User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status

end of series 3 theory

After listening to parts 32 to the recent 34 part 1, I have gained the theory that the series will end in two ways:

1) Michael will go to boulder to save his friends and have a war with the zombies (to comply with the epic fight trend)

2) Lizzie will escape from the mallers (to combine with the maller contribution trend) and have her baby as soon as she re-unites with saul, bringing new hope

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

The series or the season?
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Lurker"

Status
    the third season

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Star-Predator25 View Post
    After listening to parts 32 to the recent 34 part 1, I have gained the theory that the series will end in two ways:

1) Michael will go to boulder to save his friends and have a war with the zombies (to comply with the epic fight trend)

2) Lizzie will escape from the mallers (to combine with the maller contribution trend) and have her baby as soon as she re-unites with saul, bringing new hope
    1) What about Tanya? If Michael heads to Boulder, he probably would be able to bring Riley with him. But Tanya?
    2) Would be kind of a very preterm birth, wouldn't it? Considering the situation I have some trouble believing little Henry (if Lizzy sticks with the name provided by Scratch) would survive in those circumstances ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I am not sure if Mr Wayland has got enough rabbits left in his hat to extend Tanya's liberty of action. Michael is currently not able to do both in time, getting Tanya quarantine and breaking down quickly on to Boulder.Yeah, he is really in quandary - it is again a pure Michael situation. If he likes it or not, he is the pivotal point whose actions decide on who is going to live or not. While trying to pretend being this tough/rational soldier, his very own version of Boulder consists of Kelly, Datu, Hope and of course Pegs.

Taking a look at what is going on at the mallony, I can simply not predict the outcome. Ok, Lizzy and Saul will reunite at some point, that is for sure. However, things will get a litte complicated, when Lizzy will tell him and Victor about Burt. I do not know what the outcome will be. Will there be a wild shooting between the two fractions? Will the colony be overrun by zombies. Nevertheless, it is not good place to give birth to a baby, moreover, its chances of survival would be rather low.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

This crossed my mind:

What, if Michael, Puck, Carl, Riley (?) and Robbins (and Tanya???) are allowed to move to Boulder in order to organize or support the evacuation of the remaining Boulderites ... Considering the probably huge number of people the evacuation wouldn't (only) rely on air-transportation only, especially since we had several hints towards the shortage of gas for planes (which is a lot different from gas for cars and trucks, right?); they would need to organize convoys for the people of Boulder to get out there asap ... or even create a flow of refugees on foot ... This would be kind of an interesting cliffhanger for the Fort Irwin - Boulder storyline at the end of season 3, right? And in season 4 we could have something along the Mad Max theme with the refugees and soldiers trying to get to Boulder - in the middle of winter, with super special super-zombies on their tail, a manic depressive colonel and his nuke ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Hmm...heres the crackpot ender for ya

Dunbar tower, complete with refugees from the colony...under attack from ink and co..at the same time boulder is being readied to set off the nuke. Round about the same timeframe as nuke goes boom...glenn gets the sat phone working...where does Mikey go?
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    This crossed my mind:

What, if Michael, Puck, Carl, Riley (?) and Robbins (and Tanya???) are allowed to move to Boulder in order to organize or support the evacuation of the remaining Boulderites ... Considering the probably huge number of people the evacuation wouldn't (only) rely on air-transportation only, especially since we had several hints towards the shortage of gas for planes (which is a lot different from gas for cars and trucks, right?); they would need to organize convoys for the people of Boulder to get out there asap ... or even create a flow of refugees on foot ... This would be kind of an interesting cliffhanger for the Fort Irwin - Boulder storyline at the end of season 3, right? And in season 4 we could have something along the Mad Max theme with the refugees and soldiers trying to get to Boulder - in the middle of winter, with super special super-zombies on their tail, a manic depressive colonel and his nuke ...
    I have racked my brains over it (nice pun, by the way) how Tanya will get out of her quarantine cell. Since Kimmet has always dismissed Tanya's requests to be released from her prison, I think that it is up to Michael to take matters into his own hands. He has already assembled a group of soldiers he can rely on. Duuh-duuh-duuuuuhhh, watch out, Kimmet!

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek;48490Yeah, he is really in quandary - it is again a pure [AUTOLINK
    Michael[/AUTOLINK] situation. If he likes it or not, he is the pivotal point whose actions decide on who is going to live or not. While trying to pretend being this tough/rational soldier, his very own version of Boulder consists of Kelly, Datu, Hope and of course Pegs.
    Agreed. For my money, friends over family seems to be a theme on WA. On the families aren't as good as friends side, we have Tanya and Saul who drifted apart, Kelly and Tommy whose relationship wasn't that great, and IMHO, there's an implication that Michael didn't get along too well with his family. (The reluctance to talk about them plus his problems with authority seem to hint that he didn't get along so well with the 'rents.) Families who have seemed close include Scratch who is willing to maim, torture and kill pretty much anyone to avenge her brother and Kalani who is willing to put a lot of people at risk to save his daughter. Also the whole, mysterious family that Scratch is a part of? Yeah, that shit's fucked up.

Conversely, we've seen Riley and Michael (and Victor and Saul and Kalani and Angel and Riley and Lizzy that one time) emotionally support each other, and we've seen friends die/be willing to die for each other. It's sort of odd because it seems that the consanguineous family (people who share blood) have been the primary unit of societal organization in human history. But maybe in times of strife, blood bonds are the first to break?

Sorry, let me return to the topic. Per my theory that the show privileges affinity over consanguinity, I do think that the final battle of the season will be as much a philosophical one as a literal one. Michael needs to choose where his loyalty lies. He doesn't have blood, so he can't retreat to them. Because he can't hide behind family, he'll have to decide between the individualistic/humanistic philosophy we saw him implement in the Tower and the collectivist/utilitarian view promoted by the military.

Obviously, I don't have a clue what's going to happen. But the ending for Season One seemed to indicate (to me) that success/survival was the result of everyone doing their personal best and Season Two's relative failure seemed to stem from the dissolution of the relationships in the Tower. Okay. That sounded dumb. In Season One, everyone pitched in and worked together but from within their respective wheelhouses. If "all" you could do was push furniture, you pushed furniture. But in Season Two, there was no communication and people were at cross purposes. So, some people were flying fucking helicopters, some people were locked in jail and god knows what some others were even doing.

Or maybe WA is just a comment on the tendency of things towards entropy...not unlike this post.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I have a feeling that the brilliant mind that is KC Wayland will come up with something that will be surprising yet satisfying yet mystifying, there are plenty of loose threads that he can tie up in a nice neat bow and others that he can leave as a wonderful cliffhanger. Im so bad at judging where things are going Im going to hold off putting my ideas out there just yet, but I have my hopes that the saul and lizzy story line will get to a satisfying point before the end of season

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast