User Tag List

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Question:

It was mentioned that the zeehs surrounded The Colony.
    And when The Colony was described the first time, it had the size of what area again? A whole block?
    Anyone here has an idea about how huge this place actually is?
    And therefore how many zeehs would you need to surround the place ... ?

I am pretty amazed to see 'so many' zeehs gathering at one place. This would mean that food is not so much of a problem for the (Ink's/ Randy's) "army" of zeehs ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon_Tyler View Post
    The one aspect of this that is bothering me is the overuse of conventional weaponry as opposed to improvised techniques that would be far more effective. Such as mixing bleach and ammonia to create poisonous gas (if they're bulletproof from the outside, but still need to breathe air....)

Depending on which way the wind was blowing, a poison gas could be used at great distances and dissipate quickly.

...and what about common sense shit like BUILDING A MOAT? There's a reason moats were used extensively in the middle ages: they freaking worked. Or a page could be taken from Leiningen Versus the Ants, in which the protagonist uses a variety of moats and ditches.

By "moat", I don't necessarily mean a water moat, but a big ditch filled with jagged things would be highly effective. By leaving one or two paths of ingress/egress, it creates a bottleneck for the zombies. In all this time, nobody at Irwin or the Colony considered this?
    the thing about building a moat/large trench is it would take alot of time and noise and machinery which would attract alot of infected. not many people would volunteer for that there safety would not be guaranteed. or perhaps if they had heaps of explosives they would only need volunteers to plant them much safer and quicker way of doing it

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Question:

It was mentioned that the zeehs surrounded The Colony.
    And when The Colony was described the first time, it had the size of what area again? A whole block?
    Anyone here has an idea about how huge this place actually is?
    And therefore how many zeehs would you need to surround the place ... ?

I am pretty amazed to see 'so many' zeehs gathering at one place. This would mean that food is not so much of a problem for the (Ink's/ Randy's) "army" of zeehs ...
    We haven't really ever had a count of the Zeds that show up in large numbers. It's usually just "so many" creatures.

From the reactions of Saul and Michael at the end of this chapter, I guess we are supposed to assume hundreds or thousands. That would make me think that they haven't had a problem a) finding food or b) finding people to turn.

Obviously at Ft Irwin, the Zeds are from Boulder which was plentiful in food and people to turn. But back in LA, where did it all come from?
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    We haven't really ever had a count of the Zeds that show up in large numbers. It's usually just "so many" creatures.

From the reactions of Saul and Michael at the end of this chapter, I guess we are supposed to assume hundreds or thousands. That would make me think that they haven't had a problem a) finding food or b) finding people to turn.

Obviously at Ft Irwin, the Zeds are from Boulder which was plentiful in food and people to turn. But back in LA, where did it all come from?
    From early statements we know that there were hundreds "or more" - mentioned at The War and especially at the hospital. And I guess it is a safe assumption that the ones from the hospital are the same as the ones attacking The Colony now, because in both cases the Behemoths were the same in number - just coincidence? I doubt it.
    And if there are so many, why do they need to wait until the gate is opened? There is a second gate. And with two Behemoths around I guess it shouldn't be too much of a problem to get through weaker spots of the wall which surrounds the colony.

Again: How big is The Colony actually? What size is "almost a block wide"? And is it around "that" Liberty Park?

I am in dire need of understanding the situation, because I have a lot of trouble envisioning the scene ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    From early statements we know that there were hundreds "or more" - mentioned at The War and especially at the hospital. And I guess it is a safe assumption that the ones from the hospital are the same as the ones attacking The Colony now, because in both cases the Behemoths were the same in number - just coincidence? I doubt it.
    And if there are so many, why do they need to wait until the gate is opened? There is a second gate. And with two Behemoths around I guess it shouldn't be too much of a problem to get through weaker spots of the wall which surrounds the colony.

Again: How big is The Colony actually? What size is "almost a block wide"? And is it around "that" Liberty Park?

I am in dire need of understanding the situation, because I have a lot of trouble envisioning the scene ...

All the best!
    Liam
    there is concept art of the colony or at least of one part of the wall of the colony

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/s...tle=Chapter+18

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    VeteranWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    The whole Moat thing as said above would simply just have taken up far too much time. Maybe Irwin could have done it, but remember they never feared for their safety. Also keep in mind, NONE of them had seen crazy zombie types up there, nor did any account for Boulder's demise. Maybe they could have taken extra precautions...but why would they want to? They're more concerned with establishing and expanding their territory.

Also: just saying, Riley's been MIA all season. I think she'll be more relevant either in the season finale or Season 4. Riley needs something to do. Maybe it could be killing Scratch. Saving Michael? Finding a lover. Something. Riley's been taking too much shit for too long.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Totally agree on the moat. Those that needed it didn't have time or ability to make one. Those that had time & equipment didn't think they needed one.

In general, Fort Irwin's defenses suffered from Col Kimmet's over confidence and lack of experience.

Regarding Riley, I think she's got one more heroic act left in her. Is there a plausible way for her to detonate Fort Irwin after the Pelican gets the rest of the team gets clear?
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    A moat is just a large hole in the ground right? After a certain number of zombies that moat would be filled and all you would have to show for it is the rotting flesh smell surrounding your base. In summary, moat = really bad smell forever.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked

Gamertag: SmokeyGlaze420 PSN ID: none XFIRE ID: nope Steam ID: none Raptr ID: huh? Wii Code: nadda
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3_T3ch View Post
    A moat is just a large hole in the ground right? After a certain number of zombies that moat would be filled and all you would have to show for it is the rotting flesh smell surrounding your base. In summary, moat = really bad smell forever.
    My thoughts exactly, while in theory a moat would be great because it would slow the zombie advance and give the defenders a chance to thin out their nubers or stop them althogether. But the problem is if there are enough zombies (which it would seem so at the colony) then all it would do is by them time before the moat filled with dead zombies (is that an oxymoron?). In the end you would just be hampering yourself, because you would have toc take the time to clear out the fallen Z's thus giving the still living Z's a chance to attack again.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyZombified View Post
    dead zombies (is that an oxymoron?)
    Zombies in WA-verse: the oxymoron (two words contradicting each other) applies to WA zombies, before they got properly and thoroughly shot and thus killed, because until then they are alive, actually - as proven by Tanya; but when WA-zombies get properly and thoroughly shot and killed, then they are just as dead as humans are dead, when being properly and thoroughly shot ...

Zombies in general pop-culture often are dead beings, thus adding the word "dead" to "zombies" ends up as tautology.
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Nov 19th, 2012 at 04:08 PM.
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast