User Tag List

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    "Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Loving this thread. Just had to do some catch up on it.

On the DAH stuff, I think we might lay the Little Ones to rest on DAH since so many humans have become Little Ones in Season 3. Well the original 12(?) might have come from something else, it would seem odd that humans turn into exact replicas of them...

We never see Runners or Behemoths turn anyone. Tommy got turned by Jumper guts, if I recall correctly.

I think Behemoths have the best chance at not starting as people. They seem to have had the most differences from all the others.

As for general Infection theory, I like the alcohol angle. Esp. for Saul's non-reaction to his lead Zed injection. What if the alcohol managed to give thin out the Zed stuff and his damn good immune system was able to make some sort of antibodies. Similar to the way vaccines work. then we find out that Tanya is a closet lush who was also hammered when the slow turner bit her. So she gets the same antibodies (immune system like Saul's - where do you think he got it from?) Of course, we have no inclination that Tanya does/did drink.

Anyway, Saul obviously has something beyond just being drunk at the party in his favor - otherwise Ground Zero would have affected him. So we're back to a damned mystery!

Need to go back and check the LO autopsy episode. I don't think it mentioned Tanya getting into the brain of the LO and seeing what was in there or running tests on it. That's where I think the Zed stuff is focused. How it alters the whole body with no trace in the blood stream though... no clue. Radiation? Aliens? We'll have to wait and see I guess....
    Or the whole thing was caused by genetically enhanced food by Mosanto?

innovation - humans to zombies
    collaboration - smart ones
    speed - fast ones

And even Hugh Grant looks a bit like Pinstripes.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, PhysicsLB liked this post

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    What if each different zombie is a different strain of the original infection?

The vector is evolving with each infection, which creates these offshoot species. This would explain why jumpers disappeared: they have a higher caloric cost to function, but their ability to find prey dwindled as the population of humans dropped, leading to their "extinction". This could also explain why we weren't seeing anything like behemoths very early on, and why runners and jumpers (essentially souped up biters) were the first specials to show up. Now we have the "Little Ones", the cutting-edge in biological manipulation. They hold all the best traits of all the previous species: speed, agility, toughness, and intelligence! And they self propagate! The only thing any crazed evil genius would ever need!

In all seriousness though, it appears the "virus" is trying to improve the host body and, by extension, it's propagation through accelerated evolution. A "trial and error" of different assets. Runners and jumpers showed that imrpoved athleticism was effective in the early stages of a crumbled society. Behemoths showed that better toughness and strength made it easier to bust through defenses, and survive prolonged exposure to a settlement. The smart ones have obvious advantages, and the Little Ones combine all these aspects.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PhysicsLB View Post
    What if each different zombie is a different strain of the original infection?

The vector is evolving with each infection, which creates these offshoot species. This would explain why jumpers disappeared: they have a higher caloric cost to function, but their ability to find prey dwindled as the population of humans dropped, leading to their "extinction". This could also explain why we weren't seeing anything like behemoths very early on, and why runners and jumpers (essentially souped up biters) were the first specials to show up. Now we have the "Little Ones", the cutting-edge in biological manipulation. They hold all the best traits of all the previous species: speed, agility, toughness, and intelligence! And they self propagate! The only thing any crazed evil genius would ever need!

In all seriousness though, it appears the "virus" is trying to improve the host body and, by extension, it's propagation through accelerated evolution. A "trial and error" of different assets. Runners and jumpers showed that imrpoved athleticism was effective in the early stages of a crumbled society. Behemoths showed that better toughness and strength made it easier to bust through defenses, and survive prolonged exposure to a settlement. The smart ones have obvious advantages, and the Little Ones combine all these aspects.
    In short: Darwin was right.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    In short: Darwin was right.
    I'm still holding on to the Evil Genius theory of all the different Zeds.... But for the same reasons listed. Evil Genius (EG for short) tampered and got Runners. Tampered some more and got Jumpers. Some more tweaks by EG and we got Behemoths.
    EG decides to bring it all in and stop playing around. EG combines the athletic abilities of Runners and Jumpers with the strength and toughness of Behemoths -> Little Ones.

So, skip Darwin and go on to Intelligent Design (albeit an Evil Intelligence.. mwahahaha)
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsWell LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    I'm still holding on to the Evil Genius theory of all the different Zeds.... But for the same reasons listed. Evil Genius (EG for short) tampered and got Runners. Tampered some more and got Jumpers. Some more tweaks by EG and we got Behemoths.
    EG decides to bring it all in and stop playing around. EG combines the athletic abilities of Runners and Jumpers with the strength and toughness of Behemoths -> Little Ones.

So, skip Darwin and go on to Intelligent Design (albeit an Evil Intelligence.. mwahahaha)
    if there is a evil genius then someone in a position of power must of known about it, to an extent this only supports my "Victor is a CIA Agent" theory

but instead of speculating what it is and all that, lets stick to the raw facts, how does this thing react and behave, is it a virus, it is a contagious genetic virus, etc so on, when we started talking about saul and tonya being genetically immune we got off topic, lets sit down and work out what it could be or be a varient of.

who is immune and who isn't has no baring on the virus at all. it was even covered in this thread that Tonya said "if he was a slow turner, he would of been dead by now" which means its likely he just had blood posioning, WHICH is what saul got treated for, it makes sense, Tonya wouldn't know how to treat someone who was infected because the previous drugs weren't working. thats why the other slow turner got killed off by the colony.

now don't get me wrong i'm not saying that to be right or anything but i've always thought it was "too convienent" that someone would be immune, YES I KNOW HOW IMMUNUTY WORKS! (for the record i already knew so the fact i had it explaiend to me twice on this thread pissed me off i must admit, but i digress)

the point i am trying to make here is that to work out more accurately whats been doing what and who goes where would simply be a case of doing some kind of basic profile for the virus, for example, why is it only transferable through blood like an STD? does that have any bearing of its profile, it may be possible.

ALSO i have a random question, has anyone actually ever printed off a map and listened to the show and plotted out the origon source and compared that to where radon labs is on the map?

if not i voulinteer!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsWell LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    Or the whole thing was caused by genetically enhanced food by Mosanto?

innovation - humans to zombies
    collaboration - smart ones
    speed - fast ones

And even Hugh Grant looks a bit like Pinstripes.
    thats actually a horrifying thought O.O

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    The approximated location of Radon Labs is on the opposite side of the tower from ground zero. According to the estimated times the infestation origin.
    map were alive.jpg
    This is what I came up with form the show and the wiki, and while it doesn't link Radon to the outbreak, it is possible something there lead to the appearance of the DAH varieties.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

I was wondering if Radon Labs' location was mentioned anywhere. Did Burt say it was near his shop?

Another thing that bugs me is how do the smart ones fit in with the other special ones. Burt speculated that being a smart human made you a smart zombie. Skittles re-emphasized this when he warns against going near hospitals and 'book places' because of the brains. Therefore smartness seems to be a trait carried over from before infection.

The special ones appear to come from Ground Zero, as expressed by Kalani and C.J. But the runners, jumpers and behemoths have traits that EXCEED those of regular humans! The smart ones are just not as dumb as the other Zs. They don't have super human Khan Noonian Singh-like intelligence.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Burt never came out and said that radon labs was near his shop, but he knew about it, and they saw it on their way back from his shop to the tower, so I approximated that it was west of his shop and east of the tower.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Call me a moron, but the whole Radon Labs thing starts to sound a bit too wishful thinking-like. We need better evidence than that. If z-day was set up, the last priority would be laying out ID badge breadcrumbs.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast