User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Second pass pick-ups... minutiae? All right, I have my notes from my recent listen through. I missed this thread when it first went up, but I'm here now.

Sergeant Michael Cross got promoted after getting to Ft. Irwin:
    His wiki lists his rank as SGT/E-5 and way back in Ch. 3 (3/3 @ 21:21) When he meets Burt for the first time, he addresses Michael as "Buck Sergeant." Buck Sergeant is a sometimes derogatory, sometimes term of endearment for E-5's. Much later in Ch. 33, (1/3 @ 24:09) he calls Carl and identifies himself as Staff Sergeant, an E-6.

When CPL Puck is being a jerk, he isn't that big of a jerk:
    When correcting a newbie he says "Out falcon standing." (CH. 33 1/3 @ 4:25)
    (Bonus points if you know why I highlighted it in blue.)

Early signs of the Inklings/ADLO's/Numbered Ones:
    In Ch. 10 (1/3 @ 6:24) was that squeaking glass or whining?

More talking zombies:
    From Lizzy's audio journal... after she gets dragged out of the truck and the recording trails off, you can hear something say "Go" or "No."
    Last edited by Red Shirt; Nov 11th, 2013 at 12:05 PM.
    Likes Storm, Witch_Doctor liked this post
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post

More talking zombies:
    From Lizzy's audio journal... after she gets dragged out of the truck and the recording trails off, you can hear something say "Go" or "No."
    I thought it was "No" but KC replied saying something like "... or maybe it was 'No'..."
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered
    Not that it is really relevant to the story but in the scene when Angel and Saul find Burt and they camp out on the roof of Locked and Loaded, Angel mentions that Burt has a death grip on a revolver. The. A 'smart one' climbs up and attacks Saul, Burt shoots it off, and after the shot you hear a shell casing hit the ground. But if Birt was shooting a revolver instead of a semi-auto there wouldn't be a shell casing ejected. Again not that it really matters but I'm a gun fanatic and it's something that stood out to me as out of place.
    [FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Meat and Girth [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:squint:

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWiki AmateurLoved5000 Experience Points

Gamertag: skankyfish PSN ID: MrsFresh Steam ID: skankyfish Raptr ID: skankyfish
    In episode 16-3, right at the start, Angel tells Kalani that he recognised Latch's body because of his ring. He says he remembered because someone asked if they should take it off him. He also knows that his real name is John; he tells Kalani that it's because Pegs told him, but I thought Pegs didn't tell anyone anything about that moment?

That, to me, sounds like a cover story, and the first hint about The Family. I wonder if there are any others to pick up?
    Last edited by skankyfish; Nov 11th, 2013 at 03:32 AM. Reason: added detail
    Likes DemetriusH, Kc, Red Shirt, Unit, Footbutt liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Just finished re listening to the Purgatory chapter about Datu, Angel and Riley's adventure into the arena.

When Angel and Riley finally find the room Datu is in the door is locked on the outside, they go into the room next to it and find the hole Datu and Samantha made. And obviously Datu can't get out because it is locked on the inside too. So how do the zombies open the door to pick the next victim for the pit? Do they use a key?

We hear in Ch 1 when Michael, Angel and Saul lock themselves in the gun vault that they left the key in the door outside but none of the biters noticed or could figure it out.

Does this point to the evolutution of logic and cognitive abilities in the biters getting stronger? Are the ones in the Arena just some of the 'smart ones' and this part of Ink's close entourage? Or is it just a meaningless oversight in the story and isn't intended to be anything more than a reason to use the hole in the wall they worked so hard to make?

Interesting thoughts...
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    [FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Meat and Girth [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:squint:

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Unit9014 View Post

When Angel and Riley finally find the room Datu is in the door is locked on the outside, they go into the room next to it and find the hole Datu and Samantha made. And obviously Datu can't get out because it is locked on the inside too. So how do the zombies open the door to pick the next victim for the pit? Do they use a key?

Wasn't there a mention of a heavy bar on the outside of the door?

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    It has never occurred to me before, but the name Pegs / Peggy is derived from Magaret whose Marka meaning is "chicken." And Pegs' call sign was "Chicken Little", was it not? Hm.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_(name)

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    I don't recall any mention whatsoever of how the door was kept shut. Might simply be that Datu and Samantha never actually saw them remove anything from the front or heard the click of a key to be able to say and recall...

or, they might have mentioned a bar, I don't remember.
    Last edited by Robzombie; Nov 17th, 2013 at 03:35 PM.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    I don't remember mention of a bar. I'll have to go back and listen to the part where they bring Datu in, but Angel and Riley don't mention it.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    I know I am probably too anal about all things firearms but does it bother anyone else how they all call their magazines 'clips'? I just re-listened to The War chapter from season 1 and it made me cringe every time, especially when Burt, Michael, Saul or Angel did it, they are trained soldiers (and a firearms dealer)!

clip-n-mag.jpg
    Likes Red Shirt liked this post

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast