her Boulder days:
    SPOILER 

Angel--Revenge Motive?
    I don't necessarily think that the discovery of Angel's execution is going to lead to a witch hunt of Scratch and the remaining Mallers. It just doesn't make any sense and would be a foolish risk at this point. I do think it's probably that we may get a partial glimpse into Scratch's current doings so the story doesn't go stale with the camera entirely on the Colony clean-up efforts.

Puck is Da MAN!
    And finally, Puck deserves the 'Dean Martin Toast of Approval' for his 'Mad Men'-esque usage of the word "BROAD"...
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Sep 2nd, 2013 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Add spoiler tags to NSFW image
    Likes Arch_Will, Alizée, Merlin1274, Z Sniper liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I listened to the episode at the gym. Yes, Victor is gaining more depth, he got a new facade, he is concerned about the whole colony situation. Very interesting.

And guys, come on, do not blame Michael for everything. He has not changed that much over the seasons. So it is feasible to adapt to such kind of behavior. However, he (maybe unwillingly) does what a leader has to do - which means that he sometimes has to serve as a lightning rod. Without him, he would not have a season 4.
    Likes Alizée, Z Sniper liked this post

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post

This point occurred to me from hearing Riley deliver only, what, 2 lines in this episode. So in terms of a recording schedule, I'm guessing that Kc would have had Claire Dodin recording these lines in a previous session... perhaps even during the recording of last season's finale. I doubt he would ask her to drive an hour or so all the way over to the studio to just give 2 lines and that's it. I'd be interested to hear how Kc coordinates his recording schedule in these instances... [if he doesn't answer here I'll just re-post in the 'Ask Him Yourself' thread]
    I'm pretty sure they record multiple chapters. So when they had their recording session they would have done 37&38.

Pegs is a HO
    See? Pegs overreaction!!
    Likes Arch_Will liked this post
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    C.J. and Saul
    It definitely sounded like there was something more than mere friendship going on between C.J. and Saul just before she went under the knife. We know about her attraction, but his "I'm not going anywhere" was kind of surprising. Would add an interesting twist if C.J. tries to kiss him again and is overseen by Lizzy...

Impending Power Struggle

Something has got to be done about the leadership of the Colony; this egalitarian honeymoon period isn't going to last long. But it's true that Michael has a bit too much baggage to be an effective leader of the Colony people (how many are there, anyway?). Still, what is the alternative? Burt isn't going to do it, and there is no suitable rival to Michael's claim to leadership...

...except C.J., who is ideally suited to be the 'mind' of the operation, particularly since her body is now compromised. She was always shit at execution, anyway. My guess is there is going to be a brief period of 'divided camps' with the Towerites / Irwinites / Colonites separating in their respective groups, then a town hall meeting of sorts to vote for a suitable leader, which should end up being C.J., if any of those dumbasses value their lives...

Saul... What's Up with the Music, dude?
    What's up with Saul's shitty 1980's-esque Buttrock? I would've taken him for a hip hop or R&B man... maybe 'smooth jazz' or something. But that shit was just horrible! [uh, and sorry Kc if I just insulted your cousin's band; understand you can't use licensed music in the podcast]. And did you guys catch the lyrics? Something about getting back at some 'holly roller'; could this have some deeper meaning in terms of the plot?

Pegs is a HO

It seems that Muldoon has accidentally come across a picture of Pegs from back in her Boulder days:
    SPOILER 

Angel--Revenge Motive?
    I don't necessarily think that the discovery of Angel's execution is going to lead to a witch hunt of Scratch and the remaining Mallers. It just doesn't make any sense and would be a foolish risk at this point. I do think it's probably that we may get a partial glimpse into Scratch's current doings so the story doesn't go stale with the camera entirely on the Colony clean-up efforts.

Puck is Da MAN!
    And finally, Puck deserves the 'Dean Martin Toast of Approval' for his 'Mad Men'-esque usage of the word "BROAD"...
    Your are so fucking excellent in so many ways. Cannot rep you at the moment, sorry!
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Sep 2nd, 2013 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Adding spoiler tags to quote
    Likes Litmaster liked this post

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I'm pretty sure they record multiple chapters. So when they had their recording session they would have done 37&38.

See? Pegs overreaction!!
    From what I understand, Nik is entirely correct. They record in big blocks, multiple chapters.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast