User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by clem131 View Post
    I think we'll have desperation and bad luck all over the place, tempered by a spark of hope in the reunion between Michael and Saul.
    I hope that something, anything works for the survivor. Even something simple, because the way things have been in the last 2/3 episodes it's just bad luck over and over again and the total desperation-nothing works-zombies are invincible thing is getting a bit tough to endure.
    The last few episodes have really been pounding in the whole "humanity is losing" theme. Chapter 35's ending hit it really hard at both the Colony and Fort Irwin (as heard in both Saul's and Michael's responses).

With the promise of a Season 4 and knowing that this is the build up for the Season 3 finale, I think we are guaranteed to have something positive happen to allow hope (and not just the character Hope) to be snatched from the slavering jaws of the Zed hordes....

Now, it won't be all rainbows and unicorns and somebody (or bodies) ain't gonna make it out... but humanity will live to fight another day (or season).
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I am cautiously optimistic for the final episode. I guess that season 4 will be more than just a variation of And Then There Were None. Moreover, the whole situation at the colony might be resolved in a way that differs enormously from the speculations on the forum. Frankly, there cannot be a "We're all dead" festival at Liberty Park. This does not exclude death, missing limbs and bruises - but most of our heros will make it.

Who knows, maybe Pegs returns with a genetically enhanced plant like a ... ummm ... Venus' Zombietrap?

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    You have a point, Saul's ass could be saved by a crazy-sauce-pan-helmeted-man selling plants out the back of his car.
    Seriously though I'm pretty sure Randy is a "General" fighting underneath TOWTM. He was turned after TOWTM and
    he didn't have markings before that as far as we know. Although the idea of a "Zombie Civil War" tickles me somewhat.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Solanine View Post
    [...] Although the idea of a "Zombie Civil War" tickles me somewhat.
    It could be interesting but what caused it, what is the "smoking gun"? Zombie class struggle? Maybe Randy and T.O.W.T.M. are special because they are some sort of human-zombie-hybrid, who retains its higher brain functions. But even if T.O.W.T.M.'s one purpose is to kill all mankind and Randy is the good Zombie Samaritan, they are both dependent on one rare resource - human brains.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    It could be interesting but what caused it, what is the "smoking gun"? Zombie class struggle? Maybe Randy and T.O.W.T.M. are special because they are some sort of human-zombie-hybrid, who retains its higher brain functions. But even if T.O.W.T.M.'s one purpose is to kill all mankind and Randy is the good Zombie Samaritan, they are both dependent on one rare resource - human brains.
    Ah yes, it keeps coming back to the basics of survival - food and shelter being at the top of the list. We do have some info on Zeds eating things other than people (even regular ole food). So I wonder if humans as the food source is the main driving factor in Zed-land right now.

We saw an evolution of behavior amongst our human friends in WA from "get somewhere safe" to "get something to eat" to "we might have to be here a while" in terms of what their objectives/actions were. If you subscribe to the theory that the Zeds are (at least in some individuals) still partly human or hold onto some human intelligence/rationalization, then we could see this convergence on the Colony as the Zed equivalent of survival behavior.

And, for all we know at the moment, we could have 2 (or more) Zed factions in LA just like we had human groups. Randy's group could be an equivalent to the Tower folks and TOWTM's group could be like the Mallers.

I'm just throwin' it out there....
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Ah yes, it keeps coming back to the basics of survival - food and shelter being at the top of the list. We do have some info on Zeds eating things other than people (even regular ole food). So I wonder if humans as the food source is the main driving factor in Zed-land right now.

We saw an evolution of behavior amongst our human friends in WA from "get somewhere safe" to "get something to eat" to "we might have to be here a while" in terms of what their objectives/actions were. If you subscribe to the theory that the Zeds are (at least in some individuals) still partly human or hold onto some human intelligence/rationalization, then we could see this convergence on the Colony as the Zed equivalent of survival behavior.

And, for all we know at the moment, we could have 2 (or more) Zed factions in LA just like we had human groups. Randy's group could be an equivalent to the Tower folks and TOWTM's group could be like the Mallers.

I'm just throwin' it out there....
    Good points indeed.

"Scavenger"

Status
    I don't see many charecters surviving.

"Lurker"

Status
    Michael, Burt, Saul and Lizzie must live!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Burt doesn't have to live. He can die. To me his story is done. He and Saul are even, he could have stayed in the hospital, but he wants to fight to protect the colony. With the walls being rushed, and him being weaker than even Lizzy is, he is going to fall behind. I'm not saying hes going to get taken out by the front line, but he is going down at some point. Hopefully taking TOWTM with him.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by FelixTheLastJumper View Post
    Burt doesn't have to live. He can die. To me his story is done. He and Saul are even, he could have stayed in the hospital, but he wants to fight to protect the colony. With the walls being rushed, and him being weaker than even Lizzy is, he is going to fall behind. I'm not saying hes going to get taken out by the front line, but he is going down at some point. Hopefully taking TOWTM with him.
    Burt's story is not done yet. He has got some unresolved "issues" with Scratch. Besides, he is familiar with the situation the colony is in as one of his favorite movies is "The Road Warrior." The more pressing question, in my opinion, is, how good the fortification of the colony is. Tanya told Michael in episode 23 (?) that back at colony, they never encountered special zombies like the behemoth, runners, jumpers and so on.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast